The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

C-10cutty 07-14-2012 06:35 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by doobiebro (Post 5480165)
sweet truck...did you shave the front tire?

Yes, did one. Wanting to find the extent of the white rubber on the sidewall of a skinny WW.

jbgroby 07-14-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYZ (Post 5484923)
No i don't mind at all , thats why we look at this forum to share and get ideas , need to come up with latch for the lid. 70 mph it stands straight up! you getting this hot weather in cambridge too!!

Since it has the "really Old School Look" why may an antique style lock for show and use a modern lock when out and about.

Such as this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1850s-Origin...item2c66c7a4d1

Jake

CRGRS 66 07-14-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 5485345)
Since it has the "really Old School Look" why may an antique style lock for show and use a modern lock when out and about.

Such as this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1850s-Origin...item2c66c7a4d1

Jake

Cool, Marty there is an antique shop on 8, on the way to sauble on the right hand side, a little more than half way to sauble from hepworth... maybe they have something cool there

goirish78 07-14-2012 11:44 AM

I swapped out my old cracked valve cover for a nice new dress up chrome one!! Looks pretty. Question for u guys tho: I have 3 holes in the new valve cover. My new breather cap is in the front one just like it was. The hose is going in the back one just like it was. Below the front hole tho, on the driver side of the valve cover is another same size hole. I have nothing to put in it. Is it a oil filler hole maybe? If so what do I put in it while it's running? I'm assuming it has to be plugged. HELP??!!!!!

It's a 230 Chevy L6. 63 Chevy c10 short/step. Thanx men:metal:

VIC OUT
Posted via Mobile Device

Cody63 07-14-2012 02:01 PM

Lowered my '63 with a 5/4 drop.

Ended up having to cut the front spring by one full coil to get it to level out.

Looks sick now. So excited.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get my front sway bar on.

chevy_man5 07-14-2012 03:01 PM

We adjusted the brakes out, then took her for a drive around the neighborhood, and she stops now!!

Then we pulled off both diff covers to verify if when a P.O. swapped out the rear axle, they matched the front. From what I can tell they are the same, but I have to find some info to make sure.

MARTYZ 07-14-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5485358)
Cool, Marty there is an antique shop on 8, on the way to sauble on the right hand side, a little more than half way to sauble from hepworth... maybe they have something cool there

Yes I know the place , only 10 minutes from home I will check it out, going to go rumagew through the barn again may find something there. If your ever up thos way send me a pm and we can meet up. They have a real good cruise night at thd beach on Tuesday nights, 100 plus cars in July and Aug. Sandfest show in August is a good one too over 400 last year. I'll do the same if I get down Cambridge way
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

cb1965 07-14-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeS. (Post 5485175)
What? It hit 85?:lol:

Well, maybe not too hot :lol: but hot enough to be working under the direct sun doing somewhat heavy work.

tincan1966 07-14-2012 06:06 PM

Just made the credit card scream and ordered 16 pieces of sheet metal for the body repairs. So....if anybody needs me over the next two weeks- look for the welding glow.....

gimmy 64 07-14-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goirish78 (Post 5485549)
I swapped out my old cracked valve cover for a nice new dress up chrome one!! Looks pretty. Question for u guys tho: I have 3 holes in the new valve cover. My new breather cap is in the front one just like it was. The hose is going in the back one just like it was. Below the front hole tho, on the driver side of the valve cover is another same size hole. I have nothing to put in it. Is it a oil filler hole maybe? If so what do I put in it while it's running? I'm assuming it has to be plugged. HELP??!!!!!

VIC OUT
Posted via Mobile Device

thats for smog pump hook up just buy a breather with rubber gromet and plug it in

ABX131 07-14-2012 10:35 PM

Got the old tranny out, now I need to get the replacement unit in......

goirish78 07-15-2012 12:46 AM

Thanx man!! Preciate it

Vic
Posted via Mobile Device

Woogeroo 07-15-2012 12:59 AM

I worked on lining the door back up to the door latch after replacing the door pins and bushings last weekend.

I think it is close, it may need a little more tweaking.

-W

Cody63 07-15-2012 10:09 AM

Got my front sway bar on. Wow, what a difference.

Great add on.:metal:

E911manager 07-15-2012 11:23 AM

Flipped a coin to see which one I would work on today. It landed on tails so it was the barn find project. Started by cleaning up the engine and start working on a breaking the engine loose.. I found an old points and rotor still in the package while I was going through this thing.

One question is the rubber floor mats appear to be original and in great shape. But there is a thin foam sheet under it. It is formed to the floor pan and it appears to be factory. It has holes in the right places. So is that factory?

LT1 Burb 07-15-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E911manager (Post 5487097)
Flipped a coin to see which one I would work on today. It landed on tails so it was the barn find project. Started by cleaning up the engine and start working on a breaking the engine loose.. I found an old points and rotor still in the package while I was going through this thing.

One question is the rubber floor mats appear to be original and in great shape. But there is a thin foam sheet under it. It is formed to the floor pan and it appears to be factory. It has holes in the right places. So is that factory?

Yes the foam sheets are factory.

jbgroby 07-15-2012 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Put her eyes in.

chevy_mike 07-15-2012 07:51 PM

Troubleshooting a bad miss since my drive back from the Brothers Truck show last weekend. Ran a compression test and all the cylinders were within 10 psi (155-165). Since I had no idea how old the cap, rotor and plug wires were, I replaced them and the spark plugs as well. From what I can tell, seems to have solved the problem. Running like it was before the miss started. Yea!!! :D

markeb01 07-15-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goirish78 (Post 5485549)

VIC OUT
Posted via Mobile Device

Depending on the size of the hole, there are also generic valve cover grommets that are plugged:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...rentProductId=

wrecked36 07-15-2012 09:48 PM

Re: BEST ANSWER EVER!!!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I drove it. I drove the spit out of it!

Sneaux 07-15-2012 09:57 PM

Started the new motor for the first time. Got some timing and overheating issues to workout.

towersddg9 07-15-2012 11:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got one inner fender in:four:

1enick72 07-15-2012 11:18 PM

Upgraded some upper engine parts, new distributor, 58mm BBK throttle body and SLP TPI runners. Can't wait to go for a spin :burnout:

198plus 07-16-2012 09:25 PM

Put one wheel on today........

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...1/DSCN2448.jpg

E911manager 07-16-2012 10:11 PM

More body work!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device