The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Steeveedee 06-24-2024 09:26 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9321907)
I'd replace all three... ; )

:lol:

72c20customcamper 06-25-2024 08:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love NY . State passed a law that you need to have factory exhaust on vehicles to pass inspection. Cars and trucks the station are letting them slide a little as long as it not excessive. Bikes they won’t even look at them if they are aftermarket . Glad I kept the originals for my bikes . Now my bikes aren’t super loud nice rumble down low but as soon as the station sees the pipes it’s a no go

Rickysnickers 06-25-2024 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9322023)
I love NY . State passed a law that you need to have factory exhaust on vehicles to pass inspection. Cars and trucks the station are letting them slide a little as long as it not excessive. Bikes they won’t even look at them if they are aftermarket . Glad I kept the originals for my bikes . Now my bikes aren’t super loud nice rumble down low but as soon as the station sees the pipes it’s a no go

I'd be screwed in my state, if they did that. All my bike have aftermarket exhausts and I do not have any of the stock stuff.

Boog 06-25-2024 09:14 AM

Ack!!! The noise police! Did that recently pass?

GOPAPA 06-25-2024 10:20 AM

Mark
here in Idaho we did have testing ,but only for Boise and surrounding close cities ,, I tried 6 times to pass and couldnt satisfy them ,,and finally after them tries ,,they did away with testing ,, I spent around a $3 thousand on cats muffler tail pipes ,carburater ,, and still could not pass ,,and did not have the stuff that came with the truck to put back.. New York should at least give the rural people a pass ..

GOPAPA 06-25-2024 10:22 AM

Mark
here in Idaho we did have testing ,but only for Boise and surrounding close cities ,, I tried 6 times to pass and couldnt satisfy them ,,and finally after them tries ,,they did away with testing ,, I spent around a $3 thousand on cats muffler tail pipes ,carburater ,, and still could not pass ,,and did not have the stuff that came with the truck to put back.. New York should at least give the rural people a pass ..

72c20customcamper 06-25-2024 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9322037)
Ack!!! The noise police! Did that recently pass?

2022 but since they didn’t put any funds into the bill the police can’t really enforce it . So they are making private citizens (inspection techs) do their dirty work

72c20customcamper 06-25-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 9322049)
Mark

Bikes have no emission tests . It’s simply a harassment tactic to stop noise . They tried to pass an emissions testing program for bikes but they got stopped since it’s not like a car you have to take apart a good deal of the bike to get to the computer port . Shops said they wouldn’t do it .

New York there’s no emissions testing on 25 years or older vehicles . Just a safety inspection

72c20customcamper 06-25-2024 02:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
But on to other fun times . Got the front differential out of the Taco now I can get at the oil pan

Boog 06-25-2024 05:01 PM

Oh man. I don't envy you.

I put the wife's Yukon in the shop last week to have the rear main seal replaced and the dash pulled out to repair the drivers side temp control. It blows hot on drivers side and cold on drinkers side. We were just on an out of state trip weekend before last and it wasn't pleasant behind the wheel I'll tell ya.
We just got back from picking the truck up a few minutes ago. They did everything except the most important thing, fix the ac. Miscommunication it seems. So we had to leave it again. Mama is NOT happy, therefore I am NOT happy. We are having 97-99* temps this week.
Sucks not being able to do the things I used to do.

72c20customcamper 06-25-2024 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9322167)
Oh man. I don't envy you.

I put the wife's Yukon in the shop last week to have the rear main seal replaced and the dash pulled out to repair the drivers side temp control. It blows hot on drivers side and cold on drinkers side. We were just on an out of state trip weekend before last and it wasn't pleasant behind the wheel I'll tell ya.
We just got back from picking the truck up a few minutes ago. They did everything except the most important thing, fix the ac. Miscommunication it seems. So we had to leave it again. Mama is NOT happy, therefore I am NOT happy. We are having 97-99* temps this week.
Sucks not being able to do the things I used to do.

That sucks my Envoy is getting new fuel lines . I didn’t do it because I’m up to my neck in other things .i can leave the Taco for however long because we have another 4 pickups :lol: but no other car

72c20customcamper 06-25-2024 05:31 PM

Drove the 68 stepper to the store today and got gas . The truck is averaging 16.75 mpg over the last 4 fill ups . Not bad for a 4.57 rear imagine if it had some higher gearing. I’m happy

LT7A 06-25-2024 07:28 PM

That exhaust law would be a tough one for me. Glad you had the parts to put your bikes back to stock. Good work on the Tacoma - that's quite an undertaking. And I gotta learn how to drive like you're driving that stepper. That's great mileage.

72c20customcamper 06-25-2024 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9322236)
That exhaust law would be a tough one for me. Glad you had the parts to put your bikes back to stock. Good work on the Tacoma - that's quite an undertaking. And I gotta learn how to drive like you're driving that stepper. That's great mileage.

I’m very light on the gas with it I Drive it like a grandpa .

I was just going to change out the mufflers but they are frozen to the head pipes and I had no torch to heat them up . The head pipe is a true dual exhaust the factory dumps both into a cat then out to the mufflers . Left muffler isn’t really doing anything hardly any exhaust comes out of it because it so restrictive. I’ll get them apart and change it out at some point it will be quieter and have Harley stampings on them but the head pipe will be aftermarket

72c20customcamper 06-27-2024 01:54 PM

Bike is inspected and the aftermarket exhaust is back on . It’s really only a 20 minute job and 20 bucks for gaskets and new flange nuts

best view 06-27-2024 07:27 PM

Good mark f them :metal: