The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Slosh Tubz SEMA 2015 Build "BOOSTED BERTHA" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=643425)

67cheby 08-24-2015 03:26 PM

Re: Slosh Tubz SEMA 2015 Build "BOOSTED BERTHA"

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 7286298)
Hey Mike, roof mod looks great. With 78,000 + views more that a few are watching this build. Everyone doing a great job..Jim

LOL, thanks Jim ! I guess a few are watching just not much interaction, probably my fault I just don't have the time to be on here as much lately checking out all the other builds.

idreama300 08-24-2015 08:59 PM

Subscribed. Amazing build!

jlsanborn 08-24-2015 09:50 PM

This place is going to blow up during assembly Mike. And that motor will for sure get a little attention. You're innovating, not following. It's cool as hell.

aggie91 08-25-2015 09:41 AM

Mike

She is looking really good. I like your idea for the hood to help with air flow.
Keep it up!

67cheby 08-25-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idreama300 (Post 7286697)
Subscribed. Amazing build!

Thanks man !
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlsanborn (Post 7286777)
This place is going to blow up during assembly Mike. And that motor will for sure get a little attention. You're innovating, not following. It's cool as hell.

I appreciate that ! I cant wait to see it start coming together !
Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 7287187)
Mike

She is looking really good. I like your idea for the hood to help with air flow.
Keep it up!

I want to make sure she stays cool !

LT1 Burb 08-25-2015 09:59 AM

Unbelievable, that will be a killer truck, love the detail, wheels, motor etc etc etc.

watahyahknow 08-25-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 7287207)
I want to make sure she stays cool !

if it still gets hotter than normal you could have someone punch louvres intoo the hood near the windshield (i know i know you just have the valance smoothed and now you might need to punch more intoo them again)
that should create a bit more flow through the enginebay
maibe you can make a airgap between the valance and the windshield and hide the wipers under it as whell , should do the same thing but isnt as obvious

es67chevy 08-25-2015 10:32 AM

I'm not sure how I missed this build, Mike. You may want to add it to your signature for those looking at your other builds.

I'm back following it now though. Wow!! This thing is going to be awesome!!! It was nice getting to run through all 36 pages in one day. Made the build go really fast. Haha! Now, your challenge is to do at least 2 pages a day....And go!!!!!

knomadd 08-25-2015 12:12 PM

That's a cool mod for the roof. Makes you wonder why GM didn't do that in the first place. The bed is looking good too.

With 36 pages on this thread, and just getting to primer stages, I'd say you have quite a few people commenting. Maybe not quite like cloud9 or square peg, but still a lot more traffic than most threads. Also, with everyone posting more to instagram lately, I'm thinking the forum doesn't get as much traffic as it used to. Definitely not as much posting of pics happening lately.

Delmo 08-25-2015 12:47 PM

BoooooYaaaa!

Kyle@FTP 08-25-2015 01:28 PM

I think I have said it before but I love the wheels! and although its lacking turbos, its still a awesome build! I cant wait to see it in Nov.

watahyahknow 08-25-2015 02:22 PM

wouldve gone for turbo's too
there quieter because the exhaust passes through them before the mufflers and not so hard on engineparts (cranksnout and bearings)
the show and shine part of a compressormotor is awesome though and the screaming broooooap--brop-brop----brop sound of a compressormotor makes the truck get noticed as mush as trying to immitate tarzan swinging trough the trees with his cloth on fire in the middle of a classic pianoconcert for sure
motorheads want to take a peek under the hood of the truck
since youre showing off / trying to sell youre innerfenders that engine is a good choice in youre case

67cheby 08-25-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT1 Burb (Post 7287212)
Unbelievable, that will be a killer truck, love the detail, wheels, motor etc etc etc.

LOL..thanks man !
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7287229)
if it still gets hotter than normal you could have someone punch louvres intoo the hood near the windshield (i know i know you just have the valance smoothed and now you might need to punch more intoo them again)
that should create a bit more flow through the enginebay
maibe you can make a airgap between the valance and the windshield and hide the wipers under it as whell , should do the same thing but isnt as obvious

hmmm...
Quote:

Originally Posted by es67chevy (Post 7287240)
I'm not sure how I missed this build, Mike. You may want to add it to your signature for those looking at your other builds.

I'm back following it now though. Wow!! This thing is going to be awesome!!! It was nice getting to run through all 36 pages in one day. Made the build go really fast. Haha! Now, your challenge is to do at least 2 pages a day....And go!!!!!

LOL, I need to figure out how to add it ! I have technical difficulties !
Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 7287368)
That's a cool mod for the roof. Makes you wonder why GM didn't do that in the first place. The bed is looking good too.

With 36 pages on this thread, and just getting to primer stages, I'd say you have quite a few people commenting. Maybe not quite like cloud9 or square peg, but still a lot more traffic than most threads. Also, with everyone posting more to instagram lately, I'm thinking the forum doesn't get as much traffic as it used to. Definitely not as much posting of pics happening lately.

