The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

clemdaddy 12-21-2021 07:26 PM

Re: tuba trucks

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joesscamaro (Post 8998837)
Looking nice and clean, like always!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Stanger (Post 8998895)
Nice work!!!

Thanks... but it's a team effort here at Tuba and the praise should go out to the guys that work together on these projects.

The fawn colored 66 Custom Cab long bed is going away this week to a very happy owner. He has been active in most of the decisions on this build and very patient during the 2 years it took to build it. Here is some pics from this afternoon.

Grizz1963 12-22-2021 05:04 AM

Stellar work as always from the team Clem.

Nice Christmas prezzie for someone.

A wonderful festive season for you, Mrs J and all the creatures.

Missing you guys man.

joesscamaro 12-22-2021 03:47 PM

Very nice and clean looking build. I'm sure the owner is proud to be driving it around!

The Rocknrod 12-22-2021 07:16 PM

Sweet, love your work. :)

LT7A 12-24-2021 09:55 PM

Thanks for the updates. I really enjoy them. The stock look with adaptation as needed for modern driving and comfort is cool to watch. Thank you for the effort that you guys make with the toy drive. I'm too late this year, but look forward to next year. Seeing those pictures of all the toys and bikes really affected me. Both that there are so many people willing to give, and that there are so many kids that need something special for Christmas. Blessings on you all, and thank you for the reminder of the less fortunate little ones.

notsolo 12-29-2021 12:51 PM

You could say showroom fresh, but that would not do the truck justice. Nicer by far from anything back in the day, better materials and a lot of hard work by guys and gals. Never dissapointed with your crew and the gems brought up to a standard few can match...

clemdaddy 01-01-2022 06:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 9009685)
Stellar work as always from the team Clem.
Nice Christmas prezzie for someone.
A wonderful festive season for you, Mrs J and all the creatures.
Missing you guys man.

Thanks Rian. I wish we could open up the country and feel safe again... soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesscamaro (Post 9009822)
Very nice and clean looking build. I'm sure the owner is proud to be driving it around!

Happy customers is what it's all about, thats the fun part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 9009916)
Sweet, love your work. :)

Thanks Rocknrod. Been checking your thread... killing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9010836)
Thanks for the updates. I really enjoy them. The stock look with adaptation as needed for modern driving and comfort is cool to watch. Thank you for the effort that you guys make with the toy drive. I'm too late this year, but look forward to next year. Seeing those pictures of all the toys and bikes really affected me. Both that there are so many people willing to give, and that there are so many kids that need something special for Christmas. Blessings on you all, and thank you for the reminder of the less fortunate little ones.

Kim and I really appreciate your comments, very kind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notsolo (Post 9012389)
You could say showroom fresh, but that would not do the truck justice. Nicer by far from anything back in the day, better materials and a lot of hard work by guys and gals. Never dissapointed with your crew and the gems brought up to a standard few can match...

Wow... very cool, thanks a bunch. We like to think of it as giving our customers exactly what they want with all the bells and whistles for the same price as if they went to the dealership... without the depreciation or technical problems of the new trucks. Tough old Chevy Trucks last for generations.

This 51 Chevy was a multi colored, patched up family heirloom that needed quite a bit to freshen it up. We overhauled the mechanicals and unified the color with some patina work. Added new bed, tires and upholstery...

realvc 01-01-2022 07:21 PM

The stripe around the cab really sets it off.
Clean and just right, very cool.

Android04 01-04-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realvc (Post 9013698)

Agreed

pdxhall 01-07-2022 01:01 PM

You just keep on nailing it.

clemdaddy 01-10-2022 04:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by realvc (Post 9013698)
Clean and just right, very cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 9015920)
You just keep on nailing it.

Thanks guys.

Occasionally a truck comes in that is a basic work or farm truck. Most of the time we upgrade with V8 power and overdrive transmission plus we might add air and disc brakes, power steering and a sound system... the normal improvements. But once in a great while the owner wants it to be just like the family purchased it from the dealership. This 1976 grecian bronze C-10 long bed is exactly that. We did cheat a little by adding power brakes and steering and a 3-point seatbelt, but other than that its bone stock.
Overhauled 250 six and 3 speed trans, powder coated complete newly built suspension and reworked the interior. She rides and drives showroom fresh and looks the part.

