The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   intro + 66 black bagged long fleet (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=449548)

jimmydean 09-20-2013 07:11 PM

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

Damn, that's sexy. Nice work all the way around.

dbomb53 09-20-2013 07:19 PM

Very nice Coulter!. I agree with other members..one of my favorite builds. Glad to see it on the road. Nice pictures too.:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Sick5 09-20-2013 07:23 PM

Dude I've been following since the start. I'm happy to see you on the road. Great work! One of the best home builds I've read.. Keep it up!
Posted via Mobile Device

likaroc13 09-20-2013 08:02 PM

Love the new pics! Great to see it out of the shop & rolling the streets.

gimmy 64 09-20-2013 09:02 PM

one of the first threads I read on this sight was Allens build. it took me about 3 days to catch up. but your build I started reading from the start. you have not only put everything on here that you did but all of the wrong or things you did not like and had to redo.and this has really helped me and probably a lot of us to think things out. love this build and when you get all of the bugs worked out it will be nothing but FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

coulter 09-20-2013 09:26 PM

thanx for all the cool comments guys!!! it really helps keep the motivation going, knowing that all you guys are watching for updates!!

i got a few things done today.. finally got around to installing my weatherstriping around my passenger side door and also the door sill plate. worked on my headlights a lil bit.. i thought i had a bad ground because the lights were flickering. so i grounded them to a better spot and thought i had it fixed but no that wasnt the problem either.. i think the switch is getting too hot or somthing cause they work great for about a minute then they start flickering until they finally quit working. im gonna bypass the switch here in a while and see what that does..

also got a pretty good idea on how my bed floor is gonna go.. gotta go buy another board and widen my wheel tubs (been procrastinating that for a long time)
also my short stainless strips are too short because of the modified wheel tubs.. so it looks like im gonna have to buy another long one and cut it up..
anyway here is somewhat of a preview

o btw im using cedar just in case anyone is wondering

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/9...35fdf661_b.jpg

Bomp 09-21-2013 05:32 AM

Sweet job on the truck. Great pics too.
Been slammin out the ot and can't wait to get back out to the shop.
Lookin at you driving around has me all motivated.
Need to see pics with smokey tires.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delmo 09-21-2013 11:52 AM

Dig it.

chad64chevy 09-21-2013 09:54 PM

coulter, gotta go buy another board and widen my wheel tubs (been procrastinating that for a long time)

ya, I still have those tubs! I've been procrastinating too!! have you found another set?? if not I will diff. take them to clems get together for you!!! its just when I go to tusla you were working that weekend!!

Jeff La 09-22-2013 09:45 AM

Pics came out great

coulter 09-22-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6279038)
Sweet job on the truck. Great pics too.
Been slammin out the ot and can't wait to get back out to the shop.
Lookin at you driving around has me all motivated.
Need to see pics with smokey tires.
Posted via Mobile Device

i know all about that OT!! but the amount of work you do is just straight mind boggling. ever time i look at your thread i feel lazy :waah::waah:
cant wait to see more

And ya thats a good idea on a burnout pic :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delmo (Post 6279326)
Dig it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff La (Post 6280398)
Pics came out great

thanx guys!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 6280021)
coulter, gotta go buy another board and widen my wheel tubs (been procrastinating that for a long time)

ya, I still have those tubs! I've been procrastinating too!! have you found another set?? if not I will diff. take them to clems get together for you!!! its just when I go to tusla you were working that weekend!!

Its all good man. ive just been focused on getting the truck running and driving so i havent really been worried about getting them. If you are gonna be around anytime next weekend i will come down and pick them up.. i would like to have the bed floor all done before clems get together :metal::metal:

whitels1 09-22-2013 02:43 PM

Great work man, the truck looks amazing!

chad64chevy 09-23-2013 06:18 AM

i'll be free this next weekend, looks like its going to rain anyways! I can meet you somewhere like Sallisaw or something!! i'll pm you Thursday after work and give you my cell number I might have a three day weekend!!

