The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

GOPAPA 06-13-2020 03:56 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8599670)
I know everyone likes photos on this site
Let’s see what you’ve got
Keep it simple
Only (1) photo per post
And an explanation

It can be truck related
But does not have to be

However
You must be the one who took the shot

Thanks for playing along

I did not remember this being in KALAMATH Ca. the car was a new 93 so it must of been that year I drove our car thru the tree ,, wife was hollaring while I was slowly driving thru that "Youre Not Going to make it "

OOPS ! I broke the rules,the wife took the photo of me and the car..

Have any others on here driven thru this tree?

Attachment 2024126

Killer Bee 06-13-2020 04:13 PM

^ not in Kalamath but a couple others in the sierras, one you drive on and at least one through.. I think there are a few of them..

Mr. Bee showing off her impressive stretching skills :lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/302fl4fad36...0tree.JPG?dl=0

LS short box 06-13-2020 04:43 PM

Nice 6 point in Yellowstone a couple of years ago.

LS short box 06-13-2020 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot pic

FirstOwner69 06-14-2020 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8757047)
I did not remember this being in KALAMATH Ca. the car was a new 93 so it must of been that year I drove our car thru the tree ,, wife was hollaring while I was slowly driving thru that "Youre Not Going to make it "

OOPS ! I broke the rules,the wife took the photo of me and the car..

Attachment 2024126

Not through that one, but here's a picture I took in Yosemite in August, 1968, with my '65 Impala SS "in" the tree. That tree, the Wawona Tunnel Tree, fell during the winter a few months later.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawona_Tree

special-K 06-14-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8757047)

Attachment 2024126

Yep, about 20 years earlier when I lived in Humboldt County (Fortuna). I sure loved living where the Redwoods grow, groves all over. It's a different feeling being among those giants. I miss that place

The Rocknrod 06-14-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8757357)
Yep, about 20 years earlier when I lived in Humboldt County (Fortuna). I sure loved living where the Redwoods grow, groves all over. It's a different feeling being among those giants. I miss that place

Wow, I used to go to Fortuna all the time when I was a kid. Greg Baired lived there, he was a hot rodder back then. Mark Hendrickson and his uncle Mickey who owned a dump truck he worked lived there. I had a friend who owned a cabin in Panther Gap we used to get there through Matole Road off of 101, walked there once from 101 in fact, that was back in the 70's.

special-K 06-14-2020 11:20 AM

isn't that something? Long time ago, huh? I lived out behind town on Hillside drive. I don't remember many names, especially last names. I don't have a scanner rigged up, but I should snap a shot of a print from back then.

CG 06-14-2020 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a ton of stuff done today, things I have been putting off a long time. One of them was to get my 41 Cadillac out of the barn and hopefully send it down the road. A random purposeful picture.

Ol Blue K20 06-14-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8757643)
Got a ton of stuff done today, things I have been putting off a long time. One of them was to get my 41 Cadillac out of the barn and hopefully send it down the road. A random purposeful picture.

I like that Caddy, but hopefully you'll find someone to love more and get it going.

FleetsidePaul 06-14-2020 07:47 PM

My driveway. I snapped this one today.

Being unemployed isn't so bad. I'm getting used to it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/Driveway.jpg

dave6672 06-14-2020 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got finished mowing the grass, came inside and sat down with a cool glass of water. This was my view out the window and I thought, "Best looking trucks ever made!"

Sheepdip 06-14-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 8757719)
I got finished mowing the grass, came inside and sat down with a cool glass of water. This was my view out the window and I thought, "Best looking trucks ever made!"

Darn Toot'n they are, became instantly collectable in September of 73

special-K 06-14-2020 08:43 PM

Yep. 67-72 GM trucks in the driveway (or garage w/door open) are a home improvement. Yours are top grade improvements.
EDIT: Sheepdip is right. Instant classics

CG, what motor is in it? Get a good number to list it at and hold taught! The attitude here iif they don't like the price is, "Fine. Good luck finding another at any price". You've really got something there.

72c20customcamper 06-14-2020 08:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Fun yesterday

1976gmc20 06-14-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8757759)
Fun yesterday

Loader bucket heel boom!

Never seen anyone else figure that out. ;)

I had a buddy with an old Allis tractor that I hired to skid and sort logs, etc. I welded a piece of angle iron along the top edge of his loader bucket with one flange pointing down. He could slide the bucket under the end of a log and then lift the bucket and the top of the log would catch on the angle iron and the whole log would then come off the ground like that. No chains or tongs. He was actually doing it before adding the angle iron but it only caught about half the time.

