The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Joke Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=805197)

1976gmc20 03-25-2021 08:18 PM

Re: Joke Thread

1 Attachment(s)

72 tigger 03-26-2021 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Palf70Step 03-26-2021 07:01 AM

:lol: :metal: :lol:

richard2717 03-28-2021 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
drunk

GOPAPA 03-28-2021 11:26 AM

One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted.....'Look at that dead bird!'
Someone looked up at the sky and said...'where?'

richard2717 03-30-2021 12:07 PM

PISSED OFF RITE NOW! You guys think ur hard just because u jumped me!!!! I handled every 1 of u. I pulled up to the store, as soon as I get out of the car, I got jumped!!! U think u got some good shots 2 my face, but I don't have nothing on my face. I got some marks on my arms & neck, but that ain't nothing.... Bet u weren't expecting me to swing back since it was like 10 against 1. Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I was tired & just wanted to get inside the store for help, but in my family there's no backing down! I was swinging back making sure u caught sum cracks. All I gotta say is u attacked me 1st & jumped me at the store! But CATCH ME OUTSIDE, and we can do this all day! As soon as I got in the store, I bought some Off Spray and ran back outside. They jumped me again, only this time I sprayed them... I had no choice, I hate freaking mosquitoes!! Blood suckers!!! lol... welcome to the Eastern shore

richard2717 03-30-2021 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
trailer

1976gmc20 03-30-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8901452)
trailer

Actually that seems like a pretty good way to tow a disabled pickup. I assume they lashed the steering wheel so it won't turn. Probably the rear tires/wheels are lying in the bed.

Also ... people make pickup bed trailers all the time. I suppose it would be reasonable to leave the cab and just pull off the front end and make a tongue out of the front of the frame, so then you would have a pickup bed trailer with a waterproof toolbox on the front ;) :lol:

richard2717 03-30-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8901468)
Actually that seems like a pretty good way to tow a disabled pickup. I assume they lashed the steering wheel so it won't turn. Probably the rear tires/wheels are lying in the bed.

Also ... people make pickup bed trailers all the time. I suppose it would be reasonable to leave the cab and just pull off the front end and make a tongue out of the front of the frame, so then you would have a pickup bed trailer with a waterproof toolbox on the front ;) :lol:

I have 2 pickup body trailers here now. they come in handy for small stuff and are simple to make.

Only issue I see with the pic above is turning capability. You would really need to be careful to not hit bumpers turning, but other than that I would have no issue towing something like that.

1976gmc20 03-30-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8901495)
I have 2 pickup body trailers here now. they come in handy for small stuff and are simple to make.

Only issue I see with the pic above is turning capability. You would really need to be careful to not hit bumpers turning, but other than that I would have no issue towing something like that.

One night we lost the steering in our VW bug and had to walk home. Next day I went over there with the log truck (without the trailer) and jacked up the front of of the car with a Handyman jack and set the bumper up on the pintle hitch and then chained it to the truck frame.

Made for a workable tow truck but it was only a couple of miles. And no I don't have any pictures - that was back in the buy film and develop days. Somewhere in a box there are some pictures of putting a different chassis under the VW body.

I had a friend that moved a cabover camper with a pickup bed trailer and that was scary! Just pivoting on the ball without the front axle it leaned back and forth so much that I thought it was going to turn over.

Ol Blue K20 03-30-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8901452)
trailer

That actually might work.......

franken 03-31-2021 12:32 AM

With Covid and the February freeze in the south (TX for us):

2020 was hell
2021 hell froze

Grumpy old man 03-31-2021 01:57 PM

Back and forth . . . . back and forth . . . .
In and out . . . . in and out . . . .
A little to the right . . . . a little to the left . . . .
She could feel the sweat on her forehead . . . .
Between her breasts . . . . and, trickling down the small of her back . . . .
She was getting near to the end . . . . !!
He was in ecstasy . . . . with a huge smile on his face as his wife moved . . . . Forwards then backwards . . . .
Forward then backward . . . .
Again . . . . and, again . . . . !!
Her heart was pounding now . . . .
Her face was flushed . . . .
She moaned . . . . softly at first, then began to groan louder . . . .
Finally . . . . totally exhausted . . . . she let out a piercing scream . . . .
She shouted . . . . :

"OK, OK, you smug bastard, I can't parallel park . . . .
You do it . . . . !!"

