The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   my 65 fleetside build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=442370)

chad64chevy 12-15-2012 11:56 AM

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5750660)
thanks chad,we have really been blessed when it comes to our children,as far as pulling the wheels, its getting close. funny you should mention the wife and the chevelle, mine is wanting a 70's nova silver with black ss stripes and black vinyl top, and to be honest it wont be real hard to talk me into it:lol:still hav'nt took time to pull the dash back out i have been driving the wheels off it but i promise i will.heck maybe i could get McMurpy and bomp to video it:lol:

my wife wants the chevelle to be like a jade green with tan interior and the ss stripes to match the interior, no vinyl top for us! i asked her bbc or sbc, she wants the gas mileage of the sbc and overdrive, she said as long as she can get the same or better gas mileage as the tahoe, she dont care about how much horsepower it has as long as she will be able to drive it! it wasnt hard for her to talk me into it either, i just asked her a few simple questions about (her) details and i said ok i'll do it!

McMurphy 12-15-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5759474)
my wife wants the chevelle to be like a jade green with tan interior and the ss stripes to match the interior, no vinyl top for us! i asked her bbc or sbc, she wants the gas mileage of the sbc and overdrive, she said as long as she can get the same or better gas mileage as the tahoe, she dont care about how much horsepower it has as long as she will be able to drive it! it wasnt hard for her to talk me into it either, i just asked her a few simple questions about (her) details and i said ok i'll do it!

My wife's 72 LeMans has a Pontiac 350 in it.... I swear this was her idea, but..... all she wants added to it are exhaust cut outs!!
So that when she is side by side with one of those lawn mower rice rockets, and they give her the rennn rennn rennn , she can open those dumps up and give them back a nice WAAAAPPP WAAAAAPPP WAAAAAAPPP !!

:devil:

My dear wife is not truely evil, she just dresses that way !

allaboutchevelles 12-24-2012 12:56 AM

Hey Flips, Your truck is looking good. Nice to see you out enjoying it. I love the pic of the launch off the line. Seems you need a new project now!!

flips72 12-25-2012 09:05 PM

thanks tony, we have been thrashing it pretty hard,as far as the new project goes i have been eyeing a 55 big window thats about ten miles from the house just been afraid to stop, he might actually want ot get rid of it:lol:merry christmas to you and yours, hope the girls a have a ball.

flips72 01-19-2013 08:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ok, several have been wanting to see some pics of my brothers 67 custom cab so i drove mine down to his house today and we toook some pics of both the trucks together, notice i finally broke down and put the rear bumper on:lol:

coulter 01-19-2013 08:41 PM

nice man!!! both trucks are very clean and look great :metal::metal::metal:

flips72 01-19-2013 08:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
a few more

flips72 01-19-2013 08:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
and a few more, notice the intercooler in his

flips72 01-19-2013 08:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
couple more

likaroc13 01-19-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 5828996)
nice man!!! both trucks are very clean and look great :metal::metal::metal:

x2, & a couple hot rods as well :metal:

coulter 01-19-2013 09:25 PM

ya glad i checked back!! i bet that turbo setup is fun!!!!!!!!!

Bomp 01-19-2013 10:57 PM

Those are both cover material. x2

Ta2Don 01-19-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5829364)

Ditto...:metal:

chad64chevy 01-19-2013 11:26 PM

nice pics jeff, your brothers truck is really nice! so when he took it to the dyno what was the horsepower? was it what he was hoping for? and yes those both are cover material!

Dinos63 01-20-2013 11:35 AM

WOW both trucks are so sweet!i was about to say bet yours is faster and then POW! saw the turbo :lol::lol: i still bet yours is faster:lol::lol: cool pics

rmvlt1100 01-20-2013 11:51 AM

Flips seeing two different generations of American Built Trucks together like that is outstanding. It looks like it could be a calendar shot. Both of the trucks are flawless. Love the trucks. :flag: :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

McMurphy 01-20-2013 02:11 PM

I have to echo the cover shots remarks!
I always dig the magazine articles when they do a husband/wife, brothers, or father/son build story.
I think this would qualify !!