Jmorales3181 09-23-2013 12:58 PM

:metal::metal: nailed it man! Well worth the wait, awesome to see my favorite build come to life! Def have the eye for detail...with the photos too! Thanks for the inspiration man!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

2mas 09-23-2013 01:40 PM

Hi, Very nice truck.
Especially the weld work on frame! where did you buy the C-notch?
Or did you fabricate it yourself?
/Thomas (Sweden)
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 09-23-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitels1 (Post 6280676)
Great work man, the truck looks amazing!

thanx :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 6281648)
i'll be free this next weekend, looks like its going to rain anyways! I can meet you somewhere like Sallisaw or something!! i'll pm you Thursday after work and give you my cell number I might have a three day weekend!!

ok cool sounds good man!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6282026)
:metal::metal: nailed it man! Well worth the wait, awesome to see my favorite build come to life! Def have the eye for detail...with the photos too! Thanks for the inspiration man!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

thnax for watching it come to life man!! im ready to see some more updates on your ride :metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2mas (Post 6282067)
Hi, Very nice truck.
Especially the weld work on frame! where did you buy the C-notch?
Or did you fabricate it yourself?
/Thomas (Sweden)
Posted via Mobile Device

thanx man!! i fabbed the notches and bag brackets and all that my self

coulter 09-28-2013 01:56 AM

got some more done today!! ive been having an oil leak that is getting on my balancer and slinging oil everywhere. i thought it was the oil pan gasket so i swapped it out today.. just in case you guys were wondering if it can be done without pulling the engine, It can be done!! It was a pain but alot easier than pulling everything out. all i had to do was disconnect the exhaust hangers, some wires , motor mounts, and take the dizzy cap loose.. then lift it as high as it would go. the pan barely had room to come out but it worked..

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5508/9...72f157a8_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7365/9...cfe445ef_b.jpg

btw the oil pan was not the main leak.. i ended up using a felpro 1 piece oil pan gasket.. i liked it alot better than the 4 piece stock gasket. I guess im gonna do the front main seal and timing cover tomorrow.

i wasnt happy with my cheesy vbelt pulleys and belt so i decided to get something better
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5341/9...00785024_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3774/9...4f4d1889_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/9...6f27688f_b.jpg

also got some cool little cree leds to light up my engine bay.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7449/9...16b57f6e_b.jpg
this is just 2 lights. im gonna add one more in the hood

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7383/9...da477958_b.jpg

Bomp 09-28-2013 02:55 AM

Totally trick engine bay lighting.

chad64chevy 09-28-2013 07:56 AM

dude that's bad a$$, you got the gilmer belt drive with the vbelt groove in it! you can run power steering or ac off it too, I got the same one for my sbc! those lights are really cool

Ta2Don 09-28-2013 08:46 AM

Top Notch... and the LED lighting is Spot-on
Posted via Mobile Device

Spragg 09-28-2013 10:45 AM

This build is great. Love the Big block.

mr andrerson 09-29-2013 02:02 AM

Awsome....awesome.... Awesome work! Great eye for details and super workmanship throughout! As I'm thinking of a similar suspension configuration (especially having seen your well documented progress)... I'm wondering how the ride is? You didn't go with power steering or Brakes...how do they feel with the bb up front? Dig it!
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 09-29-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6289745)
Totally trick engine bay lighting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 6289824)
dude that's bad a$$, you got the gilmer belt drive with the vbelt groove in it! you can run power steering or ac off it too, I got the same one for my sbc! those lights are really cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6289856)
Top Notch... and the LED lighting is Spot-on
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spragg (Post 6289984)
This build is great. Love the Big block.

thanx guys :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr andrerson (Post 6290963)
Awsome....awesome.... Awesome work! Great eye for details and super workmanship throughout! As I'm thinking of a similar suspension configuration (especially having seen your well documented progress)... I'm wondering how the ride is? You didn't go with power steering or Brakes...how do they feel with the bb up front? Dig it!
Posted via Mobile Device

thanx man!! The ride is amazing. it feels like an old Cadillac. I didnt go with power steering or brakes because i wanted the engine bay to have as little as possible in it. The brakes work pretty good. Of course more leg effort than power brakes but not to bad

Btw i changed my front timing cover gasket and front main seal and so far it looks like all my leaks are fixed now. Im going to get up and work on the bed floor some more before i go to work tomorrow.
A big thanx to chad64chevy for hooking me up with a set of rear wheel tubs today so i can finish widening mine :metal::metal::metal::metal:

i only have a few weeks left to get the truck ready for the bbq at clemdaddys house but looks like i will make it no problem.

chad64chevy 09-30-2013 08:23 PM

hey coulter no prob. man, was good meeting you! sucks it wanted to start to rain! where did you get the led lights at?

coulter 10-01-2013 07:56 AM

ya man it was good to meet you too!! i found the leds on ebay by searching for reverse lights

