The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, take 2 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=644706)

mdpaulson1 04-17-2016 03:39 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, take 2

1 Attachment(s)
Busy week for the truck, replaced missing radiator support brackets and installed new rubber washers on radiator support and inner fenders. took out the seat and installed heat and sound shield to floor. Hoping to install carpet this week and put seat back

nvrdone 04-17-2016 03:40 PM

ive had an oil pan that has a crack around the drain plug so it constantly "marks its territory " on my garage floor. found a good replacement at a swap meet for $10.00 so todays project is to get it installed. so far its going well.

mphudak 04-17-2016 06:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Still working on the motor swap. 1 step forward and 3 back. I was able to get 99% of everything button up'd yesterday. Unfortunately I bought a 3 bolt manual steering box and needed a 4 bolt (bolts for the sector shaft. splines are different between the 2). Other issue was no parts houses in atlanta had the correct fan belt, not even summit (3/8" x 51 or 52"). My cal-custom valve covers will be back from the polisher in the next couple of days, they are on their way back via UPS. Fingers crossed all will be done by Wednesday/Thursday (all depends how quick the manual steering box is delivered).

I can't figure out how to upload the last pic up load right side up. it's correct from the computer but goes sideways on the upload. (Pics are backwards from newest to oldest.

la hi 04-17-2016 08:52 PM

I am getting there. Cleaning off the back end of the 57 swb for a new look coming up.

la hi 04-17-2016 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picts this time.

slck57 04-18-2016 02:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Putting frame back together while waiting on rest to get painted.

ChuckDriver 04-18-2016 02:59 PM

That frame looks amazing!!

58CameoAZ 04-18-2016 05:50 PM

The Frame does look Very Nice!
Allen

pvienneau 04-19-2016 06:59 AM

Yeah it looks damn good. Nice shop too.

rrenner 05-01-2016 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1528405 Picked up my seat today, set it in place to check fit..

mdpaulson1 05-01-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrenner (Post 7579004)

love the seat! is that from Ricks? or where

1952 05-01-2016 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got first coat of clear on box wood

CATMdude45 05-01-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrenner (Post 7579004)

I really like the color combination, i am looking at a burgundy and black color combo on my 52.

Fults1971 05-05-2016 09:45 PM

Pulled out the front axle so i can ship it out to Sid @ droppedaxlecom for a core.

mphudak 05-06-2016 10:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished up polishing and painting my valve covers and installed them this evening (original 60's Cal-Customs). I spent way to much time sanding/polishing one of them just to decide it was a bit to much bling under the hood and should of just paint the fins to begin with. Disregard the air cleaner stud that's too long, it was trimmed to fit just after taking the picture.

1952 05-06-2016 11:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
finished installing wood in box

crossfire84 05-07-2016 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mphudak (Post 7584956)
Finished up polishing and painting my valve covers and installed them this evening (original 60's Cal-Customs). I spent way to much time sanding/polishing one of them just to decide it was a bit to much bling under the hood and should of just paint the fins to begin with. Disregard the air cleaner stud that's too long, it was trimmed to fit just after taking the picture.

good call on the valve covers.

retired1 05-07-2016 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sold it.

nail pounder 05-18-2016 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed my visor, I dig it.

OrrieG 05-28-2016 10:55 PM

Started it and painted misc interior stuff. Also some finish body work and blocking.

dug224 05-29-2016 06:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hung the front bumper!

nvrdone 05-30-2016 09:23 AM

installed my original trans cross member. when I installed the power brake booster, the cross member didn't fit, so I used a universal tube type one. never liked the look of the fit. then I saw 1lowdakota's set up. he sent me pictures ( thanks much ) and I finished the install yesterday. fits great. now on to doing the exhaust system

DransportGarage 05-30-2016 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished up the details of my homemade fiberglass headliner panels.

Attachment 1538244

Fabrication process is in my build thread starting on page 8, post #181

la hi 06-02-2016 05:30 PM

Installed magnetic trailer lights on the rear as temporary lighting until I put the bed back on. Now I can drive it with the new rear end and suspension.

Now I transferred a photo from my phone to this computer so I could post or attach it. I just can not get it done, help me.