True, true ! Thanks for following alon !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Delmo (Post 7287413)
BoooooYaaaa!

LOL, Thanks Del !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle@FTP (Post 7287462)
I think I have said it before but I love the wheels! and although its lacking turbos, its still a awesome build! I cant wait to see it in Nov.

Thanks man, I am pretty stoked about the wheels and the Magnuson....shes still got forced air ! LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7287498)
wouldve gone for turbo's too
there quieter because the exhaust passes through them before the mufflers and not so hard on engineparts (cranksnout and bearings)
the show and shine part of a compressormotor is awesome though and the screaming broooooap--brop-brop----brop sound of a compressormotor makes the truck get noticed as mush as trying to immitate tarzan swinging trough the trees with his cloth on fire in the middle of a classic pianoconcert for sure
motorheads want to take a peek under the hood of the truck
since youre showing off / trying to sell youre innerfenders that engine is a good choice in youre case

You know really it ended up being about "looks" for me, I couldn't build the clean uncluttered engine compartments that I like if I added the turbos . I think the Magnuson and MAST motorsports combo followed up by the TCI 4L80e and the Currie 9 inch pushing about 800hp will do everything I want I to do, PLUS A LOT MORE !

Johns66 08-25-2015 07:17 PM

Very nice build, I see you are from Siloam Springs I went to school there.

watahyahknow 08-25-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 7287652)
You know really it ended up being about "looks" for me, I couldn't build the clean uncluttered engine compartments that I like if I added the turbos . I think the Magnuson and MAST motorsports combo followed up by the TCI 4L80e and the Currie 9 inch pushing about 800hp will do everything I want I to do, PLUS A LOT MORE !

i'm trying to get 600 hp from my setup (4.0 inline 6 jaguar 24 valve with a turbo) i might be able to get more but i think thats about the max i could use on the street have an impressive accelleration and keep everything behind the engine from tearing apart without trowing major bucks intoo making it bulletproof (jaguar XJR version of the 4L80E and a "stock" truck version of a ford 9 inch)
i prolly still be changing parts and lowering the boost up to the point where stuff stops breaking

you can make a turbosetup look clean in a truck......i'm going to go that route
you wouldnt see mush of the turbo('s) wish on a show car kindah defeats the purpose
the engine i have will go intoo a 1978 c10 and the turbo will go right behind the cab under the bedfloor or under the cab in the fueltank hump
i will have the charge piping going intoo the intake from below
and have regulair exhaust system showing under the hood , a 3 intoo 2 intoo one and then a 45 degree turn round to regtangle merge intoo the turbo
the wastegate be sitting there too sticking straight out the 45 degree bend going around the turbo intoo the rest of the exhaust

on a v8 you would use a carb style intake with injectors a big 4 hole trottlebody and a big aircleaner you could hide most of the plumbing under there

the only extra stuff you will need with a midmount setup is longer oillines to the turbo and a scavengepump to get the turbo oil back intoo the engine wish can put the oil intoo one of the valvecovers breatherholes

JJ's Sierra Grande 08-26-2015 12:39 AM

we are all still here and watching :hiya: you're doing such a damn fine job I guess we don't figure you need much advice. But with the hours you're putting in on this beast I think we can all agree a little encouragement might be nice now and then :five: so keep on rockin it!
and for those that want even more pics check him out on instagram, he posts a lot over there too. come to think of it. how the heck does he get any work done with all this posting? :lol:

67cheby 08-26-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johns66 (Post 7287714)
Very nice build, I see you are from Siloam Springs I went to school there.

small world, what year did you graduate ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7287779)
i'm trying to get 600 hp from my setup (4.0 inline 6 jaguar 24 valve with a turbo) i might be able to get more but i think thats about the max i could use on the street have an impressive accelleration and keep everything behind the engine from tearing apart without trowing major bucks intoo making it bulletproof (jaguar XJR version of the 4L80E and a "stock" truck version of a ford 9 inch)
i prolly still be changing parts and lowering the boost up to the point where stuff stops breaking

you can make a turbosetup look clean in a truck......i'm going to go that route
you wouldnt see mush of the turbo('s) wish on a show car kindah defeats the purpose
the engine i have will go intoo a 1978 c10 and the turbo will go right behind the cab under the bedfloor or under the cab in the fueltank hump
i will have the charge piping going intoo the intake from below
and have regulair exhaust system showing under the hood , a 3 intoo 2 intoo one and then a 45 degree turn round to regtangle merge intoo the turbo
the wastegate be sitting there too sticking straight out the 45 degree bend going around the turbo intoo the rest of the exhaust

on a v8 you would use a carb style intake with injectors a big 4 hole trottlebody and a big aircleaner you could hide most of the plumbing under there

the only extra stuff you will need with a midmount setup is longer oillines to the turbo and a scavengepump to get the turbo oil back intoo the engine wish can put the oil intoo one of the valvecovers breatherholes

Great ideas
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ's Sierra Grande (Post 7288072)
we are all still here and watching :hiya: you're doing such a damn fine job I guess we don't figure you need much advice. But with the hours you're putting in on this beast I think we can all agree a little encouragement might be nice now and then :five: so keep on rockin it!
and for those that want even more pics check him out on instagram, he posts a lot over there too. come to think of it. how the heck does he get any work done with all this posting? :lol:

LOL, luckily my day job 6 days a week 10 hours a day is car sales so I have a lot of free time at my desk ! Thanks Man !

