The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Bubba's recycling project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=365170)

Captainfab 11-13-2015 02:02 AM

Re: Bubba's recycling project

It's good to hear from you :D

Also glad to hear the truck is running and driving well.

Grizz1963 11-13-2015 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 7374440)
I haven't been around much lately as work, farming and family have kept me pretty busy.
I paid my membership dues again this year and I am still supporting things here at the site. I guess that I have saved enough time and money by all the help I have gotten here on the site that it is a pretty good bargain!
The 64 has been my daily driver almost non stop this year with never a problem. Okay I did run out of gas once but that was my fault.
I do drive my power stroke when it is raining or when it is extremely hot in the summer, but the sweet little 64 gets the work the rest of the time.
I had plans to do a little body work this fall when a friend offered to help me some , but sadly that did not happen. maybe next spring....
so It drives on.... and its still a blast to drive !!! I never get tired of the smiles, thumbs up and waves from friendly folks who appreciate old trucks

And that is what it is all about.

Thanks for the update too.

likaroc13 11-13-2015 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 7374720)

I was thinking & planning to say the same thing. :lol:

bubba327 11-13-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 7374720)

Captain , We have been making that trip north to Moscow and the Univ of Idaho campus lately, as the youngest daughter is now enrolled as a freshman. Some day maybe we can drive a little farther north to your country. It would be fun to finally meet and see some of your projects..

bubba327 11-14-2015 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7374743)
And that is what it is all about.

Thanks for the update too.

Grizz -- thanks for following along - My oldest daughter ( whom I share ownership of this truck with) spent spring semester 2015 as a international exchange student at Univ of Sterling in Scotland.
My wife and I really wanted to come visit her and tour the UK but just could not get our schedules and flights and everything to come together for it to happen this year.
Daughter visited so many beautiful places in the UK, Spain, France, Italy and Germany and took lots of pictures for us- spent some money and some of the truck parts fund over there too.
maybe someday we can get across the pond to visit...

I like your quote in your signature about "its is an electrical problem if you cannot fix it with a hammer"-- I am a master electrician and a electrical inspector for the local building safety dept- I may borrow that line if you don't mind!!

Captainfab 11-14-2015 02:13 AM

I'm just 90 mi North of Moscow. You're welcome anytime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 7375202)
Captain , We have been making that trip north to Moscow and the Univ of Idaho campus lately, as the youngest daughter is now enrolled as a freshman. Some day maybe we can drive a little farther north to your country. It would be fun to finally meet and see some of your projects..