The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

Carribean Blue 72 03-06-2012 12:39 AM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

What a month it has been, My 1948 GMC Panel Delivery was pulled out of the backyard and the floor was gone.Front to back. I assembled parts from LMC, Jim Carters and Brothers to get the pieces. assembly was tricky because I had no measurement to go by. My fear was the doors would give me fits. Well.... All is assembled, welded, plasma arced, filled. grinding smoothed out, mar glass applied, brushed seam sealer and two coats of grey primer. We have a happy truck.I would run a thread but do not as yet know how to post pics- any help?

OrrieG 03-06-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daze57 (Post 5233394)
OrrieG

That aint a bottle of corn whiskey is it ?
ya look very comfy - good lookin dog also

Newcastle Brown Ale, current favorite store bought beer. Murphy is Louisiana catahoula leopard dog, lab and something else mix, cattle herding breed.

pro1955 03-06-2012 12:10 PM

I finished up the welding on my C notch project, plumming the under bed fuel tank next. I'm running 275/40-20 with 10x20 wheels, looks like my rear fender supports are going to hit when suspension bottoms. Can you get away with taking them off?

Daze57 03-06-2012 01:22 PM

OrrieG

Cool on the ale - catahoula dogs -great dogs -
i am runnin with 2 tennesee walker treeing hounds
gotta have dogs in the old trucks -
btw - you always have great info on the old trucks - ty v v m

55metalmonkey 03-06-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carribean Blue 72 (Post 5233426)
. We have a happy truck.I would run a thread but do not as yet know how to post pics- any help?

when you post go to the bottom and find the "attach files" section then "manage attachments" button it will bring you to a tab to upload pictures, click on "browse" and then double click on the pic you want to upload (make sure they are 100kb or under ie resize them to fit) once you have all the pics you want to use click "upload" and ta-da your done. it might take a few minutes for the files to upload but when it's done it will take you to your post then submit.

Hope this helps

oldcouple 03-06-2012 05:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Went by the shop, they blew the motor up on their compressor so not much work, did get the rear letters on, I chose the chrome ones for LMC, what the hey, only 10 bucks, and the bed liner in.

Atommik 03-06-2012 09:07 PM

Got the last of my cab corner rust patches from LMC, planning to start that project this weekend.

beanyard 03-10-2012 12:13 AM

Thanks to Daze57 and a local vintage salvage yard I have officially acquired every piece of original deluxe stainless to convert my 59 into the fleetside deluxe which was top of the line. I posted pics of the salvage yard on the Facebook page via my iPhone. I hope to soon own the 50 Burb pictured. I am working on a deal now.
Posted via Mobile Device

beanyard 03-10-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanyard (Post 5242199)
Thanks to Daze57 and a local vintage salvage yard I have officially acquired every piece of original deluxe stainless to convert my 59 into the fleetside deluxe which was top of the line. I posted pics of the salvage yard on the Facebook page via my iPhone. I hope to soon own the 50 Burb pictured. I am working on a deal now.
Posted via Mobile Device

That includes the chrome window frames :)
Posted via Mobile Device

4DSEVEN 03-10-2012 05:25 PM

Worked on the box and roll pan for fit and adjustments. Still a ton of stuff to do before final prep and paint. Hoping to be driving by mid June - July.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...tonemapped.jpg

OrrieG 03-10-2012 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 5231207)
Nothing. I made this pile working on Ms. Joan's greenhouse, the current domestic priority. Then I did this because it was still warm and sunny.

Made significant progress with a little sun. Getting closer to quality truck time!

Hot Rod Todd 03-12-2012 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a 89 litre (23 US gallon) stainless steel fuel tank off our equivalent of E Bay. Im flying north for our National Drags (we sanction thru IHRA) at the weekend, so I will take it with me & get another mate to take it to the guy who is working on the truck. Truck is 600 miles from where I live.

Really, Im mainly just sorting out the stuff I need, sourcing it and sending it north to the guy who is working on the truck. Its a good partnership really because I get to plan the project, tell himm what I want and fund everything, & he does the engineering so its safe for me to drive. Rear end came out last week & got refitted as per the original Jag setup and truck sits about an inch lower now. Back will settle a bit more too. Front will drop a bit when the 250 cube 6 gets replaced with the usual 350/700R4 combo

I need more room in the cab so the original tank has to go. Hope to have it done and good to drive the 600 miles home again by the end of April

messy jesse 03-13-2012 02:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
got alot done today Attachment 889308

Attachment 889309

52 Rat 03-13-2012 09:09 PM

After three years I fired up the engine.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/Rearview.jpg

danheit 03-13-2012 10:53 PM

went and bought some gas, filled the radiator with h20, and took it for a ride around the neighborhood. Still a ton of stuff to do to even get started on her, but at least I can drive the truck around the block when I lose sight of my end goal.

av8tr33337 03-13-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danheit (Post 5250412)
went and bought some gas, filled the radiator with h20, and took it for a ride around the neighborhood. Still a ton of stuff to do to even get started on her, but at least I can drive the truck around the block when I lose sight of my end goal.

Can't wait until I get to that point.

B_Hix 03-14-2012 07:26 AM

I put sound proofing on my cab floor and got my carpet installed. I now have a complete interior minus door panels and headliner.

My truck is complete, minus the front fenders, grill and hood - expect I'll have her done by June.

Even though it doesnt have a front on it I drove it to the end of my road, 2 miles roundtrip - told my wife I was checking the brakes ;)

Couldn't resist - I marked the trucks territory by laying a 80' scratch in front of the house :devil:

focusedontheprize 03-14-2012 07:39 AM

Picking up my 5 lug disc brake setup, front shock mounts, and king pins from Classic Perform.

The Challenger finally has epoxy on it so that is going out until late summer and the truck is coming back in. UPS dropped off my drop axle, tie rod, and drag link from Sid this past weekend so that should keep me busy for the next few weekends.

Atommik 03-14-2012 09:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mocked up my BMW Xenon headlight set-up in one of the fenders. It works awesome!! (It will have chrome trim rings and the area of the headlight bucket directly around the light will be painted body color.)

lowdownstar 03-14-2012 09:26 PM

52 Rat truck sounds great!

Ray

52 Rat 03-14-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 5252238)
52 Rat truck sounds great!

Ray

Thanks Ray!

_Ogre 03-15-2012 04:03 PM

drove mine...

ChuckDriver 03-15-2012 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the wheel tub and bedwood install!

Chevette 03-16-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckDriver (Post 5254336)
Finished the wheel tub and bedwood install!

Great job! I really like those tubs. What are they from? Lookin' Good.

Johnny49 03-16-2012 06:42 AM

Hooked up the trickle charger so we have a good solid charge when we take the cover off and fire up the old beauty for the first time in 2012 on Tuesday 3/20, the first day of Spring! Forecast calling for sun and 75 degrees. Hopefully we'll have 20,000 views on the video to help commemorate the day! We're close! Check it out and feel free to share: The Old Truck Runs Again!

Thanks!