The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   intro + 66 black bagged long fleet (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=449548)

clemdaddy 01-27-2013 07:06 PM

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

ok... ok, i did it. 24 pages of genius. unbelievable work and a vision that developed as your build developed, and that vision is, simply put COOL.

whew! i feel like i just crammed for a test in a class that i skipped out on. you got it going, dude

favorite pic....... page 1, with bulldog.
favorite part......bbc, old school.

i grew up in your town. born there and went through high school there. next time i come over to see the family i would like to visit your shop. i'll bring the suds.

coulter 01-28-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5846851)
good work on the gauge panel and the seat, i have the 60/40 seat drivers seats the 40 and powered!! when i bought them i didnt even now til i got home!! are you going to recover the seat or have someone do it?? anyways keep it up, love the mohawk head

haha sounds like a bonus deal :metal::metal:
im gonna have someone else redo it.. gonna be black leather tuck n roll

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick5 (Post 5846901)
Great job on the seats keep it coming....

Loving the Spark plug Guy!

thanx man :metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5847768)
I would like to find one of those seats too, and I still have time I suppose.

I like the mohawk too, very creative !

i found 3 of those seats in our local junkyard that were all pretty clean and not worn through.. so they shouldnt be too hard to find

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 5848187)
ok... ok, i did it. 24 pages of genius. unbelievable work and a vision that developed as your build developed, and that vision is, simply put COOL.

whew! i feel like i just crammed for a test in a class that i skipped out on. you got it going, dude

favorite pic....... page 1, with bulldog.
favorite part......bbc, old school.

i grew up in your town. born there and went through high school there. next time i come over to see the family i would like to visit your shop. i'll bring the suds.

thanx a bunch man!!! it makes my day to see i could get that cool of a comment from a very talented builder such as yourself :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

glad ur diggin my stuff and thanx for checkin it out! Thats cool you are from my town!! Hit me up next time you get over this way. Im usually off thurs-sat if im not working overtime

flips72 01-28-2013 09:45 PM

you will love the seat, i had the same thing in one of my 68's and almost put one in my 65, they sit great,nice work.

Jmorales3181 01-31-2013 06:58 PM

Nice man! does it mount in the same holes or do u have to drill new ones and does it come with a center seatbelt? I'd like to get one myself but want to make sure my little one can be safe too,so we can hit up all the local car shows. Can't wait to see people's faces when this thing is on the ground. :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 02-01-2013 04:00 AM

im not sure yet.. lol i havent got the far yet :lol::lol:
as for the seatbelts i could have got them but i didnt because they were marroon

Desert.Chevy 02-01-2013 08:50 PM

How big of a notch did you do? How much room do you have under and above the bed?
For the cupped front, can I see a different picture than a side view of the lowers? Thanks.

With all that said, how hight does it sit lowered and how high at ride hight? Thanks again sorry about all the questions.

Jmorales3181 02-04-2013 06:15 PM

Here's a pic of that hitch I was talking about sorry for the poor pic quality....
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...14CF3C5C20.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...36797461D5.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Jmorales3181 02-16-2013 08:16 AM

Dude! Where you been? I had to scroll to the 3rd page to find your thread. Must be working too hard to post up. Hopefully your making good progress buddy!
Posted via Mobile Device

HouldenCaulfield 03-20-2013 11:05 AM

Any updates on this?

I hope to see it around some shows this summer. I want to bag my 64 step, but i am clueless! And, I want to do the automatic like you did.

Great truck!

dbomb53 03-20-2013 08:23 PM

Nice choice on the seat coulter, can't wait to see what you do with it!:metal::::metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 03-21-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 5892113)
Dude! Where you been? I had to scroll to the 3rd page to find your thread. Must be working too hard to post up. Hopefully your making good progress buddy!
Posted via Mobile Device

sry been busy riding my new yz450!!! but dont worry ill have some updates soon. i gotta get this thing done

Quote:

Originally Posted by HouldenCaulfield (Post 5959199)
Any updates on this?

I hope to see it around some shows this summer. I want to bag my 64 step, but i am clueless! And, I want to do the automatic like you did.

Great truck!

updates real soon! and ya i should be able to make it to some shows this year :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbomb53 (Post 5960181)
Nice choice on the seat coulter, can't wait to see what you do with it!:metal::::metal:

Posted via Mobile Device

its at a local upholstery shop. should get it back in a couple weeks

coulter 03-21-2013 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
btw here is y i havent gotten anything done on the weekends..lol

McMurphy 03-21-2013 08:10 PM

That is pretty slick bike.
Bet it looks cool as hell riding in the back of your truck too !!

Nah not a subtle hint at all !! LOL

DLOE65 03-22-2013 06:44 PM

updates...updates... updates.....:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Fattback 03-23-2013 12:36 PM

Just ran across your Build. Amazing build. :metal:

I am looking to do something similar to drop the rear of my 72.

Subscribed

Rob

naynay 03-24-2013 11:47 AM

i've got all the parts sitting here to mimick the rear drop, but im waiting for one of the guys who did it this way to get one on the road and report just how well it rides/handles..

kpc01 03-24-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naynay (Post 5967548)
i've got all the parts sitting here to mimick the rear drop, but im waiting for one of the guys who did it this way to get one on the road and report just how well it rides/handles..

as in dfws naynay?

I am looking to copy something similar to this with my suburban. getting a lot of good ideas from this one!

naynay 03-25-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpc01 (Post 5969030)
as in dfws naynay?

I am looking to copy something similar to this with my suburban. getting a lot of good ideas from this one!

yes, but i dont troll this site :)

Jmorales3181 03-26-2013 06:06 AM

My favorite build is back. Been a while man can't wait to see some updates!
Posted via Mobile Device

Neatbeard 03-26-2013 05:49 PM

Loving this build and the attention to detail. Keep at it fella and keep us updated!

:metal:

coulter 03-27-2013 08:09 AM

thanx for all the cool comments guys!!! i will have some updates this weekend for sure. been working on my sending unit and have to make a bigger pickup tube for my gas tank.. also working more on the wiring

Preacherman5555 03-28-2013 10:59 AM

Real nice work

I love the shop

LDO 03-28-2013 12:41 PM

wow, amazing creativity. You've done some great work!

How difficult was it to hide your spark plug wires?

coulter 04-07-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacherman5555 (Post 5976363)
Real nice work

I love the shop

thanx!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDO (Post 5976540)
wow, amazing creativity. You've done some great work!

How difficult was it to hide your spark plug wires?

it was easy. moroso makes under the header plug wires and they are a perfect fit

coulter 04-07-2013 03:20 AM

5 Attachment(s)
here is a lil update that has been eating up the time.. i installed my sending unit.. it took alot of trys to get the float setup right in that vertical tank and the weird angles. there wasnt room any more for the pickup tube to be with the stewart warner sending unit so i decided to make a new one out of some brake line parts. couldnt find any type of fitting for what i wanted to do so i took a 20mm bolt and drilled a hole through the middle of it..welded a washer to the head of the bolt. slid the tube through and epoxyed it in place..
i had to make some special tools to work through that small hole.. it wasnt fun but i made it work. also i redid all my compressor wiring and got my distribution block wired in

here are some pics