The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Ol Blue K20 07-07-2024 11:19 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9325062)
well they finally started. paid since feb, pad prep for april 1st. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that "small" door on the front is 17x9 WOOP.

Very nice!!! :metal:

joedoh 07-12-2024 02:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9325675)
Very nice!!! :metal:

thanks! although i just wrote the checks :lol:

next week is 5" 3500psi concrete and after that is some wiring and then spray foam insulation

Boog 07-12-2024 02:52 PM

Bailed the wifey's Yukon out of the shop. It's been a month there. Went in for rear main seal and r & r the dash to fix the broken mode door. Blowing straight hot on the driver side. I am in no shape
to do those level of repairs anymore so I had to let a shop do it for me.
Clipped us for $4g all together. Mercy! Mama's happy.

Lost in the 60's 07-14-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9326990)
Bailed the wifey's Yukon out of the shop. It's been a month there. Went in for rear main seal and r & r the dash to fix the broken mode door. Blowing straight hot on the driver side. I am in no shape to do those level of repairs anymore so I had to let a shop do it for me.
Clipped us for $4g all together. Mercy! Mama's happy.

OUCH !!! I think I would've put duct tape over the left vents and let-r-drip for that cost...:eek:
'Course "Happy wife, Happy life", does make life easier.

joedoh 07-14-2024 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9326990)
Clipped us for $4g all together. Mercy!

holy schnikeys. i would have put a choke knob and cable on the blend door :lol::lol:

Steeveedee 07-14-2024 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9327448)
holy schnikeys. i would have put a choke knob and cable on the blend door :lol::lol:

Right? I considered just laying caulk on my antenna when the cover got knocked in the robo-wash (I have a thread about it). Would've looked crappy, but also would've been about $600 less money.

Rickysnickers 07-15-2024 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9326974)
thanks! although i just wrote the checks :lol:

next week is 5" 3500psi concrete and after that is some wiring and then spray foam insulation

Very nice!!

67C10Step 07-15-2024 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wife and I made a quick trip to Anderson, MO (3.5 hours one way) to pick up the wife's new toy. Came with a 60" belly mower we really do not need right now but you never know, right?
It was too good a deal to pass up. Has a few hydraulic leaks that need addressing, thus the mat under the hydraulic connections, which are first on the list. Overall a solid unit just needs a little TLC.

72c20customcamper 07-18-2024 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Last pieces of the taco front end rebuild came today. The packing newspaper is Japanese.

Ol Blue K20 07-20-2024 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9328301)
Last pieces of the taco front end rebuild came today. The packing newspaper is Japanese.

What's the headline say? :lol::lol:

Getter-Done 07-20-2024 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9328523)
What's the headline say? :lol::lol:

Translation : “I love you, pookie, forever!”

Ol Blue K20 07-20-2024 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9328526)
Translation : “I love you, pookie, forever!”

:lol::lol::lol:

LS short box 07-20-2024 04:11 PM

Went to a somewhat local car show today. Wandered around a bit. They had about 100 cars. We didn't bring a hot rod. We drove our 20 Mustang GT vert. It was a perfect day for a convertible ride around the lakes.

CAMAROBOY68SS 07-20-2024 10:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Brought home a old friend on Friday. My grandparents had this 61 Impala when I was growing up while in middle and high school. It was a identical twin to a 61 that my grandpa ordered brand new in 61 and then dated my grandmother in it, sold it when they got married to have extra money to get on their feet. (Stuck a scanned old photo of the original car)

Well fast forward to today, we lost my grandmother a year ago and my grandpa was wanting to get the 61 back, was able to get in touch with the guy they sold it to a decade ago and he actually still had it and was ready to let the car go. So we sold some spare stuff, pooled our money together and got the car back. Needs a little TLC as the car has pretty much sat in the garage the last decade, but nothing crazy.

Sheepdip 07-20-2024 11:45 PM

Nice!
I think the 60, 61 and 62 were the best looking Impalas ever made IMHO

Getter-Done 07-21-2024 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS (Post 9328703)
Brought home a old friend on Friday. My grandparents had this 61 Impala when I was growing up while in middle and high school. It was a identical twin to a 61 that my grandpa ordered brand new in 61 and then dated my grandmother in it, sold it when they got married to have extra money to get on their feet. (Stuck a scanned old photo of the original car)

Well fast forward to today, we lost my grandmother a year ago and my grandpa was wanting to get the 61 back, was able to get in touch with the guy they sold it to a decade ago and he actually still had it and was ready to let the car go. So we sold some spare stuff, pooled our money together and got the car back. Needs a little TLC as the car has pretty much sat in the garage the last decade, but nothing crazy.

Great that this came back to the family. :metal:

:chevy::chevy::chevy:

dieseldawg142 07-21-2024 02:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
back home from our out of town job for the weekend-went riding!
wifey had to leave early so she brought her 'yoda
Attachment 2380094Attachment 2380095Attachment 2380096Attachment 2380097

noticed this in my son's quad when we got home....flower child...lol
Attachment 2380098

Lost in the 60's 07-21-2024 07:09 AM

Quote:

Beautiful car.
I had a '62 SS, Aqua on Aqua driver for a while. Never had the funds or time to bring it a decent restored level and sold it 2 years ago to fund my '67 Camaro restoration. Yep, was sad to see it go and regret it, but I made good progress on the Camaro for awhile.
The pic of your Grandpa's original car with the 4 bars and wide whites was the hot ticket back then. He was livin' the times. Glad he has you and the car to spend time with now.

joedoh 07-21-2024 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well its finally on the road after 35 years in a barn. nothing really works except the engine and the brakes, but its still a great day.

72c20customcamper 07-21-2024 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9328837)
well its finally on the road after 35 years in a barn. nothing really works except the engine and the brakes, but its still a great day.

At least you don’t have to worry about the turn signals :lol:

I always liked that model

Steeveedee 07-21-2024 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9328838)

I always liked that model

:haha:

yuccales 07-21-2024 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did last of the welding on the boiler smokestack. Getting closer to standing that rascal up. ;)

Ol Blue K20 07-22-2024 04:09 AM

Quote:

I'm jealous! I love the 61 impalas

joedoh 07-22-2024 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9328838)

:haha: but honestly they dont work either. i have one brake light and nothing else at all.

fun fact, the turn signal switch is on the right of the steering wheel. they had not standardized it on the left in 1972!

GOPAPA 07-22-2024 08:22 AM

Quote:

Really a nice Car ..I almost bought one back in 1965 ,,but instead bought some hay growing land...hope you got it back for the same price your grand dad sold it for ,, if not , still a wonderrul feeling getting it back