MiraclePieCo 06-03-2016 06:08 AM

Got my 3-point seat belts installed!

mygirlz55 06-04-2016 06:35 PM

I had a little free time to start putting the girl together....

Grrrr... For some reason, my pics are posting upside down.

tsmith8 06-05-2016 09:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just installed my new Bullet '59 Caddy taillights with a new cab back wiring harness.

OrrieG 06-05-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsmith8 (Post 7615461)
Just installed my new Bullet '59 Caddy taillights with a new cab back wiring harness.

You are going to poke out some poor dogs eye! But does look cool...

OrrieG 06-06-2016 05:46 PM

With any luck, I just put the last smudge of plastic skim on the truck and have reached the point of diminishing returns on the body work. Sand out the silver dollar spot to night and in a couple of days when temps get lower will shoot two more coats sanding primer and block it for the final time. In between undercoating the bed fenders on the road exposed sides. next get to take 40 years of paint and rust off the wheel, oh joy...

iowaboynca 06-12-2016 09:51 PM

Went to the American Graffit festival show in Modesto. Sat., me and my youngest daughter. Sun., w/ my 15yr old nephew. He's getting ready to start working on his dad's 70 Dart but for some reason we kept looking at GM A bodies...:lol:

Good show over all. Sorry no pics. phone died. But by in large, a good wknd to spend w/family.

Daze57 06-12-2016 10:03 PM

nuttin ...........been at work all day ..........as usuall

Russell Ashley 06-13-2016 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got my Pertronix distributor and coil installed. I'm still recovering from cancer that has weakened my back so got my son to come over and do it while I watched. We took a short cut and just numbered the wires clockwise starting at number one to make it more easy than trying to trace the wires out since they go down and under the exhaust manifolds. It started right up and I only had to tweak the timing slightly when we got it done.

OrrieG 06-14-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 7624098)
Finally got my Pertronix distributor and coil installed. I'm still recovering from cancer that has weakened my back so got my son to come over and do it while I watched. We took a short cut and just numbered the wires clockwise starting at number one to make it more easy than trying to trace the wires out since they go down and under the exhaust manifolds. It started right up and I only had to tweak the timing slightly when we got it done.

Love it when a plan works out. Good luck on your recovery, I missed you had the cancer.

MiraclePieCo 06-15-2016 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 7624098)

Love those Pertronix modules! Simple to install under cap, reliable to run, and HEI spark when paired with a hot coil.

MiraclePieCo 06-15-2016 03:17 AM

Got my steering wheel finished and installed! Photos to come.

This weekend my '50 will take me to a hot rod lunch at the local city park.

MiraclePieCo 06-15-2016 04:17 AM

Oops, 30 minutes expired; too late to edit the above. Here are photos of my new steering wheel. It came with a 4-inch dish - too deep, too close to my stomach, so I cut the spokes, flattened out the dish, removed the excess metal, re-welded in stainless, and ground smooth. Now I love the way it looks and feels.

http://i.imgur.com/WpUTQ3i.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3JYYTAI.jpg

OrrieG 06-19-2016 09:04 PM

cleaned it up and taped so i can hit it with a couple of coats sanding primer. Decided I have hit the wall on "working on it" and going to put in the glass and start driving it while I do the final blocking. Want to shake it down mechanically before final paint.

mphudak 06-21-2016 07:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Getting closer to my chassis being done and ready to swap in the burb. Finished up the mustang II, fab'd up a crossmember and boxed the chassis foe the new crossmember (chassis was rusted out where the orginal mid crossmember was in the drivers side.) Unfortunately i cant find my pic of the rusted section be for I welded in thw patch but am still looking . Just need to flip the chassis for the finish welding then it's ready to mockup and paint.

b-mac 06-22-2016 12:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Getting ready for the 4 link and the 8.8 rear end.
Coil overs should be here in the morning.
Going to center the axle in the rear fenders a little better.
When I put the bed on for the first time, the stock s10 axle was too far back.

OrrieG 06-22-2016 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this cool sign from Pep Boys. Had to order online, none here, its on ebay for cheaper than PB web site. My truck was originally that color.