67cheby 08-26-2015 09:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Let me introduce you to Frankenstand ! I wanted a stand that I could completely assemble my motor and trans on and paint it all together. I found this old cart sticking out of a top of a dumpster last Sunday and cut it up and made it into this. I still need to add 2 gussets to the trans support and then she will be ready for my real MAST Motorsports engine and TCI Transmission !

watahyahknow 08-26-2015 10:54 AM

so you can still make this intoo a flatpack ?
i wanted to make an engine teststand (to run the engine and trans on)
going to use a engine stand i bought a while back and never used
http://agrisupply.cachefly.net/images/l/60842.jpg
and planned to adapt it with the same type of engine trans suport you made
i hope i can keep it foldable as i whont be using the stand mush after im done with this engine

62step 08-26-2015 11:51 AM

Very nice stand.. Have any extras ;) lol. I'm looking to make something like that too. Looks good, keep up the good work

Ta2Don 08-26-2015 03:13 PM

Frankenstand...:metal:

67cheby 08-26-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7288568)
Frankenstand...:metal:

I know shes a little ugly but I dig it ! LOL, maybe I should give her a little coat of walmart rattle can !

UKNOWME 08-26-2015 05:21 PM

Just another addition to slosh tubz! Better patent it quick!

watahyahknow 08-26-2015 05:41 PM

hey watever works and it was practicly free too

Grizz1963 08-26-2015 05:55 PM

Dumpster engineering..... My sort of design and thinking.

67cheby 08-27-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 7288656)
Just another addition to slosh tubz! Better patent it quick!

LOL !
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7288676)
hey watever works and it was practicly free too

Exactly !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7288688)
Dumpster engineering..... My sort of design and thinking.

Yes sir ! Poor men have Poor ways ! LOL

67cheby 08-28-2015 09:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I went to Street Driven Customs last night to check on the bodywork and gap progress, and to test fit a new door seal that Precision is working on (you guys are going to love it ,Precision rocks)

67cheby 08-28-2015 09:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I love the way the roof extensions came out

Got that MAST Motorsports 408 cu engine and Black Label LS7 heads mounted up on the engine stand and then bolted on that TCI 4l80e, and I just had to set on that Magnuson Supercharger ! Now to get it all prepped for paint along with the Wegner Motorsports front drive system !

Blown06 08-28-2015 10:09 AM

Man that is looking awesome, the motor is gonna scream!

es67chevy 08-28-2015 10:32 AM

All I can say is "WOW"! Nice, man!!

watahyahknow 08-28-2015 10:47 AM

prolly be a dream forever but i would like to see a rubberseal that actually closes up the gap aroun the door , streamlining it like with a modern car

Kyle@FTP 08-28-2015 01:01 PM

I go like the look of this blower. It sits forward on the engine like the top fuel blower. Looks fancy.

67cheby 08-28-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blown06 (Post 7290395)
Man that is looking awesome, the motor is gonna scream!

CANT WAIT to drive it !
Quote:

Originally Posted by es67chevy (Post 7290432)
All I can say is "WOW"! Nice, man!!

Thanks man !
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7290451)
prolly be a dream forever but i would like to see a rubberseal that actually closes up the gap aroun the door , streamlining it like with a modern car

That would be cool !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle@FTP (Post 7290585)
I go like the look of this blower. It sits forward on the engine like the top fuel blower. Looks fancy.

"im so fancy, you don't even know".......LOL

Kyle@FTP 08-28-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 7290616)

"im so fancy, you don't even know".......LOL

You sir have been listening to way to much of your kids music! :lol:

67cheby 08-28-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle@FTP (Post 7290641)
You sir have been listening to way to much of your kids music! :lol:

What ......you thought those were song lyrics ??? LOL

namloc 08-29-2015 12:27 AM

You and everybody involved are hustling. Movin' fast along the path. Keep it up . Very Cool.

oldman3 08-29-2015 09:14 AM

Looking sweeeeet...Jim

AUS64c10 08-31-2015 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 7290357)
I went to Street Driven Customs last night to check on the bodywork and gap progress, and to test fit a new door seal that Precision is working on (you guys are going to love it ,Precision rocks)

Any idea how long before the new door seal is released? I was going to order some stuff from Precision but might hold off if they will be released soon.

67cheby 08-31-2015 06:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well I had about the worst weekend possible, Sunday I went to drop off my engine and trans for paint and find out that my friend Gary is having family problems and is closing his shop..... so now I have picked up my truck and I am frantically trying to nail down a shop to finish it ! Here is the current state

67cheby 08-31-2015 06:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and a few more