The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

Ta2Don 05-08-2017 06:34 AM

Re: tuba trucks

Great stuff Clem! LOL on the Ford stuff... he definitely won't part with it, right Martin!!!

Bomp 05-08-2017 06:49 AM

WOW, you can see Maude and the F@rd in the back ground. (Pic of me behind the wheel of the Hot Rod).
Don't even look like the same trucks. Amazing work.

clemdaddy 06-14-2017 10:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks Don & Bomp… appreciate it guys.

The month of May in Arkansas is the most beautiful time of the year. Trees, flowers, rivers, cruises, car shows, they all seem to bloom at the same time. That said, work at Tuba slows down a bit, distractions you know. Halter tops, short shorts, college girls. It's tough to keep the guys in line. Not that that stuff bothers me any at all but at least a little progress was made this month.

First is B-52.
A normal flat bed from the period had rounded channel on the front corners and squared ones in the back. But if you used 2 beds you could have rounded corners all the way around. So a little fabbing and there it is…

Then the front fenders and inners were mounted plus we kinda placed the 3 cab lights in where they looked right...

Grizz1963 06-15-2017 02:59 AM

Good work.

You know I like cab lights.

So it's always good in my book.

Palf70Step 06-15-2017 05:08 AM

Beautiful!

clemdaddy 06-15-2017 07:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Appreciate it Rian and Bill… your comments are always motivational and Lord knows we need it…

Second post for the month starts with a setback. Maude who's doors were just hung was involved in a windy storm and the door checks had not been installed. Stupid move. And yes, both doors blew open multiple times during the storm and put very deep creases in both doors as well as chipping the paint on the fender edges. Major setback… but all has been fixed now and it feels like a bad dream thats over.

This last month Maude got her hood painted and installed, also windshield and back glass were put in as well as the radiator to core support sails. Not much else got done except the disaster redo, which was major.

Bomp 06-16-2017 08:31 AM

Professional with a touch of love.
No matter the set back you pull it off.
I remember seeing Maude in person way back when, amazing transformation.
Thanks for the pics and motivation.

Palf70Step 06-16-2017 03:56 PM

:agree:

clemdaddy 06-23-2017 07:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Greg and Bill… always appreciate it.

A new project just came to Tuba. Short-wide, big window, custom cab with 230 six and 3 speed. It's another family heirloom that was purchased new and handed down. The nephew wants it to be dealer fresh only saving the window stickers and gun rack that his uncle added. This is a very straight and original truck with only a little decay in the kick panels. I love working on restorations with my customers helping out through the process, and this one will be a pleasure to do.

ibrown50 06-23-2017 04:00 PM

I missed the Maude update, awsome job repairing the doors :metal:, I've just done one door and it took me 6 months :lol:

The new project is a great looking truck, can't wait to see the updates

Chevy Apache 06-23-2017 05:22 PM

Good job on the doors Clem got that to do myself after my hood repairs.

Ta2Don 06-23-2017 05:54 PM

Beautiful truck and love the family heirloom side of the story!

RANDY COX 06-23-2017 08:45 PM

Clemdaddy I absolutely love all the trucks you work on and Love your shop....

Grizz1963 06-24-2017 05:18 AM

That new truck looks like you already did all the magic.

Lovely looking thing too.

clemdaddy 07-04-2017 11:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks fellas, definitely appreciate it…

Well, after 25 years and 2 restos, the time has come to let Cory go. She has been a fun ride. Kim and I both love her and have strived to keep her in top flight condition but sometimes, you just have to say 'goodbye girl' and let 'em go.
Besides a 66 year old guy trying to gracefully get out of a sportscar this low, is not a good sight and shouldn't be witnessed by children.

So… here's Cory…

Bomp 07-05-2017 11:19 AM

Sure was a honor siting in the drivers seat last Oct. Will miss it greatly.

oem4me 07-05-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7983485)
Thanks fellas, definitely appreciate it…

Well, after 25 years and 2 restos, the time has come to let Cory go. She has been a fun ride. Kim and I both love her and have strived to keep her in top flight condition but sometimes, you just have to say 'goodbye girl' and let 'em go.
Besides a 66 year old guy trying to gracefully get out of a sportscar this low, is not a good sight and shouldn't be witnessed by children.

So… here's Cory…

A roadster with air. Nice! Love the color combo too. I had a '63 coupe with the same combination and always loved how the red interior glowed within the sexy white envelope. The first gen Stingray: A style icon, no doubt about it!

mjh1965 07-05-2017 12:26 PM

Clem if that was mine I would still be driving it till the day they took my driving license off me . Old guys driving sports cars just makes youngsters look and think one day I will own one of those. Mind you that might be because I also own a sports car as well as the truck .

chevyrestoguy 07-05-2017 12:56 PM

My neighbor has a sister to your Corvette. It's a '64 roadster, 2 tops, white, red interior. His is a 365 horse, 4-speed, 3.73 gear with A/C. Numbers matching from front to back. He bought it for a whopping $2700 in 1976, and he drove it for years. I helped him do the frame-off about 8 years ago. I have restored many cars, and there is no challenge quite like a C2 Corvette. Not an easy restoration to do.

Love your cars and trucks!

rusty76 07-05-2017 05:54 PM

That's a beautiful car.

Bomp 08-23-2017 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been thinkin' bout ya & could use an update.
Pic for attention:
Sincerely,
your son Bomp ;)

northern 85 08-27-2017 08:19 AM

Just checking in for updates

Modges'66 09-03-2017 07:47 PM

Me too, Clem!
Tell me something that I want to know!...Or, something that I don't!

clemdaddy 09-07-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7983715)
Sure was a honor siting in the drivers seat last Oct. Will miss it greatly.

Thanks bro… I miss those times too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oem4me (Post 7983734)
A roadster with air. Nice! Love the color combo too. I had a '63 coupe with the same combination and always loved how the red interior glowed within the sexy white envelope. The first gen Stingray: A style icon, no doubt about it!

A fine car whose time has passed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7983780)
Clem if that was mine I would still be driving it till the day they took my driving license off me . Old guys driving sports cars just makes youngsters look and think one day I will own one of those. Mind you that might be because I also own a sports car as well as the truck .

Thanks Martin, and I hear ya buddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy (Post 7983819)
My neighbor has a sister to your Corvette. It's a '64 roadster, 2 tops, white, red interior. His is a 365 horse, 4-speed, 3.73 gear with A/C. Numbers matching from front to back. He bought it for a whopping $2700 in 1976, and he drove it for years. I helped him do the frame-off about 8 years ago. I have restored many cars, and there is no challenge quite like a C2 Corvette. Not an easy restoration to do.

Love your cars and trucks!

I appreciate it pal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty76 (Post 7984047)
That's a beautiful car.

Thanks buddy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 8023615)
Been thinkin' bout ya & could use an update.
Pic for attention:
Sincerely,
your son Bomp ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by northern 85 (Post 8025936)
Just checking in for updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 8031260)
Me too, Clem!
Tell me something that I want to know!...Or, something that I don't!

Apologize for being distant guys, but as they say… life gets in the way occasionally.

Will post up the Tuba news as soon as I can

clemdaddy 09-07-2017 11:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK here comes an update on Maude…
She got the front clip retro fitted. First time that I ever used repro fenders and inner fenders and core support. You would think that at least their parts would fit together but NO, nothing fit without tons of grinding, drilling and welding… but such is the exercise.
Maude is, in fact, an economy build. Everything is scrutinized for cost and necessity and quite frankly some of the decisions made were not what I personally would have done but I am just the builder of someone else's dream. So here's Maude, close to starting up...