Great photos man.

(Thanks for keeping tabs on me too....!!) :metal:

flips72 01-20-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5829060)
x2, & a couple hot rods as well :metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 5829108)
ya glad i checked back!! i bet that turbo setup is fun!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5829364)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 5829374)
Ditto...:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5829426)
nice pics jeff, your brothers truck is really nice! so when he took it to the dyno what was the horsepower? was it what he was hoping for? and yes those both are cover material!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5830161)
WOW both trucks are so sweet!i was about to say bet yours is faster and then POW! saw the turbo :lol::lol: i still bet yours is faster:lol::lol: cool pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmvlt1100 (Post 5830183)
Flips seeing two different generations of American Built Trucks together like that is outstanding. It looks like it could be a calendar shot. Both of the trucks are flawless. Love the trucks. :flag: :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5830467)
I have to echo the cover shots remarks!
I always dig the magazine articles when they do a husband/wife, brothers, or father/son build story.
I think this would qualify !!

Great photos man.

(Thanks for keeping tabs on me too....!!) :metal:

thanks guys for all the kind words, my brothers truck is much nicer than mine and he has always been the one that has had me interested in the the trucks and hot rods, i have a lot of cool memories riding around with him in his roadrunners and lemans, v8 vegas and so on, he has always had something quick i am just now starting to catch up to his shadow, but anyway. the turbo set-up is going to be very quick right its only making 319hp at the rear wheels but he found the seat wasnt in the wastegate and the tuner said they might have to wipe out the hummer computer and go to a 05 truck so they could get some timing in it, still a few bugs but he will get it. as far as who has the fastest i am sure he will, hoping for a 7.0 or maybe a high 6 when all is done. but there is a bottle in my future:lol: and again thanks for the kind words all were appreciated.

Alan's Classic 01-20-2013 06:39 PM

Very nice!!

allaboutchevelles 01-20-2013 08:33 PM

Very Nice Jeff, Your Brothers truck is really nice. Looks like its almost the color of my daily driver. So Im still waiting to see pics of that 55 big back window for your next project.....

62 Barnfind 01-20-2013 09:08 PM

Sweet trucks!

oldgoldchevy 01-22-2013 11:25 AM

sweet rides. :chevy:

Modges'66 01-22-2013 12:54 PM

Wow!!!
What a super-clean LS/Turbo set-up!
That will make for a great driver when all the bugs are worked out.
Congrats to you & your Bro! What a really fine pair!

clemdaddy 01-22-2013 05:10 PM

dude... i've been in the dark here. completely missed out on this great truck buildup. made for a great read too. nice work!:metal: and geez, you could be a pro photographer. wow!

i need to get out more...

flips72 01-24-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5830908)
Very nice!!

Thanks Alan
Quote:

Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles (Post 5831192)
Very Nice Jeff, Your Brothers truck is really nice. Looks like its almost the color of my daily driver. So Im still waiting to see pics of that 55 big back window for your next project.....

Thanks tony just about talked myself out of asking about it for now supposed to go check out a 69ss Chevelle in Atlanta with a buddy sat might just be what the doctor ordered
Quote:

Originally Posted by 62 Barnfind (Post 5831288)
Sweet trucks!

Thanks man
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgoldchevy (Post 5834942)
sweet rides. :chevy:

Appreciate it
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 5835140)
Wow!!!
What a super-clean LS/Turbo set-up!
That will make for a great driver when all the bugs are worked out.
Congrats to you & your Bro! What a really fine pair!

Thanks modge he will have a sweet ride for sure I think the turbo is the way to go
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 5835705)
dude... i've been in the dark here. completely missed out on this great truck buildup. made for a great read too. nice work!:metal: and geez, you could be a pro photographer. wow!

i need to get out more...

thanks Clem, not to sure on the photographer though, i don't think our trucks compare to yours though,you defiantly have some serious building skills
Posted via Mobile Device