The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=456163)

chad64chevy 11-04-2013 09:05 PM

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 6346585)
yeah, sorry about not being around much, computers been down, your truck is looking great, cant wait to see it finished.

ya, its ok! if my truck was done I would be driving a lot more then I am on here, lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 6346639)
Very nice progress!! Those are CPP motor perches right?

yes alan, I just drilled two holes so I can mount them in the back set of holes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6346890)
Looking Good Chad...:metal:

thanks don for the comment, and thanks for email those pictures from clems get together, then one with my family with the fire pit was awesome, really captured the flames and made them stand out

BOXER957 11-05-2013 08:22 AM

Chad you achieved your goal! You wanted the motor to have the "Wow factor" You got it! Every time I stop by to check up on you I always scroll back to see what I've missed and I see that motor...Dang, is that thing sweet! I always liked the look of the shotgun scoop and your mix of colors just looks killer. I too am anxiously awaiting the day she comes to life.Keep on keepin on and you'll get there!

chad64chevy 11-09-2013 08:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
this what I did today, my hydro boost lines!

Ta2Don 11-09-2013 09:41 PM

Very Clean...:metal:

chad64chevy 11-09-2013 09:45 PM

thanks don, the hoses might be clean but the frame is dirty, lol! I need to give it a bath!

chad64chevy 11-09-2013 10:04 PM

i'm debating on stripping the hood tomorrow or doing raptor liner in the bed, this next weekend will be to cold to do any painting or the raptor liner! the bed floor needs a lil work before doing the bed liner! looks like someone just throw stuff in the back and dented it up! we will see, I might just strip the hood and start fixing dents in the bed floor

chad64chevy 11-10-2013 08:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
got most of the hood stripped down to bare metal then sprayed etching primer on it, I got a small section left to do! I also got the grille support panel stripped and sprayed with etching primer! lil by lil, but progress is progress!!
looks like rain here next weekend not sure what i'll get done if it rains! I wanted to spray the raptor liner in the bed, but I found a few dents in the hood that needed to be fixed! so I didn't get around to doing the bed this weekend

heres some pics for ya!! everything that green has been stripped down and coated with green etching primer

coulter 11-10-2013 08:15 PM

looking good man!! you are getting pretty close

chad64chevy 11-10-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6357233)

as far as the motor goes I need: spark plugs, thermostat, oil and filter, antifreeze, battery, fuel filter! just to hear it run without the wiring harness in it, yet!! i'm hoping by the end of the month I will hear it run

Ta2Don 11-10-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6357233)

Gotta agree with Coulter, Looking forward to seeing you and your truck at Clem's next go 'round!!!:metal:

NEWFISHER 11-10-2013 10:45 PM

That engine looks bad a$$ !

flips72 11-16-2013 05:15 PM

yep..wont be long now:metal:

chad64chevy 11-18-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWFISHER (Post 6357562)
That engine looks bad a$$ !

thanks fisher, I was going for a wow factor with the motor, another wow factor when be the all steel cowl inducted hood, also hope to do a front tilt hood!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 6367469)
yep..wont be long now :metal:

that's jeff, we will see! I got spark plugs and wires in the truck, thermostat is in the truck, edelbrock fuel filter can in today so ill get that done this next weekend! so now its down to oil and oil filter, antifreeze and a few wires!! we will see what the weather will be like this next weekend!

Ta2Don 11-18-2013 08:58 PM

Ready to Roar!:metal:

Jmorales3181 11-18-2013 11:41 PM

Sounds like your real close can't wait to hear it hope run hope it sounds as good as it looks

chad64chevy 11-24-2013 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6371128)
Ready to Roar!:metal:

thanks don, one step at a time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6371470)
Sounds like your real close can't wait to hear it hope run hope it sounds as good as it looks

I hope so too, lol!! it should be fine, the motor didn't have 5,000 miles before I torn it down to put the new cam and roller rockers and stuff in it!!

while not much to report, I did install the edelbrock fuel filter and cut my braided hose for it! had enough fittings left over from the hydro boost kit, i'll have enough braided hose left to do my transmission hoses!