It doesn't seem like too big of a deal out in a meadow like in your picture, but it is a big deal when you are moving logs on a narrow sidehill road.

CG 06-14-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8757740)
Yep. 67-72 GM trucks in the driveway (or garage w/door open) are a home improvement. Yours are top grade improvements.
EDIT: Sheepdip is right. Instant classics

CG, what motor is in it? Get a good number to list it at and hold taught! The attitude here iif they don't like the price is, "Fine. Good luck finding another at any price". You've really got something there.

It has a 70's Nova front clip. Caddy 500 cu, turbo 400, and I believe the rear end is out of the same Caddy they got the engine and trans from

72c20customcamper 06-15-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8757771)
Loader bucket heel boom!

Never seen anyone else figure that out. ;)

I had a buddy with an old Allis tractor that I hired to skid and sort logs, etc. I welded a piece of angle iron along the top edge of his loader bucket with one flange pointing down. He could slide the bucket under the end of a log and then lift the bucket and the top of the log would catch on the angle iron and the whole log would then come off the ground like that. No chains or tongs. He was actually doing it before adding the angle iron but it only caught about half the time.

It doesn't seem like too big of a deal out in a meadow like in your picture, but it is a big deal when you are moving logs on a narrow sidehill road.

Trying to do as little damage to the grass as possible. I'm going to try the angle iron . Pain in the butt working alone and getting on an off hooking up the chain

davischevy 06-15-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8758015)
Trying to do as little damage to the grass as possible. I'm going to try the angle iron . Pain in the butt working alone and getting on an off hooking up the chain

On your way down to a rally, I need you to stop by here and fell a tree for me. I have a big ole oak tree that died and it's too close to the neighbors house for me to do it comfortably. I would rather somebody else fell it on the neighbors house. :lol::lol:

I have a big ole chainsaw and beer. I can hold your beer.

1976gmc20 06-15-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8758015)

Figured you wouldn't want to weld on your nice painted tractor. Maybe you could drill a couple 1/2" holes and bolt it on.

I had an 8' heel boom with a set of old fashioned tongs that I bolted on the blade of my Cat. Pretty much needed a helper with the tongs, though sometimes I could get them to drop on the log. Just up and down so I had no way to take off the pressure on the tongs without setting it down on something. I would load usually the small end on the trailer with the log heeled and then let down the other end and turn the Cat just enough to clear the heel and then load the big end on the truck. Still had to get off or have someone flip the tongs over the log to get free. Don't know if that makes any sense ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8758102)
On your way down to a rally, I need you to stop by here and fell a tree for me. I have a big ole oak tree that died and it's too close to the neighbors house for me to do it comfortably. I would rather somebody else fell it on the neighbors house. :lol::lol:

I have a big ole chainsaw and beer. I can hold your beer.

I actually do stuff like that once in a while around our neighborhood, but we don't have gnarly oak trees here. It was a good way to make $100 in a couple hours.

FleetsidePaul 06-15-2020 11:51 AM

I hope my dog never figures out that he can jump that fence.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/3_Amigos.jpg

Liz 06-15-2020 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2024778

Ol Blue K20 06-15-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8758192)

:lol::lol::lol: normalcy in today's world:metal:

72c20customcamper 06-15-2020 05:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8758115)
Figured you wouldn't want to weld on your nice painted tractor. Maybe you could drill a couple 1/2" holes and bolt it on.

I had an 8' heel boom with a set of old fashioned tongs that I bolted on the blade of my Cat. Pretty much needed a helper with the tongs, though sometimes I could get them to drop on the log. Just up and down so I had no way to take off the pressure on the tongs without setting it down on something. I would load usually the small end on the trailer with the log heeled and then let down the other end and turn the Cat just enough to clear the heel and then load the big end on the truck. Still had to get off or have someone flip the tongs over the log to get free. Don't know if that makes any sense ...

I actually do stuff like that once in a while around our neighborhood, but we don't have gnarly oak trees here. It was a good way to make $100 in a couple hours.

this little bota takes abuse. The bucket is just a little off anyways. Did some more today . Good thing I'm staying on my property

Killer Bee 06-15-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8758308)
this little bota takes abuse. The bucket is just a little off anyways. Did some more today . Good thing I'm staying on my property

can't decide which I like more, the kubota or the hat! :metal:

doing nice work with both :D