Grizz1963 01-10-2022 04:51 PM

That is sweet Clem.

cwcarpenter98 01-10-2022 06:55 PM

Simple, yet stunning. No need for that square to have chrome trim, lowered, or fancy wheels when it looks as good as that.

aggie91 01-13-2022 12:14 PM

Great work on the square, Clem! That is the only "orange" I could ever consider using for one of my personal trucks. Really digging the seat. Is the steering wheel OE for a '72? Does not look like any of the '76 models I have ever seen.

realvc 01-13-2022 12:31 PM

Better than new. Great looking truck as usual for your team Clem.

The Rocknrod 01-14-2022 01:12 PM

Man I like that clemdaddy, looks superb. :)

Ta2Don 01-22-2022 07:17 PM

Ah, the memories. My dad had a gold 1976 two wheel drive straight six, three on the tree, no power nothing. That truck is what I learned on and survived my dad's tutelage... Great job Clem and the team!!!

clemdaddy 02-16-2022 08:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 9017338)
That is sweet Clem.

Thanks Rian

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 (Post 9017369)
Simple, yet stunning. No need for that square to have chrome trim, lowered, or fancy wheels when it looks as good as that.

A plain Jane by most opinions but still turned a few heads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 9018399)
Great work on the square, Clem! That is the only "orange" I could ever consider using for one of my personal trucks. Really digging the seat. Is the steering wheel OE for a '72? Does not look like any of the '76 models I have ever seen.

Good eye on the steering wheel, similar but not exactly the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by realvc (Post 9018407)
Better than new. Great looking truck as usual for your team Clem.

Thank you sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 9018893)
Man I like that clemdaddy, looks superb. :)

A bit of a departure for us but a fun one to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 9023048)
Ah, the memories. My dad had a gold 1976 two wheel drive straight six, three on the tree, no power nothing. That truck is what I learned on and survived my dad's tutelage... Great job Clem and the team!!!

Thanks Don, great to hear from you. This 76 has lots of memories for their family also and hopefully it will be around for many more.

We got an update from Austin on the '63 GMC E-10. It is moving under it's own power. They still have the instruments and powder coated covers under the hood to finish but it's alive.

duallyjams 02-16-2022 09:30 AM

Your shop is definitely on point as high end professional workmanship.

clemdaddy 03-02-2022 01:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 9035519)
Your shop is definitely on point as high end professional workmanship.

Thanks James, I'm lucky that the guys here love working on the old stuff. I could use a couple of more just like them. Hmmm

Seems lately that Tuba Trucks is feeling the blues. We have 4 blue trucks in the shop right now. It was 5 but one left earlier this morning. The blue Cameo just got painted yesterday and is now basking in the sun.

Low Elco 03-10-2022 02:30 AM

Very Pretty work!

Grizz1963 03-10-2022 03:36 AM

Those blues are rather beautiful.

Stellar work as alwys from Tuba Trucks.

I was contemplating a color change from my Red (paint already purchased) to blue on that basis.

However, my other co tended is that soft green, not sure what it is called but they always look so grandpa to me.

Jeff La 03-14-2022 10:24 PM

Mr Clem, outstanding work.

clemdaddy 03-24-2022 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully a help-wanted post will be ok with the forum. I can't think of a better way to reach exactly the people we need since everyone on here has an interest in old trucks.

If you are willing to relocate, I can help out with expenses. If you're retired and have always wanted to be part of something fun. If you are tired of working hard and not feeling good about where it's going. If you are passionate about working on cool old cars and trucks. If you're willing to try something new. If you feel like you are a pretty good mechanic with some old-school skills... Please PM me and we can discuss a job opportunity and I will get back to you with details.

You can call or email. Sorry no texts.
By the way, google Fayetteville, AR, it's a great place to live.

Thanks, Clem Johnson
clem@tubatrucks.com
479-442-9286

LostChord 03-24-2022 02:59 PM

Like some others over the years, I stumbled across this thread...and wow, so good to see great people doing great work. Thank you!