The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   my 65 fleetside build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=442370)

flips72 12-03-2012 03:57 PM

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5735653)
congrats on the first trophy! and proceeds went to a great cause...now get that trophy off that shiny paint, lol :cuss: :lol:

thats exactly what my wife said:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5736174)
That is awesome Flips !!
congrats on the trophy !

thanks McMurphy, whats the temp in alaska today? hurry with the new video.

Dinos63 12-03-2012 04:54 PM

congrats !! i am sure there will be way more of those ! congrats again

1963c-10 12-04-2012 03:19 PM

Nice progress....truck is looking awesome

McMurphy 12-04-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5737641)
thats exactly what my wife said:lol:

thanks McMurphy, whats the temp in alaska today? hurry with the new video.

It is 32 below zero out there right now.
Yesterday we were the second coldest spot on the planet.

Right now it is warmer in Antarctica than it is here, and that is no exaggeration.
Thanks, hope the weather is not sucking the life out of you down there !! :smoke:

flips72 12-04-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5737734)
congrats !! i am sure there will be way more of those ! congrats again

thanks dino.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1963c-10 (Post 5739525)
Nice progress....truck is looking awesome

thanks 63c10, yours is coming along nice:metal:ly as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5740026)
It is 32 below zero out there right now.
Yesterday we were the second coldest spot on the planet.

Right now it is warmer in Antarctica than it is here, and that is no exaggeration.
Thanks, hope the weather is not sucking the life out of you down there !! :smoke:

weather here has been rather warm, upper 60's, i kinda wish it were cooler, makes deer hunting a lot better when its cold, but dont get me wrong i dont want to see any negetive degree weather, my hats off to you being able to work in that kind of weather.

Alan's Classic 12-05-2012 12:22 AM

Congrats on the award.

How close is the outer bedside to the new tires? Maybe I missed it somewhere. ;)

Looking forward to the next video.

CRGRS 66 12-05-2012 12:57 AM

Congrats Flips, Santa knows his sh%t

flips72 12-06-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5740654)
Congrats on the award.

How close is the outer bedside to the new tires? Maybe I missed it somewhere. ;)

Looking forward to the next video.

thanks alan, the new tires had about a 1/4 inch clearence but i gave it another 1/4 with a grinder.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5740717)
Congrats Flips, Santa knows his sh%t

thanks craiger,now get busy..less hockey more truck:lol:

silvertonguedevil 12-08-2012 11:57 AM

Good God this truck is gorgeous!! Beautiful job!!
Posted via Mobile Device

flips72 12-08-2012 09:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvertonguedevil (Post 5746978)
Good God this truck is gorgeous!! Beautiful job!!
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for the kind words, i do appreciate it.

we took the truck to the local parade today, my youngest(the one holding the dog) and her best friend won 1st and 2nd in a local pagent so they wanted to ride in the truck and throw candy. so after padding the legs on our front porch bench and laying some mudflaps and a comforter in the bed away we went and we had a great time. heres a few pics of our day.

flips72 12-08-2012 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a picture of the calhoun ga show and go,on the dragstrip leaving the line. it ran a 7.80 on the nose this pass, it really hooked good this time.

McMurphy 12-09-2012 12:38 PM

That is awesome Flips, talk about getting a good return on enjoyment for the work you put in !!

I am like all motivated and stuff now to get some stuff done on mine today !!

Alan's Classic 12-09-2012 12:49 PM

With times like this with the truck makes all the long nights worth it. :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

likaroc13 12-09-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5747803)
we took the truck to the local parade today, my youngest(the one holding the dog) and her best friend won 1st and 2nd in a local pagent so they wanted to ride in the truck and throw candy. so after padding the legs on our front porch bench and laying some mudflaps and a comforter in the bed away we went and we had a great time. heres a few pics of our day.

that's great...I always enjoyed participating in parades with my old fullsize...congrats to your daughter & friend, & it's great that they wanted to use the ole truck

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5747822)
heres a picture of the calhoun ga show and go,on the dragstrip leaving the line. it ran a 7.80 on the nose this pass, it really hooked good this time.

that's an awesome pic! definitely looks like you've achieved the show & go motto! :burnout:

chad64chevy 12-09-2012 07:39 PM

congrats on the awards to you and your daughter and friend! that last pic of you at the track, looks like you about got the front tires off the ground! was talking with the wife she's 25 and said by the time shes 40 she wants me to build a 70-72 chevelle for her, i told her by then i can just buy one and she said no i want you to build it! i'm glad shes getting more into old muscle cars and trucks now!! keep the pics coming and dont forget to show me that tach install when you do the voltmeter mod!!

198plus 12-09-2012 11:37 PM

Your truck really turned out nice, I really love it !!!

Dinos63 12-10-2012 12:39 AM

congrats to your daughter and her friend ! and the picture of you lauching your truck my new screen saver very very cool!!

McMurphy 12-10-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5749169)
congrats on the awards to you and your daughter and friend! that last pic of you at the track, looks like you about got the front tires off the ground! was talking with the wife she's 25 and said by the time shes 40 she wants me to build a 70-72 chevelle for her, i told her by then i can just buy one and she said no i want you to build it! i'm glad shes getting more into old muscle cars and trucks now!! keep the pics coming and dont forget to show me that tach install when you do the voltmeter mod!!

[hijack on]
Your wife's sentiment towards you building her a car is real close to the conversation I had with the fellow who did the resto on my wifes '72. He said that for the money we were going to pay him, we could buy one already restored.
I said we could do that, but we would only be buying someone else's project. In doing it our way, we were adding one more to the diminishing population of these fine old muscle cars. In the end, you can buy anything, but it may not be worth it. [hijack off]

Sorry to jack your thread Flips, but this attitude of earning your build really strikes a chord with me !! In a good way of course, and needs to be encouraged IMO, specially in the kids.

Modges'66 12-10-2012 01:27 PM

Sweet launch photo Flip!
Just a few more ponies, and that left front will be off the ground!

flips72 12-10-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5748565)
That is awesome Flips, talk about getting a good return on enjoyment for the work you put in !!

I am like all motivated and stuff now to get some stuff done on mine today !!

thanks McMurphy, yeah i am definitly enjoying it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5748575)
With times like this with the truck makes all the long nights worth it. :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

it sure does, wasnt really expecting to go this quick, but really happy it did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5749073)
that's great...I always enjoyed participating in parades with my old fullsize...congrats to your daughter & friend, & it's great that they wanted to use the ole truck

that's an awesome pic! definitely looks like you've achieved the show & go motto! :burnout:

thanks likaroc, and it is good clean family time, heck i think maggie even had fun(THE DOG)except for the goofy hat:lol: it did kinda surprise me when they asked if i would haul them, but kinda tickled me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5749169)

thanks chad,we have really been blessed when it comes to our children,as far as pulling the wheels, its getting close. funny you should mention the wife and the chevelle, mine is wanting a 70's nova silver with black ss stripes and black vinyl top, and to be honest it wont be real hard to talk me into it:lol:still hav'nt took time to pull the dash back out i have been driving the wheels off it but i promise i will.heck maybe i could get McMurpy and bomp to video it:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 5749664)
Your truck really turned out nice, I really love it !!!

thanks ronnie, its nowhere near the truck you are building but we are enjoying it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5749778)
congrats to your daughter and her friend ! and the picture of you lauching your truck my new screen saver very very cool!!

thanks dino, and you cant imagine how surprised and truly honored i am to have my truck on your screen saver, you absoluty made my day, my stuff dont even come close to comparing to the builds you guys turn out, cant wait to see the next one and if you run out of storage just let me know i have some exrta room:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5750137)
[hijack on]
Your wife's sentiment towards you building her a car is real close to the conversation I had with the fellow who did the resto on my wifes '72. He said that for the money we were going to pay him, we could buy one already restored.
I said we could do that, but we would only be buying someone else's project. In doing it our way, we were adding one more to the diminishing population of these fine old muscle cars. In the end, you can buy anything, but it may not be worth it. [hijack off]

Sorry to jack your thread Flips, but this attitude of earning your build really strikes a chord with me !! In a good way of course, and needs to be encouraged IMO, specially in the kids.

preach on brother;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 5750460)
Sweet launch photo Flip!
Just a few more ponies, and that left front will be off the ground!

yeah, its on the way. it comes in a little blue bottle and makes you giggle in more ways than one:lol:

chad64chevy 12-10-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5750137)
[hijack on]

i had planned on building one anyways, i'm just glad she wants me to build it for her!! it was one of 4 cars i wanted to build anyways, i just want to find one thats complete if not running to start with! i have the web links saved already for the suspension and interior! she said it can be my next project, when i get the truck done!

Bomp 12-10-2012 10:45 PM

I was reading threw your build this morning (again) and looked at your bed side.
Dude. You not only made your truck into a red rocket but you also have some serious metal skillz.:metal:

Modges'66 12-11-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5750660)
yeah, its on the way. it comes in a little blue bottle and makes you giggle in more ways than one:lol:

I know what you mean, I already have a set-up for mine, and I smile every time that I even look at the blue bottle!

flips72 12-11-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5751423)
i had planned on building one anyways, i'm just glad she wants me to build it for her!! it was one of 4 cars i wanted to build anyways, i just want to find one thats complete if not running to start with! i have the web links saved already for the suspension and interior! she said it can be my next project, when i get the truck done!

whats the other 3?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5751498)
I was reading threw your build this morning (again) and looked at your bed side.
Dude. You not only made your truck into a red rocket but you also have some serious metal skillz.:metal:

thanks bomp, but they are nowhere close to yours, but now come to think of it i have been known to sling a few tools from time to time:lol:

chad64chevy 12-15-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5753060)
whats the other 3?

the four i want to build is: my 64 c10, a 67-72 chevelle ( i like the 67 and the 72's), a 60-66 suburban ( the wife has already said i can use are tahoe for parts, like the heated seats, motor, wiring) when i get the chevelle done completely! then i want to build a 69 musthang with a 351c like i had in high school that me and my buddy went halfs on, speedo was broke but the cops were cool and we even had them clock us doing 135mph on a seven mile straight strech of road, all he said was i didnt think this car would go that fast, it looked like a beater from the outside but not under the hood!

i do want to build/own a few more but we'll see how this list goes first! i would like to build each of my kids there own car or truck with there help of course! my second cousin is always finding old muscle cars and stuff! i've bought a few of my truck parts from him from left over parts he had from other builds he has done!

when i visited cousin if tennessee about 8-9yrs ago there was a junkyard just down the street from him that had all kinds of old muscle cars, i even remember seen a used car places that had some relly nice rides, i believe it was right off the highway up on this lil hill, i cant remember the name!