The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

Atommik 03-16-2012 07:18 AM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Loaded the cab on a trailer, to bring to my work (body shop), will be spending a long day tomorrow welding in rust repair panels, sand blasting and fixing dents!!

ChuckDriver 03-16-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevette (Post 5254931)
Great job! I really like those tubs. What are they from? Lookin' Good.

Thanks Chevette! They are from 67-72 Chevy Suburbans. See my build thread for the full install!

_Ogre 03-16-2012 11:08 AM

drove it again

oldcouple 03-16-2012 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Front trim going on, found out I ordered the wrong year rear window, can't find paper work, so ordered another one, now I have a tinted rear window for a 47-55 standard cab to take to swap meet.

lowdownstar 03-16-2012 07:38 PM

Who did you get your front bumper from old couple? good looking truck

Ray

oldcouple 03-16-2012 09:03 PM

Thanks Ray, taken me almost twenty years, I hardly recognize it. Bumper is off ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-1956-19...item5d2efecb62

lowdownstar 03-16-2012 09:45 PM

thanks for the info. Do you have more pic's of the truck? I would love to see them

Ray

rollinrooster 03-17-2012 09:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
started cleaning up my tranny. :smoke:

OrrieG 03-17-2012 07:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Cleaned up the shop, did some measuring and head scratching for the gas filler. Played with the spare Caddy tilt/tele column and figured out by trial that the stock 59 wheel fits and telescope is easy to defeat, back diameter is even correct. Only problem is that it is dished too much. Did research and 48-56 auto or truck looks like they will work so the search is on.

Atommik 03-18-2012 08:48 AM

Spent 12 hours working on the 51 today. Inner and outer left and right cab corners installed, right front corner installed, sand blasted most of cab (ran out of sand) smoothed a few more firewall holes....I'm beat!!

youngrodder 03-18-2012 09:29 PM

Nothing too exciting just very messy. I flushed (and re-flushed) my engine and radiator to get rid of rush and old coolant sludge. Should be good to go now.

Marc

B_Hix 03-19-2012 07:45 AM

I spent the day fixing paint damage on my frame - a buncha brake fluid got out from a corner of the master cylinder cap on a brake test last week - didn't realize one corner wasn't clipped on.

Cleaned, sanded, re-primed and sprayed. >.<

Russell Ashley 03-19-2012 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sprayed some black primer on the patch panels, ordered hood hinge springs, and sun visors. I'm changing direction, not going to paint it or put any body filler on it for a while. When the primer dries I'm going to install the grill, lights, and bumper so I can complete the front end wiring. After that, a new bed floor and I'll be driving.

Kodiaks53 03-19-2012 05:31 PM

This morning I got my S-10 chassis back in the shop and installed the AD Engineering cab mounts on the frame. And now if I can get the old S10 motor mounts off I'll install the new 350 V8 mounts in their place. Then get ready to set the cab in place and adjust the motor/tranny location.

Speedbumpauto 03-19-2012 05:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got the cab back on the completed frame....hopefully for the final time.

oldcouple 03-20-2012 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bolted on the shinny latch plate my son picked up for me off of CL, not great chrome, but it is cleaner than the original.

Johnny49 03-20-2012 02:22 PM

Took the cover off, turned the key and she fired right up! Two minute video to mark the occasion here.

Now all we need is the brake drums, all the bearings for the front (and the cha-ching to pay for the stuff), and we'll be able to put everything together and take 'er down the road. Happy first day of Spring!

lowdownstar 03-20-2012 03:36 PM

Hey speedbumpauto Sweet looking ride my friend! love the color combo and all the motor and tire. wow very nice

Ray

GMtrucknut!! 03-20-2012 08:35 PM

Cleaned the frame on my 55 Chevy 2nd series and I am getting ready to istall my new master cylinder!!

B_Hix 03-20-2012 09:40 PM

Took my front wheels off yesterday, work the aluminum rims over with a powerball.

Today I cleaned up and sprayed my calipers and rotors and then mounted up, connected and filled my new radiator - gotta install the trans cooler tomorrow, time permitting.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/.../49/Brakes.jpg

Mrcustom 03-21-2012 08:03 AM

Replacing my window felts and rubbers. One side done vent and window. Drivers side vent done window not so lucky cracked window putting it into frame. Mr Murphy's law always does me in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speedbumpauto 03-21-2012 11:45 AM

Thanks, Ray. You know how it is with hot rods....they can never have too big of engine, too much tire or too many carburetors! Believe it or not, those are factory 55 colors, with a little enhancement.;)

Dan in Pasadena 03-21-2012 12:26 PM

Renewed my enthusiasm!
I ran into a random fellow owner with a '58 GMC long stepper in the parking lot of a drug store. It caught my eye cause the chrome was flawless and the black paint looked pretty damn good from 20'.
Spent about 20 minutes talking trucks after telling him I admired his and that I have a '55 Chevy getting no love right now as I am reworking my garage. lots of fun memories, stories of riding in our father's '55-59 Chev/GMC's. I'm amped to get back to my baby! And that's always a good thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

oldcouple 03-21-2012 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 5261639)
Sprayed some black primer on the patch panels, ordered hood hinge springs, and sun visors. I'm changing direction, not going to paint it or put any body filler on it for a while. When the primer dries I'm going to install the grill, lights, and bumper so I can complete the front end wiring. After that, a new bed floor and I'll be driving.

Russel, How did you get my battery?

B_Hix 03-21-2012 07:29 PM

Got my trans cooler lines ran, hooked everything up and got the truck up to temperature to check for leaks - 100% green :metal:

Now I just gotta get all the front skins painted and shes back on the road