The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project: Shiro (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=608085)

C10_ustacould 06-28-2015 01:07 PM

Re: Project: Shiro

Cab and doors...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=674992

Chassis...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=675041

Wheels and tires...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=674741

C10_ustacould 07-09-2015 05:59 PM

It's official, the first piece left this afternoon. The rear bumper has found a good home on a ochre swb fleetside here in town.

rydeordie 07-09-2015 08:24 PM

Would you say that the level 1 Coilover setup is equivalent to a 4/6 drop?

C10_ustacould 07-09-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydeordie (Post 7236118)
Would you say that the level 1 Coilover setup is equivalent to a 4/6 drop?

I would, and that is what the guys at Porterbuilt said.

C10_ustacould 07-13-2015 11:36 AM

Well, I have deposits galore, hope to start delivering this stuff soon. :metal:

Still need to sell the chassis, wheels, and fuel tank.

Coursey 07-13-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 7239686)
Well, I have deposits galore, hope to start delivering this stuff soon. :metal:

Still need to sell the chassis, wheels, and fuel tank.

That's awesome! Good luck on the rest!

lolife99 07-13-2015 11:54 AM

congrats on getting stuff sold,...

nlped 07-13-2015 05:59 PM

That's good (& bad) Ernie. I hate to see you bow out on the build this far along, but I understand that these toys are certainly a financial risk. I hope you don't leave us once Shiro is parted... If the tank goes up for sale separate from the frame, put me on the list as a buyer.

Take care...

C10_ustacould 07-13-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coursey (Post 7239691)
That's awesome! Good luck on the rest!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 7239710)
congrats on getting stuff sold,...

Thanks guys I feel fortunate, as it seems to be going pretty well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlped (Post 7240034)
That's good (& bad) Ernie. I hate to see you bow out on the build this far along, but I understand that these toys are certainly a financial risk. I hope you don't leave us once Shiro is parted... If the tank goes up for sale separate from the frame, put me on the list as a buyer.

Take care...

I'm very comfortable with our decision. Regarding the tank, I will put you on the list there are a few ahead of you.

Malamute 07-13-2015 09:02 PM

Congrats........I guess. I hope another truck is in your future.

C10_ustacould 07-19-2015 10:37 AM

Going live on eBay at noon central time...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231627112519...2519&viewitem=

Advanced Design 07-19-2015 07:39 PM

Good luck with the auction Buck. Hope it goes high for you. Your truck will be a great starting point for someone building a really nice one.

C10_ustacould 07-19-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 7246280)
Good luck with the auction Buck. Hope it goes high for you. Your truck will be a great starting point for someone building a really nice one.

Thanks bro! I hope it gets a new home with someone that can do it justice.

Coursey 07-20-2015 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 7245789)
Going live on eBay at noon central time...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231627112519...2519&viewitem=

Good Luck Buck!

C10_ustacould 07-20-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coursey (Post 7246952)
Good Luck Buck!

Thanks Wes!

72BlckButy 07-20-2015 09:56 PM

Good luck with the sale.

C10_ustacould 07-20-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 7248453)
Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Nate, got a message from a guy in the UK that's interested... that will be interesting.

72BlckButy 07-20-2015 10:24 PM

Hope it works out. That's where a lot of trucks have been shipped over the last few years so that's a good sign.

C10_ustacould 07-22-2015 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shiro's power plant is now an LSnone. :lol:

Here is Chris (Bowtie468) leaving with the new heartbeat for Miss Dawn's 63 Nova. I'm very happy it's going to a good home. :chevy:
Attachment 1428683

smbrouss70 07-23-2015 08:58 AM

:metal: That engine/trans is going to make that little car SCOOT!

Hart_Rod 07-23-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 7250707)
Shiro's power plant is now an LSnone. :lol:

Here is Chris (Bowtie468) leaving with the new heartbeat for Miss Dawn's 63 Nova. I'm very happy it's going to a good home. :chevy:
Attachment 1428683

Heck yeah!!!! Let me know if you need any help Chris.

Bowtie468 07-24-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 7251101)
Heck yeah!!!! Let me know if you need any help Chris.

