The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   intro + 66 black bagged long fleet (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=449548)

dbomb53 01-07-2013 11:04 PM

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

That's some killer bling under the hood!:metal::metal: You tube video next?

dbomb53 01-07-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 5800036)

J, that tow truck is killer, whats the plan? Sorry Coulter, I had to ask...lol:chevy:

Jmorales3181 01-09-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 5800064)
that would be nasty if it was bagged :metal::metal::metal::metal:

Yes it would....Dino's dually style would look insane!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jmorales3181 01-09-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbomb53 (Post 5803102)
J, that tow truck is killer, whats the plan? Sorry Coulter, I had to ask...lol:chevy:

Dbomb ...sorry for false advertising lol.... Not my truck I see this truck parked all the time I stopped and took some pictures to share with you guys. A have a couple more on my page if u wanna check them out. Didn't want to blow ip counters page...sorry dude I work for a body shop that also tows wish I could talk my bosses into buying that thing bagging it and park it out front so I can look at it everyday lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 01-09-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5802743)
just finished your build, awesome is the only word that comes to mind, engine is beautiful, you definitly got some skills, inner fenders made me think of the old superbirds.. keep up the great work.

thanx for checkin it out :metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbomb53 (Post 5803098)
That's some killer bling under the hood!:metal::metal: You tube video next?

thanx man!!! ya once i get it running i plan on doing a video!!

Dinos63 01-09-2013 09:37 PM

whoa! i haven't been checking in enough, kat that might be the nicest job on inner fender wells i seen nice work :metal:

coulter 01-09-2013 11:59 PM

Thanx man!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

markeb01 01-10-2013 01:29 AM

Those engine photos and inner fenders look like artwork! Nice.

coulter 01-10-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markeb01 (Post 5807877)
Those engine photos and inner fenders look like artwork! Nice.

thanx!!! i know how ur attention to detail is so if you like it then i must be doing something right :metal::metal::metal:

McMurphy 01-13-2013 12:37 PM

That trim you added to the fender cut outs,,,,,how did you do that?
Did you use steel brake line, or solid metal rod?
And I assume all the welds are on the underside?

Man that really turned out smooth, an exceptional accent!
I have not been able to stop thinking about it, because it looks so cool for such a small tweak.

coulter 01-13-2013 06:20 PM

thanx man i think i used 3/16 solid steel rod and just tacked it on from the underneath side.. it was really easy to do.. alot easier than fixing my jagged cut :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

coulter 01-13-2013 06:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
btw i got a small update.. i decided one tank wasnt enough so i added another..
next step is to make a panel to remote mount the tank gauge and my new distribution block/fuse holder (the crappy plastic one snaped the threads off)

also prolly gonna move the quick connect fitting to one of the 1/2 ports on the tank.. now that i rethink that it will be easier to get to.. im gonna make add a ballvalve to a male quick connect fitting so i can fill the tanks using the big compressor in my shop if i want to save my lil compressors some work

anyway on with the pics

Jmorales3181 01-13-2013 06:55 PM

Looks nice Coulter! I like the final lip on the inner fenders as well looks super clean. I'm looking forward to the startup video too!!
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 01-13-2013 06:57 PM

hopefully soon man!!! im gonna start putting the wiring in the cab in the next few weeks so im not too far away

btw i mounted that tank higher up because one day i would like to add a hitch to it so i wanted some room to be able to do that

Jmorales3181 01-13-2013 07:03 PM

Good idea. I have a hitch I took off, its really clean. Im not gonna use it You can have it if you'd like
Posted via Mobile Device

creep 01-14-2013 10:54 AM

A quick connect on your air system is pretty handy. I have a tire with a slow leak and I use mine all the time. I keep a 50' coiled air hose and a set of fittings and tire chucks in my ammo box in the bed and I use them more than I thought I would.

McMurphy 01-14-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 5815324)
thanx man i think i used 3/16 solid steel rod and just tacked it on from the underneath side.. it was really easy to do.. alot easier than fixing my jagged cut

Groovy!
I am going to pick some up today.
I think it will add a little somethin-somethin to my underdash console.

flips72 01-14-2013 04:17 PM

nice work, whats your plans for the bed floor?

coulter 01-15-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creep (Post 5816873)
A quick connect on your air system is pretty handy. I have a tire with a slow leak and I use mine all the time. I keep a 50' coiled air hose and a set of fittings and tire chucks in my ammo box in the bed and I use them more than I thought I would.

ya it seemed like it would be super handy!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 5815442)
Good idea. I have a hitch I took off, its really clean. Im not gonna use it You can have it if you'd like
Posted via Mobile Device

does it hang below the bumper? i wanna make a hidden one that will be behind the tag

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5817271)
Groovy!
I am going to pick some up today.
I think it will add a little somethin-somethin to my underdash console.

nice man cant wait to see it :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5817502)
nice work, whats your plans for the bed floor?

it will be a dark stain with high gloss and polished stainless strips.. not sure what kind of wood im gonna use yet.. also gonna make the bed floor to where it will fold up in between the wheel tubs so i can work on it easily and show it off when i want :metal::metal::metal:

Jmorales3181 01-15-2013 09:50 PM

It does but.... I think from what I have seen here on your thread ...you can def use it to make it into what you need. Good idea on the middle section of the bed I am def going to do something of the sort.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mad Rods 01-15-2013 10:41 PM

Looks good! I dig the new tats!

Bomp 01-15-2013 11:47 PM

Can't wait for the start up vid.
What size are those tanks? I see something new everytime I look at your thread.
Keep it up.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/co...smiley-010.gif

coulter 01-16-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 5820686)
It does but.... I think from what I have seen here on your thread ...you can def use it to make it into what you need. Good idea on the middle section of the bed I am def going to do something of the sort.
Posted via Mobile Device

do u have any pics of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Rods (Post 5820835)
Looks good! I dig the new tats!

thanx man!! i just got some more work done on the lower part of that arm!! its more gear head stuff so ill post some pics of that in about another week when it gets healed up :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5820994)
Can't wait for the start up vid.
What size are those tanks? I see something new everytime I look at your thread.
Keep it up.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/co...smiley-010.gif

hopefully pretty soon on the vid man!!! the tanks are 5.5 gallons a piece.. with one tank it wouldnt lift the truck all the way up without waiting on the compressors to fill the tank back up
thanx for checkin out my thread!! im gonna try to keep updating about every week till its done :metal::metal::metal::metal: ill be rolling by spring time for sure

coulter 01-18-2013 12:29 AM

well got a lil bit done today!! i made a stainless panel to mount my tank pressure gauge, distribution block, and switch for under the bed floor lighting (gonna put led strips under the wood surrounding the opening where the bed floor with fold up so i can show it off at night!!!!!!! plus will be handy if i have a problem
still gotta make a mount.. gonna do that later this weekend hopefully
also did some cleaning/ organizing on my work bench today

coulter 01-18-2013 12:31 AM

5 Attachment(s)
whoops here are the pics