The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 02-06-2021 05:12 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean (Post 8875575)
That sounds expensive. I don't have a clue what heating oil costs.

Yeah I hadn't cared about trying to fix it. The a/c works great the other 11 and a half months. :D It just needed a heat pump compatible thermostat.

Not too bad now around 2.15 a gallon .

My little rubber transmission line turned out to be the external cooler . The factory replacement is $347.59 .... not . Going to put a 79$ dollar aftermarket on it . For now I just bypassed it to move it around

72c20customcamper 02-06-2021 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
While I was fixing the xl7 the power went out . So far it been 4 hours central Hudson says 10 pm but they also said at 4 o’clock 8 pm . So having a homemade mulled hard apple cider with Burban . Cheers

Steeveedee 02-06-2021 09:12 PM

Working on a wood carving out in the garage "shop". Shirtsleeves. I had to take off the flannel shirt when I started doing some real work. This thing may be finished before I die.

Ol Blue K20 02-06-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8876144)
While I was fixing the xl7 the power went out . So far it been 4 hours central Hudson says 10 pm but they also said at 4 o’clock 8 pm . So having a homemade mulled hard apple cider with Burban . Cheers

mmmmmm....we think alike:tim::tim:

FleetsidePaul 02-07-2021 01:57 AM

I cranked my Gretch Streamliner up on my old Washburn amp.(It's a loud one) :metal:

Then my wife screamed at me that I had about 2 seconds to stop or I would get divorced again.:(

She just doesn't appreciate good music. Or maybe she just didn't hear any. :smoke:

4u2nv 02-07-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

And in your favorite mug

FleetsidePaul 02-07-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Your hand is looking good Mark. Seems like it's healing up nicely. :)

72c20customcamper 02-07-2021 11:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
That one only had a few stitches just before surgery. But both have healed nicely. My hands have never been so soft and clean

special-K 02-07-2021 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday afternoon the snow on the slab in front of my barn got soft enough to clear spots to set deck blocks. I decided building a temporary shed to move things from in my barn to was the thing to do, until the move is done. I brought home the deck blocks and 4x4s Friday, already had the 2x8. Only, not all four pieces I needed were under the tarp. Turned out a lot of pieces were shorter.

I got the posts and all but one of the beams up. Woke up to snow

Ol Blue K20 02-07-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8876484)
Yesterday afternoon the snow on the slab in front of my barn got soft enough to clear spots to set deck blocks. I decided building a temporary shed to move things from in my barn to was the thing to do, until the move is done. I brought home the deck blocks and 4x4s Friday, already had the 2x8. Only, not all four pieces I needed were under the tarp. Turned out a lot of pieces were shorter.

Brrrrrrrr!! :lol:

Just call me Sean 02-07-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8876484)

I was wondering why you were moving a barn a little bit, but never read back carefully enough to see why. I think I see why now. :D

special-K 02-07-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean (Post 8876506)
I was wondering why you were moving a barn a little bit, but never read back carefully enough to see why. I think I see why now. :D

I need to have Guinness Book of World Records come take a look at that bohemous tree! I'm working toward moving on from this place, so this is my minimalist way of solving the tree into the building deterrent. I'd like to trim the tree and prefer leaving it standing anyway.

67C10Step 02-08-2021 09:53 AM

Spent the weekend removing old caulk from the master bathroom shower and recaulking. Pulled down the vent fan/light for some cleanup, too. Brought my small compressor in the house with my brad nail gun and fixed up some loose baseboard trim as well. Been working on my truck for the past 2-3 weekends so I decided to knock out a few off my honey do list before she started feeling slighted.

FleetsidePaul 02-08-2021 11:59 AM

I'm just playing around in the the stock market.

It beats working for a living.

My latest... Dogecoin. I got in early :)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...edium/doge.jpg

57taskforce 02-08-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Is that your reflection I see in your mug?:lol: Glad your hand is doing better!

Rich84 02-08-2021 12:24 PM

The wife and I drove home from Salem Ma. yesterday right into a snowstorm for about 100 miles. The roads were pretty greasy but I took my time and we made it home in one piece. Came home to a freezing cold house (43*). The furnace was not running. It seems that the oil delivery that I got on Friday must have had quite a bit of water in it. I had to drain almost 5 gallons of water and oil to clean it out. Thank God nothing in the house froze. Not sure how long the heat was out, we were gone for the weekend.

72c20customcamper 02-09-2021 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought a rear diff for my dodge 3500 cast rotted away not the tube or cover :crazy: found it's a common problem with AAM rears . Picture of the rot hole that I sealed with JBWeld so I could use it around the yard . Truck isnt used much in winter so limited salt exposure. Rest of the undercarriage is in nice shape

Recycler Rear came off a southern truck

72c20customcamper 02-09-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8877018)
The wife and I drove home from Salem Ma. yesterday right into a snowstorm for about 100 miles. The roads were pretty greasy but I took my time and we made it home in one piece. Came home to a freezing cold house (43*). The furnace was not running. It seems that the oil delivery that I got on Friday must have had quite a bit of water in it. I had to drain almost 5 gallons of water and oil to clean it out. Thank God nothing in the house froze. Not sure how long the heat was out, we were gone for the weekend.

Hope you called the company . That happened to me at my rental home company paid to pump out the tank refill. And the tune up on the furnace and water heater. At least the renters were home when the heat crapped out

72c20customcamper 02-09-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8877011)
Is that your reflection I see in your mug?:lol: Glad your hand is doing better!

Ya I should use non reflective things when I take pictures

Steeveedee 02-09-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8877596)
Bought a rear diff for my dodge 3500 cast rotted away not the tube or cover :crazy: found it's a common problem with AAM rears . Picture of the rot hole that I sealed with JBWeld so I could use it around the yard . Truck isnt used much in winter so limited salt exposure. Rest of the undercarriage is in nice shape

Last time I had a diff looking like that I could pick out shrapnel.

LONGHAIR 02-09-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8877596)

I have seen several diffs (front and rear) that were cracked for various reasons, mostly under the general category of abuse, but I have never seen one rust out? How the heck does something full of oil rust like that?

LONGHAIR 02-09-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8877598)
Hope you called the company . That happened to me at my rental home company paid to pump out the tank refill. And the tune up on the furnace and water heater. At least the renters were home when the heat crapped out

Agreed totally! I would have been more than livid over that!

72c20customcamper 02-09-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 8877735)
I have seen several diffs (front and rear) that were cracked for various reasons, mostly under the general category of abuse, but I have never seen one rust out? How the heck does something full of oil rust like that?

I've had oil pans and trans pans rot out. Never a cast iron rear .

Black_Sheep 02-09-2021 10:15 PM

I took the training class to renew my CCW permit. Good for another 5 years...

FleetsidePaul 02-10-2021 01:17 AM

I paid my taxes. Ouch. I need a write off. :waah: