The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

mjh1965 09-08-2017 03:01 AM

Re: tuba trucks

That's the trouble with repo panels , but a good panel guy can make them fit with time and patients . The picture of the truck says it all

flashed 09-08-2017 06:46 AM

Maude is looking good .

Grizz1963 09-08-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 8034771)
OK here comes an update on Maude…
She got the front clip retro fitted. First time that I ever used repro fenders and inner fenders and core support. You would think that at least their parts would fit together but NO, nothing fit without tons of grinding, drilling and welding… but such is the exercise.
Maude is, in fact, an economy build. Everything is scrutinized for cost and necessity and quite frankly some of the decisions made were not what I personally would have done but I am just the builder of someone else's dream. So here's Maude, close to starting up...

In a word....

Amazing Clem.

Your builds really do speak for the quality of Tuba Trucks' work.

I am so gutted that I could not make it to you this year, and a broken down car and dealership that has not touched it since it got there on Wednesday late, does not help either.

Bomp 09-08-2017 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I remember seeing the alignment issues, I may be the 'Doc' but you Sir are a Wizard. A Kick A$$ Wizard at that. Lets not forget the Killer interior too.

clemdaddy 09-08-2017 01:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 8034826)
That's the trouble with repo panels , but a good panel guy can make them fit with time and patients . The picture of the truck says it all

Thanks a bunch Martin… Bout time for you to make another trip over here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8034848)
Maude is looking good .

Thanks, progress is slow but steady. We have 5 active projects and juggling a little time for each is the hard part, seems nothing ever gets finished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 8034874)
In a word....

Amazing Clem.

Your builds really do speak for the quality of Tuba Trucks' work.

I am so gutted that I could not make it to you this year, and a broken down car and dealership that has not touched it since it got there on Wednesday late, does not help either.

No worries mate, we will have other years. I'm very jealous of Murphs travels though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 8035041)
I remember seeing the alignment issues, I may be the 'Doc' but you Sir are a Wizard. A Kick A$$ Wizard at that. Lets not forget the Killer interior too.

Thanks brother, I appreciate it. By the way… it looks like the toy-drive truck party will indeed happen. Shooting for the 14th of October. Kim said I couldn't not do it because of the kids… don't we hate it when they're right.

OK… here's the sweet heirloom 64. Completely blown apart. The cab has minimal rust and we should drop kick that next week. The chassis has been taken to a commercial powder-coater for blasting and gloss black color, first time to do it this way but if it saves a bunch of time and doesn't cost too much, well good then. All the other parts were stashed out back awaiting their turn.

We got a new friend. A baby black and white is living in the bamboo. He's wild but starting to trust us. It took a week before we even saw him but his cries let us know he needed us. Now he comes up to get pets as well as the milk. Cool little kitten, Kim named him Barney.

Bomp 09-12-2017 12:56 PM

It'll be nice getting back the frame & components back ready to bolt on. Only issues I've seen is threading/fitment.
In time will Barney be joining the others at the house?

Grizz1963 09-12-2017 01:23 PM

Barney (insert middle mae here) Johnson ?

Pretty guy.

Just got home today and my two are around me nonstop.

They were fed while I was gone, but not loved.

Cars do need that too.

dwcardfan 09-12-2017 01:31 PM

Glad to see you checking in. Maude is looking good

clemdaddy 09-17-2017 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,
Yep… it's about that time of year again. Tuba Truck's Toy Drive and Cruise-In. This year the party will be on Saturday, October 14th, mostly all day but the music will be in the evening. Join us if you can and give me a buzz or pm if you need sleeping arraignments. See the flyer for more details…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 8038018)
It'll be nice getting back the frame & components back ready to bolt on. Only issues I've seen is threading/fitment.
In time will Barney be joining the others at the house?

Just got the frame back and they thought to mask all the threaded parts… it looks great, I won't blast and paint one again. Barney is probably going to live at the station, until further notice anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 8038041)
Barney (insert middle mae here) Johnson ?

Pretty guy.
Just got home today and my two are around me nonstop.
They were fed while I was gone, but not loved.
Cars do need that too.

Barney is fun but he's definitely a fighter not the lover type. I come away usually bleeding from his encounters… ha

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 8038044)
Glad to see you checking in. Maude is looking good

Thanks Donnie, Looking forward to seeing you in October...

clemdaddy 09-19-2017 07:14 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This last Saturday, a buddy and I went to Waxahatchie TX to the biggest truck show ever. "C10's in the Park" the last count I heard was 660 Chevy and GMC trucks but they were still coming in. Didn't get a pic of her but Boasted Bertha was there and drawing quite a crowd. This was by far the most variety of building styles I have experienced in one place. If you can, you've got to go to this one next year… see ya there.

clemdaddy 09-19-2017 07:18 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Some more…

clemdaddy 09-19-2017 07:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
And finally some for Rian… I know how much he likes door art.

Bomp 09-19-2017 12:44 PM

Looks like great times.

rusty76 09-19-2017 05:42 PM

Cool trucks

Grizz1963 09-19-2017 06:10 PM

Thanks Clem.

Dang, I live in the wrong country.

Like the Esso, as it was a brand I grew up with.

Low Elco 09-20-2017 07:58 AM

Beautiful work, Clem! Been a minute since I've been through here. Glad to see things are going well.

clemdaddy 10-03-2017 06:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 8043238)
Looks like great times.

was indeed... worth the long drive for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty76 (Post 8043446)
Cool trucks

the last count I heard was over 700 cool trucks and all Chevy or GMC, Wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 8043459)
Thanks Clem.
Dang, I live in the wrong country.
Like the Esso, as it was a brand I grew up with.

wish you were here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8043887)
Beautiful work, Clem! Been a minute since I've been through here. Glad to see things are going well.

Thanks, Oct 14th? more than welcome to join us.

This is Otto. the newest member of Tuba's Team. He is just 8 weeks old and already starting to take over...

mjh1965 10-03-2017 07:01 AM

Even more reason to come to your party Clem . We all know everybody loves a puppy . Wish I could make it this year .

Ta2Don 10-03-2017 02:10 PM

Very Cool Show and Otto looks like he needs to take over...Great looking Pup

Grizz1963 10-03-2017 02:31 PM

Otto gets the vote.

clemdaddy 10-10-2017 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks fellas...
Here we go again, the cruise-in/toy drive is this Saturday. Hope all our local friends as well as any willing to make the drive can join us for our 7th annual party.

scdude37 10-17-2017 08:08 PM

Well this is an awesome page to follow. Glad to see someone remotely close to memphis tn where I'm located! Love all the work your shop does! Hope the turn out for the Toy drive went well.

jimmythompson1964 12-02-2017 11:32 PM

I will be driving by your shop tomorrow, if I see you I will stop. You will most likely not be there on Sunday though.

Grizz1963 12-03-2017 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmythompson1964 (Post 8095420)
I will be driving by your shop tomorrow, if I see you I will stop. You will most likely not be there on Sunday though.

Ohhhh.... he may well be there.;)

Always great to stop by at Clems place.

jimmythompson1964 12-03-2017 05:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 8095520)
Ohhhh.... he may well be there.;)

Always great to stop by at Clems place.

You were right he was there getting it done... I got to see some of his work first hand