:lol:

SCOTI 03-31-2021 02:17 PM

LoL....

Ol Blue K20 03-31-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8901937)
Back and forth . . . . back and forth . . . .
In and out . . . . in and out . . . .
A little to the right . . . . a little to the left . . . .
She could feel the sweat on her forehead . . . .
Between her breasts . . . . and, trickling down the small of her back . . . .
She was getting near to the end . . . . !!
He was in ecstasy . . . . with a huge smile on his face as his wife moved . . . . Forwards then backwards . . . .
Forward then backward . . . .
Again . . . . and, again . . . . !!
Her heart was pounding now . . . .
Her face was flushed . . . .
She moaned . . . . softly at first, then began to groan louder . . . .
Finally . . . . totally exhausted . . . . she let out a piercing scream . . . .
She shouted . . . . :

"OK, OK, you smug bastard, I can't parallel park . . . .
You do it . . . . !!"

:lol:

Bad oh so bad but I love it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Keith Seymore 04-01-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8901468)

LOL!

And - at least they had the presence of mind to add safety chains.

I had totally forgotten about this but you all have reminded me: when I was but a youth I towed by girlfriend's (now wife) VW bug kind of like that. The front suspension had rusted out and so I picked the front of the car up and set the bumper on the trailer hitch, lifting it just enough to tow it home.

Looking back: (a) that seems like a really bad idea, since the rear bumper was always falling off, and (b) I don't remember how I fixed the suspension, or how I prevented it from doing that on the other side.

It's all just a blur....

K

1976gmc20 04-01-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 8902244)
LOL!

And - at least they had the presence of mind to add safety chains.

I had totally forgotten about this but you all have reminded me: when I was but a youth I towed by girlfriend's (now wife) VW bug kind of like that. The front suspension had rusted out and so I picked the front of the car up and set the bumper on the trailer hitch, lifting it just enough to tow it home.

Looking back: (a) that seems like a really bad idea, since the rear bumper was always falling off, and (b) I don't remember how I fixed the suspension, or how I prevented it from doing that on the other side.

It's all just a blur....

K

Yeah, this was the same thing. The chassis pan had rusted so that it wouldn't hold the four big bolts that hold the front axle. I had already replaced the bolts and added a stack of big washers to try to hold it together. But it was still "working" and eventually broke the rag joint sending us out in a field. Just earlier that day we had been driving on a narrow mountain jeep trail!

I'm surprised the axle just didn't stay on the ground but there must have been something still holding it, just not very well. I fixed it by unbolting the body and replacing the entire chassis pan with a good one from a wrecked bug we already had. Just as well because we had never registered the replacement bug anyway - figured no cop would ever want to pull out the back seat and try to read the VIN. When I was done it was the right one anyway :)

Apparently the bumper was still solid but I'm sure I hooked the chain(s) to something back underneath so it cradled the front of the car like a wrecker would. It was a one time thing and a long time ago so I don't remember exactly. It was only a couple miles on a back road to get to where we were living then.

Palf70Step 04-01-2021 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
....:d

richard2717 04-01-2021 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
got my new washing machine all ready to go

Ol Blue K20 04-01-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 8902311)
....:d

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8902312)

Both great ideas! :lol::lol:

1976gmc20 04-01-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8902312)

John Steinbeck had a plastic bucket with lid hanging on a bungee cord in the closet in his pickup camper for doing laundry on the road in Travels With Charley. I still remember that :)

72 tigger 04-03-2021 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Ol Blue K20 04-03-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 8903046)

Oops! :lol::lol::lol:

1976gmc20 04-03-2021 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2 characters

1976gmc20 04-03-2021 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
~!