The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

tincan1966 08-04-2012 01:01 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Actually no real wrk done, but did score a set of buckets seats at a yard sale this morning for $25. They are from a Chrysler mini van 2nd or 3rd row, but will work great as the rear seats in the 'Burb. Will post pics in my build thread.

jbgroby 08-04-2012 06:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Test fit the fenders to ssee how they lay. Need to correct the door and get some shims. bu tshe sure is looking sharp.

dantimdad 08-04-2012 06:36 PM

That is one sharp truck!

Steven

chazlll 08-04-2012 09:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
i installed the new dust shields - rotors & calipers on the 66 today. i got the break line on wrong the first time. i had to change it after i took this photo.

steve'62 08-04-2012 09:09 PM

Man I wish mine was that clean!
Posted via Mobile Device

62 Barnfind 08-04-2012 09:25 PM

Sanded and primed my front grill.

badriand 08-04-2012 09:42 PM

Took front Fenders etc off to start working on inner fenders for bags scrub line.
Posted via Mobile Device

McCoyAZ 08-04-2012 09:50 PM

Replaced the master cylinder and power booster then drove it over to Brake Masters and let them power bleed the whole system.

Man there was a lot of junk in the back drums.

Gotta replace the power steering pump some day next week, it's puking up fluid.

Vernski 08-04-2012 10:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Getting the bed ready for high build primmer, lookin smoother but my arm is ready to fall off in one giant cramp...Vernski:metal:

markeb01 08-05-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 5523140)
Getting the bed ready for high build primmer, lookin smoother but my arm is ready to fall off in one giant cramp...Vernski:metal:

I use to think the only thing I disliked more than sanding was sandblasting, but now I think I hate doing both of them equally! Those bed sides offer a lot of sheet metal to work, but I think the hood took more effort than anything else because there are so many shapes involved. Can’t wait to see your truck in paint and all back together.

jbgroby 08-05-2012 10:09 AM

VERNSKI - GLAD to see you moving, I wonder who will be finished first, me or you (proballyyou!)

Vernski 08-05-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 5523645)
VERNSKI - GLAD to see you moving, I wonder who will be finished first, me or you (proballyyou!)

You have to drive stakes to see if I moved at all, I think you will Jake cause it's a two tone and that will take longer but I do hope it goes quickly. I like your paint colors mine will be chartreuse & White. Markeb01 sanding is part of the curse of having one of these trucks and doing it oneself kind like having warts....Vernski:metal:

jbgroby 08-05-2012 03:18 PM

I decided to keep the interior of the bed all semi-gloss black. I saw that on Corts' truck and liked it. It won;t be authenic, but because two tone pattern I don't the white will look all that great in the bed. I might do it in blue, but have not made up my mind 100% yet. How you doing yours?

Jake

Vernski 08-05-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 5524021)
I decided to keep the interior of the bed all semi-gloss black. I saw that on Corts' truck and liked it. It won;t be authenic, but because two tone pattern I don't the white will look all that great in the bed. I might do it in blue, but have not made up my mind 100% yet. How you doing yours?

Jake

:waah:
I used black spray on liner, allot these trucks had black fender wells anyway with body color on the rest of it if it was one color. The black texture paints hide imperfections which work well for me and a semi gloss would work also...Vernski:smoke:

stfrog 08-05-2012 06:44 PM

Installed new comfort grip steering wheel,Installed new gas neck and rubber grommet-total pain in the arse,swapped out all key cylinders,unboxed all my parts from Brothers to do a front disc conversion.

markeb01 08-05-2012 09:58 PM

Since I had to take it out anyway I did some more experimenting with the grille emblem and popped in the chrome bullet version:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6171/002vij.jpg

64shortbox 08-05-2012 10:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I LIKE it!!!! Reminds me of the old days but on a smaller and more pleasing scale.

dantimdad 08-05-2012 10:10 PM

Had my buddy move the truck back to my house from another buddy's shop. Then I took the flame wrench to the bumper bolts and got it off.

I feel like I will make much more progress in my carport.

Steven

E911manager 08-06-2012 11:54 AM

Well not "today" but a summary of the weekend..... BODY WORK.... Cracks on the roof led me through 1/3 of an inch of body work to an old welded up antenna that was in the roof.. The hole was fixed fairly well but they filled it flat instead of doing a little metal work to reduce the amount of bondo. I did a little dolly work then smoothed it out.

Chevy Fleetside 08-06-2012 08:18 PM

I spent money on it...

dantimdad 08-07-2012 08:19 PM

I was right about getting more done after bringing it home. :)

Today, I got the steering column out, the E brake assembly out, all but one on each side of the exhaust mani bolts undone and the cab mount bolts soaked with pb blaster.

All that between work and dinner.

Tomorrow night: gauges, last two exhaust bolts and cab mount bolts.

Steven

markeb01 08-07-2012 08:29 PM

Spent all day working on my grille, only to end up stripping everything off and having to start over.

CRGRS 66 08-07-2012 11:29 PM

changed the oil, took it for a drive

westcoast5 08-08-2012 12:44 AM

I ordered a fuel gauge and a air gauge.

dantimdad 08-08-2012 09:02 PM

The engine is ready to come out!

Got the exhaust bolts undone, the motor mount bolts out and the transmission bolts broke loose then tightened down until saturday when I pull the engine.

I have to pick up some shorter bolts for the lift plate tomorrow and have my buddy drop off his stand.

Things are moving along!

Steven