Will do Rob !
Posted via Mobile Device

C10_ustacould 08-15-2015 04:05 PM

The remaining parts from the dismemberment of Shiro are available in the classifieds...

C10_ustacould 08-20-2015 08:53 PM

Man getting out of the C10 business is like the song Hotel California...

"You can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave!"

LPoole 08-20-2015 09:04 PM

Great ! Now the Eagles are stuck in my head... thx a lot lol. Seriously, I'm sorry you had to get rid of your old truck. Was a great start for someone on their builds. Not the end of the world though, just get you another one someday and start all over. Will be even more fun next time around.

C10_ustacould 08-20-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPoole (Post 7280171)
Great ! Now the Eagles are stuck in my head... thx a lot lol. Seriously, I'm sorry you had to get rid of your old truck. Was a great start for someone on their builds. Not the end of the world though, just get you another one someday and start all over. Will be even more fun next time around.

Sorry about that, at least it's a good song right? :lol: I don't mind a bit getting rid of my truck it's the right thing to do, I just wish it would go faster. In the meantime, did you know that member atvpro can build a crew cab? This is exactly the problem; there's always some new cool stuff to look at and dream about.

Malamute 08-21-2015 09:28 AM

Good luck with the final parts Buck. I have no doubt there will be a replacement somewhere down the road!

C10_ustacould 08-21-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malamute (Post 7280572)
Good luck with the final parts Buck. I have no doubt there will be a replacement somewhere down the road!

Thanks Dan, it's a possibilty but we have some family goals that need to be met first.

C10_ustacould 08-25-2015 08:42 PM

So a guy who bid on my truck on fleabay asked me if I had sold it. I responded that it was still available but that I only had the cab/doors and the chassis. He asked what I wanted for it and told him, to which he responded...

"For that price I will have to pass, I realize you have a lot of money and time in it and if you get it back you will be 1 of the first. If you ever change your mind on the price shoot me an email."

So, if I read this correctly he doesn't want to buy it because I'm not losing enough money?

smbrouss70 08-25-2015 09:44 PM

Everybody is an expert now. When selling they want Barrett-Jackson prices, when buying they want Goodwill prices. It's just the way the world works now. I saw a 1970 long step with 6 cyl. 3OTT and not one straight body panel on ebay for $20K the other day because he says it has 42,000 original miles. By looking at the shape of the fairly undesirable truck, I'm guessing it was probably 242,000 miles.

C10_ustacould 08-25-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smbrouss70 (Post 7287913)
Everybody is an expert now. When selling they want Barrett-Jackson prices, when buying they want Goodwill prices. It's just the way the world works now. I saw a 1970 long step with 6 cyl. 3OTT and not one straight body panel on ebay for $20K the other day because he says it has 42,000 original miles. By looking at the shape of the fairly undesirable truck, I'm guessing it was probably 242,000 miles.

Yep, I think I'll do an internet pay-per-view event where I smash the crap out of all this stuff. Maybe I can get some money back through fees paid to watch me act like a fool! :lol:

Advanced Design 08-25-2015 10:31 PM

Hang in there Buck. Everybody wants a deal...or a steal. If stars were aligned a little better I would be really interested in your chassis. It will save the right buyer a little money and a ton of work.

C10_ustacould 08-26-2015 10:14 PM

Here is today's response from the fleabay wheeler and dealer...

“I don't want to offend you, but when custom builds are done/started and not completed normally people end up getting half or less then what they have in parts/labor. So if you are willing to except an offer in that area? I know the truck is nice, but there is 30000 to finish at least to keep it the way you have started the project.”

And my response...

“It is offensive. These parts haven't been degraded they have been enhanced. The wait for the Porterbuilt suspension parts is 10 to 12 weeks but I'm offering a completed chassis available for delivery today. There is a ton of time in putting this chassis together and I busted MY knuckles along the way. Instead of capitalizing on a what is already a killer deal you are looking to steal it. If you don't see the benefit in the cost and labor savings I can't help you. If you are not interested in paying the price I quoted we won't do business and that suits me just fine. Normally I would wish you luck in your search, but I can't do that, because if you find a deal to your liking then some hard working truck enthusiast is being taken advantage of and that would be a shame. – Buck”

sduckworth13 08-26-2015 10:27 PM

It's kind of funny people are trying to make a case for you to lower your price, because what you have are solid pieces and it's nothing that is going to have to be gone back through. That in it's self is worth a piece of mind to the potential buyer.