since its getting cold, I'm changing my pace! I have two tailgates one will be to fix the other, since that's all its good for! really bad pitted and rust thru! but anyways I got one patch done, welded in grinded down, looks good! then I go to take pictures and the battery is died! the tailgate is like a weather project/ practice, I figure if I cant fix the tailgate then I cant fix my doors, but it looks good so we will see! i'll get some picture this thanksgiving weekend since it looks like its going to be in the 50-60 then and not 30-40 like it is now!!

anyways heres the fuel filter and braided hose installed!

chad64chevy 11-28-2013 10:16 AM

just wanted to tell you all have a save happy thanksgiving!

TJ's Chevy 11-28-2013 12:21 PM

Same to ya! And nice going on the truck! Looks awesome!:chevy:

chad64chevy 12-15-2013 02:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well, guys haven't done much lately! been spending time with the family, cause of the holidays and such! ive been playing around with two extra tailgates I have to make one good one! but I been thinking if I can do the tailgate them I know I can to the doors, if I cant do the tailgate someone else will have to do my doors! I started one patch and have the rest marked out, the top edge has a few dents, the inside above the chevy script is bent in in a few places, few dents on the outside! so I started to cut up a extra tailgate I cut out all the good metal that I will use, I'm getting a pieces of 16gauge from my buddy to fill in where the chevy script is, mine is bowed out! so im hoping when done with this lil project my tailgate will look like a plain new tailgate, atleast that's the plan! in the forth pic is the patch I welded on from the red donor tailgate there was a BIG dent was there, looked like a 12lb. sledgehammer at full swing dent, lol!! red donor tailgate has a lot of rust through, not easy to fix like the other one is!!

It's been cold here and that's another reason I haven't done much, plus with planning to move in two months, I'm having to try to get everything lined out for that too!!

anyways enough with the sidetracking, on to the pics!

chad64chevy 12-15-2013 02:05 PM

the motor is still not running yet, been sidetracked and along with this crazy weather, it got put on hold for a lil bit

clemdaddy 12-15-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 6419596)
the motor is still not running yet, been sidetracked and along with this crazy weather, it got put on hold for a lil bit

yeah dude, the weather has been weird. i've burned 4 rick already heating the house. those tailgates are a challenge but you're well on the way to solving it.
if you want help on the doors maybe i can get them done.

anyway... have a great holiday and keep plugging away.

Ta2Don 12-15-2013 02:58 PM

Wow! I thought I had too many irons in the fire... :uhmk:
Keep rockin Chad... you are making good progress...:metal:

Bomp 12-16-2013 11:13 PM

Tailgate body work is a good challenge. You can do it.
So this move in two months. Garage? Shop?

McMurphy 12-16-2013 11:40 PM

I have a keen eye turned to this tailgate project of yours.
I have one coming up soon too.... :metal:

chad64chevy 12-24-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6419645)
yeah dude, the weather has been weird. i've burned 4 rick already heating the house. those tailgates are a challenge but you're well on the way to solving it.
if you want help on the doors maybe i can get them done.

anyway... have a great holiday and keep plugging away.

I may take you up on the doors but not at these moment, got to get a few things off my plate first, have a merry Christmas and happy new year!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6419671)
Wow! I thought I had too many irons in the fire... :uhmk:
Keep rockin Chad... you are making good progress...:metal:

thanks don, we both need to get movin on these trucks we only have 10 months, merry Christmas and happy new year!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6421975)
Tailgate body work is a good challenge. You can do it.
So this move in two months. Garage? Shop?

not to sure about garage or shop yet, the guy at work his dad sold the house I was going to get last month, I want a garage at the least if not both, merry Christmas and happy new year!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6422039)
I have a keen eye turned to this tailgate project of yours.
I have one coming up soon too.... :metal:

mcmurphy, my tailgate mod. is no where near the mods. you have been doing on the grille and headlights! its just some practice on some free tailgates I have and we will see how it comes out! merry Christmas and happy new year!!

merry Christmas and happy new year to all my cyber brothers!!