The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   My suburban's Twisted Little Sister (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655167)

Johnny_Lamebridge 06-10-2016 01:11 AM

Re: My suburban's Twisted Little Sister

Hi Dale... so great to hear from you!

I hope things are getting back to normal for you. I'm glad that you let everyone know that you use a wheelchair to get around. I know that you planned to let everyone figure that out once you started building the interior of "Twisted Sister", but now that everyone knows, we can all appreciate what a serious situation it must have been crashing into the water and not being able to get back to dry land. Yikes, it must have been scary for you.

Forum members... I was very surprised when I met Dale and Sarah at the Bothwell car show last summer. I don't want to steal Dale's thunder. I'll just say that I saw some some pretty impressive modifications that he's engineered and built into his red '65 Suburban, and I'd assume the '67 yellow C10 as well. Dale, when you're feeling better, I hope you'll share some of your creative driveability mods here. Cool stuff!

Really glad you're on the mend.

62stepside longbox 06-10-2016 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge (Post 7620496)
I'm glad that you let everyone know that you use a wheelchair to get around.

Wow I never would have guessed that an automotive genius such as Dale is in a wheelchair. His work is better than most guys that are in top physical condition. You can definitely tell that his disability doesn't stop him at all from getting stuff done:chevy:

Grizz1963 06-10-2016 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox (Post 7620520)
Wow I never would have guessed that an automotive genius such as Dale is in a wheelchair. His work is better than most guys that are in top physical condition. You can definitely tell that his disability doesn't stop him at all from getting stuff done:chevy:

You just made me chuckle.......

As always, especially for a young guy like you Nik, who is also constantly learning, I guess the lesson is always out there somewhere.... "Never judge a book by its cover"etc.

I was surprised too, but the lesson for me is also that the old adage of crying because we have no shoes, till we see a guy with no feet comes true here.

Great to see you back online Dale.

And as Johnny says, I suspect you will have multiple custom touches to all vehicles you create.

Genius often works like that.

Get well soon, take your time and even though I am over here, please do not hesitate to shout if you need a hand, encouragement or just a chat.

It's the weekend when I get home from work tonight, some admin, cut the grass and then relax a bit. Tomorrow is 08.30 MOT test for bike, 09.30 haircut and then it is truck time..........

Have a good weekend.

piratexpress1369a 06-10-2016 08:53 AM

Glad to hear you are on the mend. ..good to know that there was no frame damage to the 67..heal quick you still have alot of work on the 65.

ibrown50 06-10-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge (Post 7620496)
but now that everyone knows, we can all appreciate what a serious situation it must have been crashing into the water and not being able to get back to dry land. Yikes, it must have been scary for you.

Really glad you're on the mend.

Wow X2 must have been really scary stuff, great to hear you're making forward progress

tune_1 06-10-2016 10:39 AM

Dale,
Good to hear that you are on the mend and doing better. My appreciation for the work that you have done has doubled. Thank you for posting and showing all the work that you are doing. Hope to hear that all is back to normal soon.

Dwight

lower50's 06-10-2016 04:48 PM

Wow Dale. Thankyou for showing us all what someone with determination and a few skills ;) can accomplish. Good to here your c10 is not hurt to bad. Hope you are feeling much better. Looking forward to meeting you some time. Also to check out your burb.

mjh1965 06-10-2016 05:05 PM

Glad you are on the mend . What you have accomplished bearing in mind you are in a chair , is great . Due to my day job I get to see this regularly , and so many people are surprised at the accompaniments achieved by guys in chairs . It only makes the build better in my eyes keep up the good work . It'll be good to see you back at it soon .

Advanced Design 06-11-2016 09:51 AM

Dale, it is great to see you posting! We've kept you in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

65sub 06-22-2016 03:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Again guys, thanks for all the kind words. This really is a great community.

Here's a couple of photos of the welding my buddy is working on. This is on the rear gate.

Also a couple of pictures of the new mill and the adapter to put a chevy transmission on the V12

Grizz1963 06-22-2016 05:58 PM

Hey....!!

Dale is back !!

Good to see you back mate.

Slowly, surely and the progress will continue.