Jeff La 10-01-2013 09:46 AM

Amazing what some of you come up with, truck is coming out great

clemdaddy 10-07-2013 03:12 PM

hey coulter, thanks for letting me piggyback your thread with an invite.
this invite is for any out there, close enough

clemdaddy 10-07-2013 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry about that. didn't finish the message. breaking in a new computer and hit the wrong button... so any interested in a drive to the ozarks to meet-up with some forum members, come on.

coulter 10-07-2013 03:23 PM

no problem man!! im pretty pumped about it.. I am almost ready!!

got the bed floor most of the way done this weekend.. didnt really take any progress pics but you get the idea..

nothing is bolted in place yet.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2884/1...c1d9f638_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7369/1...6f57e5b0_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5342/1...22d30607_b.jpg

got my wheeltubs widened and fitted pretty good.. still lots of work to do on these!
thanx again chad for hooking me up with another set
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3783/1...eca0118a_b.jpg

and here is the reason why nothing is bolted down yet.. i spent a long time trying to figure out how i wanted to make some hinges to make the bed floor open up like the hood.. i still gotta make another one
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7389/1...644217b2_b.jpg

lowlife4life 10-07-2013 03:53 PM

Coolest hinge man. Bedwood is looking great. Been watching a patiently and it's all coming together glad to see

Ta2Don 10-07-2013 04:25 PM

:metal::metal::metal:

Bedwood and Tubs looking Sweet!!!

Hinges... Over the top!!!:metal::metal::metal:

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Awesome truck at Clem's!;)

chad64chevy 10-07-2013 05:28 PM

thanx again chad for hooking me up with another set!!

no prob. man, glad you got some use out of them! they came out looking good! LOVE the wood floor, if I would've stayed with a wood floor it would've looked just like that! not to much, just PERFECT!! look forward to seeing the truck in person at clems

Dinos63 10-07-2013 05:31 PM

very cool!! always way cool

McMurphy 10-07-2013 06:53 PM

Dude !!
I want 4 of those hinges!!
Just tell me where to throw my money ..... LOL :metal:

Seriously though, if you made up plans for those, could I get a copy of them?
For the past 18 months I have been struggling with the hinge problem for my bed concept, and the double action never occured to me, I kept fixating on the Porterbuilt style.
Something like this will work 100% better for my intended application.

If not on the plans, dont worry....I already stole the photo :devil:

likaroc13 10-07-2013 07:52 PM

Bed wood looks great! The stain color compliments the truck nicely. Nice job on the hinge too!

coulter 10-07-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowlife4life (Post 6303882)
Coolest hinge man. Bedwood is looking great. Been watching a patiently and it's all coming together glad to see

thanks for watching :metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6303933)
:metal::metal::metal:

Bedwood and Tubs looking Sweet!!!

Hinges... Over the top!!!:metal::metal::metal:

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Awesome truck at Clem's!;)

thanx!! same here man it should be a good time!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 6304020)
thanx again chad for hooking me up with another set!!

no prob. man, glad you got some use out of them! they came out looking good! LOVE the wood floor, if I would've stayed with a wood floor it would've looked just like that! not to much, just PERFECT!! look forward to seeing the truck in person at clems

thanx i wish you were able to take your truck too, but you will be on the road soon enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 6304026)
very cool!! always way cool

thanx man

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6304162)
Dude !!
I want 4 of those hinges!!
Just tell me where to throw my money ..... LOL :metal:

Seriously though, if you made up plans for those, could I get a copy of them?
For the past 18 months I have been struggling with the hinge problem for my bed concept, and the double action never occured to me, I kept fixating on the Porterbuilt style.
Something like this will work 100% better for my intended application.

If not on the plans, dont worry....I already stole the photo :devil:

ya man i will get some more detailed pics and put the measurements on the photos.. i need to make another one and test them out first but it looks like its gonna bring the wood forward as it goes up like i wanted it to

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6304289)
Bed wood looks great! The stain color compliments the truck nicely. Nice job on the hinge too!

thanx man!! ive had that black cherry stain pictured in my head for a long time thinking it would match pretty good. Im really happy with it

pimpston65 10-07-2013 08:07 PM

great way to reuse a tool, hope they arent the cheap ones you get a xmas from a secret santa pool, hehe awesome idea

coulter 10-07-2013 08:36 PM

If u are talkin about the hinge those arent wrenches. It does look like it though. Its kinda hard to tell from the pic

Modges'66 10-07-2013 09:00 PM

Dude!
I am totally impressed by the bed wood!!
That Shhtuff is off-da-hook!
Looks like you dipped it in clear!

pimpston65 10-07-2013 10:26 PM

holy double take batman, ur right i really thought they were wrenches still cool design and use of steel pieces