C10_ustacould 08-26-2015 11:07 PM

Some people think that they have to buy parts for less than the selling price even if it is already a good deal. I guess it makes them feel superior or something. I like to help someone out and I like to acknowledge that they are helping me by buying my stuff, I tell them I appreciate them doing business. I just think it's BS to tell someone that is taking a 20% loss they aren't losing enough.

Coursey 08-27-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C10_ustacould (Post 7288984)
Here is today's response from the fleabay wheeler and dealer...

“I don't want to offend you, but when custom builds are done/started and not completed normally people end up getting half or less then what they have in parts/labor. So if you are willing to except an offer in that area? I know the truck is nice, but there is 30000 to finish at least to keep it the way you have started the project.”

And my response...

“It is offensive. These parts haven't been degraded they have been enhanced. The wait for the Porterbuilt suspension parts is 10 to 12 weeks but I'm offering a completed chassis available for delivery today. There is a ton of time in putting this chassis together and I busted MY knuckles along the way. Instead of capitalizing on a what is already a killer deal you are looking to steal it. If you don't see the benefit in the cost and labor savings I can't help you. If you are not interested in paying the price I quoted we won't do business and that suits me just fine. Normally I would wish you luck in your search, but I can't do that, because if you find a deal to your liking then some hard working truck enthusiast is being taken advantage of and that would be a shame. – Buck”

Well said!

I ran into this a lot with selling the Biscayne. I couldn't help but laugh in a guys face and walk off one time when the offer was a third of my asking price. Had another guy waste my whole day looking at the car, driving it, etc. Then he said well i think i want a Camaro! I nicely told him to go find one and leave! Tire Kickers!!

sambrutay 08-27-2015 07:45 AM

Coursey, Sold the Biscayne huh? Awesome. Good luck with the sell Buck. It was a roller coaster ride watching on instagram . I understand the family comes first deal.

slowcpe 08-27-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coursey (Post 7289295)
Well said!

I ran into this a lot with selling the Biscayne. I couldn't help but laugh in a guys face and walk off one time when the offer was a third of my asking price. Had another guy waste my whole day looking at the car, driving it, etc. Then he said well i think i want a Camaro! I nicely told him to go find one and leave! Tire Kickers!!

Yeah I had something like that happen when I put my Mustang up for sale. Had guy come and spend almost an entire Sunday at the house, took the car for about a 30 mile test drive, ran his errands, did some highway pulls, etc. Told him up front I was firm on my price well before he showed up at the house. He then later offered me about 20% less than what I was asking because he wanted to do a few things different to the car. I told him I didn't care what he wanted to do with the car, the price is what it is. Take it or stop wasting my time.

If I had the cash Buck I would love to have the cab and doors. Would save me a lot of time and hassle. If I were to take that much out of Jen's new car fund, I'm pretty sure I'd have problems :lol: :devil:

C10_ustacould 08-27-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coursey (Post 7289295)
Well said!

I know everyone wants to get a good deal, but if something is already priced well why look the gift horse in the mouth? I just don't get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambrutay (Post 7289313)
Coursey, Sold the Biscayne huh? Awesome. Good luck with the sell Buck. It was a roller coaster ride watching on instagram . I understand the family comes first deal.

Yep, he put it down the road but he's still got his sweet fleetside. If I ever buy another truck it would be something like that truck. Low static drop, truck rallys, and as close to factory looking as it could be. However, I doubt that will ever happen as I have quite a few things on my priority list that trump having another truck.

Rochlow 08-27-2015 07:24 PM

I've had this happen recently.. quoted a price, sent pics, description, etc. Asked if that was my final price, we talked and I came down 2 grand.. The next day I was offered 6 grand less on top of the 2 I had already came down..

I just didn't bother to respond..