62stepside longbox 06-22-2016 07:26 PM

Good to see you back here Dale, I knew your injury wouldn't hold you back for long. Can't wait to see more progress on the twisted sister:chevy:

Palf70Step 06-22-2016 07:52 PM

:agree: Good to see you hittin' the keys again.

lower50's 06-23-2016 01:31 AM

Hi Dale!! That's a sweet looking mill. Did the bracket get made on it?

Bomp 06-23-2016 10:43 AM

Envy is running through my veins on that mill.
Glad to see Twisted Little Sister getting some attention.
Nothing better than a little shop time to boost the motivation on healing.
Any word on the status on the yellow truck?

Johnny_Lamebridge 06-23-2016 04:12 PM

The show must go on! :metal:

This thread is like Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones. Everyone's anxious to see what the next episode brings.

Thanks for the update Dale.

ibrown50 06-23-2016 04:22 PM

Welcome back Dale, great to see progress on the "twisted little sister" again. I agree with Bomp, serious envy of that mill :lol:

65sub 06-26-2016 05:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7632463)
Hey....!!

Dale is back !!

Good to see you back mate.

Slowly, surely and the progress will continue.

Thanks Rian It's good to be back. Progress is definitely slower than I'd like

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox (Post 7632548)
Good to see you back here Dale, I knew your injury wouldn't hold you back for long. Can't wait to see more progress on the twisted sister:chevy:

Thanks Nik. Progress on the Twisted Sister will be slow until we get the yellow truck on the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 7632571)
:agree: Good to see you hittin' the keys again.

Thanks Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by lower50's (Post 7632897)
Hi Dale!! That's a sweet looking mill. Did the bracket get made on it?

Hi Bob. I bought the bracket. No sense engineering something that somebody else already perfected

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7633137)
Envy is running through my veins on that mill.
Glad to see Twisted Little Sister getting some attention.
Nothing better than a little shop time to boost the motivation on healing.
Any word on the status on the yellow truck?

The mill is pretty cool. It's great for making custom pieces for the truck. And it's not that expensive either. Getting out in the shop is a nice distraction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge (Post 7633412)
The show must go on! :metal:

This thread is like Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones. Everyone's anxious to see what the next episode brings.

Thanks for the update Dale.

Thanks John. I don't know if it's that interesting but I'll keep trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibrown50 (Post 7633419)
Welcome back Dale, great to see progress on the "twisted little sister" again. I agree with Bomp, serious envy of that mill :lol:

Thanks Ian.

Well finally after a month we got some of the parts for the '67 so we can start rebuilding on Monday. The parts all look good but we'll see how they fit

Advanced Design 06-26-2016 10:12 PM

Love the updates Dale!...mill is really nice too.

Good to see parts coming together for the 67. Hope it goes smooth.

Bomp 06-26-2016 10:24 PM

Glad to see you're able to save the '67.

piratexpress1369a 06-27-2016 01:26 PM

Glad to see you back into the shop

62stepside longbox 06-27-2016 05:20 PM

Good to see the 67 getting put back together so quickly, you'll be on the road in no time :chevy:

AnotherWs6 06-27-2016 05:22 PM

You had me at "fuel injected 409"

65sub 07-03-2016 08:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 7636365)
Love the updates Dale!...mill is really nice too.

Good to see parts coming together for the 67. Hope it goes smooth.

Thanks Doug We have enough parts to start the job. So far so good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7636381)
Glad to see you're able to save the '67.

Thanks Greg. It's one of my daily drivers so I kinda need it running.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a (Post 7636888)
Glad to see you back into the shop

It's good to be back Pirate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox (Post 7637056)
Good to see the 67 getting put back together so quickly, you'll be on the road in no time :chevy:

Thanks Nik I should be on the road soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 (Post 7637057)
You had me at "fuel injected 409"

Thanks Ws6

Here's some progress on the '67. We got the rad cradle and inner fenders sanded and painted then we bolted them on. Now we are test fitting the grille and fenders. the drivers side fit well but the passenger side will need some adjustment.

Average Joe 07-04-2016 01:53 AM

Nice work! Glad to see the '67 being fixed right.