The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

fryer1979 08-17-2012 02:21 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

It was way too hot today to do much work, and I lost power at the shop almost right after I got there. So all I did was pull my downpipe back off the truck so i can take it into the exhaust shop tomorrow morning and have it shortened a couple inches. All assembled it hung WAY too close to the ground for my taste, it should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon.

:metal:

corvettejim1968 08-18-2012 02:34 PM

installed these speakers in the dash. pain in the butt took 3 hours. it sounds much better so its worth it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...peakers003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...peakers001.jpg

CRGRS 66 08-18-2012 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Drove it to Guelph (20 min drive) to deliver a piece of furniture to my brother (lovely morning to be cruising with the tunes blasting), then brother and I went off to Mississauga (45 min drive) to an alcohol store to get some supplies for next weekend, check out the bounty 52 Ales, and lagers from home and abroad (shame we can't get any US craft brews up here, love the brew pubs you guys have down there). Got home, and fixed my gas gauge, when it did work it was flopping all over the place, I thought it was the gas sloshing around. I originally thought it was a grounding issue, turned out to be the power wire was loose. Reads real good and steady now. Then I took her to the car wash, and powered washed a lot of guck and grime off of the front suspension. It will soon be time to tear down, and add 2.5" drop, and power disc brakes!

Indian113 08-18-2012 05:33 PM

Drove it to Altoona,had to pick up some lumber to work on my house.

Thumbs up's and nice truck-may dad had one JUST like it. Ya gotta love em:lol:

towersddg9 08-18-2012 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to go with Dakota Digital

contagious102 08-18-2012 08:20 PM

Picked a front cross member with new ball joints,2 1/2" drop spindles,and 1 1/4 disc brakes ,with 5 on 5 rotors for 300 bucks.!! My 66 step will enjoy the up grade.

RollinKaos 08-18-2012 09:01 PM

Tried to tow it to my new house and a rear tire blew. Truck bounced around on the trailer and crushed the rocker panel, side and rear of the bed. Door is a little bent but fixable. After a few hours in the desert sun getting back on the trailer and off at the new house, I am in no mood to get the tires fixed and really access the damage.

CRGRS 66 08-18-2012 11:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Even though I plan to get started on tearing into some fairly major work in about a months time, I decided to clean up the deluxe wheel I picked up recently, and put it on. Man it is big!!! Makes it quite a bit easier to maneuver in parking lots, and... I like it:metal:

CRGRS 66 08-18-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollinKaos (Post 5545986)
Tried to tow it to my new house and a rear tire blew. Truck bounced around on the trailer and crushed the rocker panel, side and rear of the bed. Door is a little bent but fixable. After a few hours in the desert sun getting back on the trailer and off at the new house, I am in no mood to get the tires fixed and really access the damage.

Tomorrow will be a better day, at least no one was injured.

scotts62 08-18-2012 11:26 PM

Installed engine and trans

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...818_141131.jpg

exoticmetalworx 08-19-2012 12:05 AM

i got it on the road last week took it to the first car show today
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...64170185_o.jpg

a37lesalle 08-19-2012 06:41 AM

Loaded it with some stuff to move to new house. First time I took it for a drive longer than a block. Did find some issues while driving the old girl. But it made it all the way on her own.....with a little bit of a load.

glos55 08-19-2012 08:19 AM

Ordered 1" lowering blocks and adjustable tracking bar for rear

62 Barnfind 08-19-2012 03:08 PM

Completed the grill.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/DSC00306.jpg

JPBrecheisen 08-19-2012 03:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rebuilding and reconditioning the closed knuckle 44 on my 62 K1000. There is obvious damage on the balls, but I got some metal epoxy to spread into the grooves, then I'll fair it down with some emory paper onces its fully cured.

jjzepplin 08-19-2012 03:50 PM

Bought her a new frame converted to 2wd.

rendus 08-19-2012 03:58 PM

Took mine on a 60 mile drive yesterday and discovered two things:
1. the throttle spring was too weak and began to stretch causing my throttle to stick
2. a little oil is dripping out my stock oil breather. Not alot, just enough to leave drops and streaks on the valve cover and inner fender.

Today I installed a beefier spring on the throttle linkage (found it in the garage, it's about the size of the clutch return spring, so no worries with it stretching)

My 250 has the stock valve cover and a twist in hole for the oil breather. I had the proform oil breather pictured below but it is push-in. I cut the twist in base from the stock breather and welded it to the base of the proform breather. Fits like it's made for it. I figure the proform is taller and the filter material is a tight enough weave to slow down the oil spray.

http://i48.tinypic.com/105dyeu.jpg

steve'62 08-19-2012 04:03 PM

62 barnfind, grill looks awesome, I had a 62 so I can appreciate its rarity! It's a love it or hate it relationship for most people on here with the 62 grill!
Posted via Mobile Device

wagonslayer 08-19-2012 05:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Started painting the roof, roll on rustoleum satin white and some silver metal flake for fun.(haven't added the metal flake yet)

LT1 Burb 08-19-2012 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started bolting parts back on the frame.

66clow 08-19-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryer1979 (Post 5543244)
It was way too hot today to do much work, and I lost power at the shop almost right after I got there. So all I did was pull my downpipe back off the truck so i can take it into the exhaust shop tomorrow morning and have it shortened a couple inches. All assembled it hung WAY too close to the ground for my taste, it should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon.

:metal:

Too hot for you with a avatar like that!!

198plus 08-19-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towersddg9 (Post 5545694)

Let me know how you like it, I think I'm going to go with it also ;)

towersddg9 08-19-2012 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 5547649)
Let me know how you like it, I think I'm going to go with it also ;)

Thumbs up, its only bout an inch thick fits the bezel much better than the billet piece I had in there, excellent quality you will need to use the oil and temp sending units that are supplied in the kit (tip top on those as well), plus comes with programmable speedo that will replace the cable, I'm not sure on the bezel color yet, been looking for a chrome version but can't find it, I need to stop changing things so I can start driving it, I'll post some better pics in a few days

64thunder 08-19-2012 11:55 PM

made a rice burner ashamed of his puny 4banger noise with my american six pack
then went around the appt complex giving kids rides in the bed

jsdoyle 08-20-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towersddg9 (Post 5545694)

That would look awesome in my truck! Let me know if you don't like it! :)