The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=533920)

McMurphy 03-05-2014 02:24 AM

Re: Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build...

I am glad Jay was able to hook you up, those emblems look pretty sweet !!
I know he is looking for a few projects right now as he is stuck at the house for a couple more weeks !! So if you know anyone who wants this sort of thing made, make sure you point them in his direction.

I cannot wait to see what you do with yours !
I still have not mounted mine, but it is on the list to do.
The hang up is that I saw some stock Apache emblems mounted on the fenders, and that has my brain on the fence about my original idea of putting them on the cowls.

Hmmmmmm decisions decisions... :metal:

Grizz1963 03-06-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6558471)
Another new toy for the Workshed...:metal:

Hhmmmmmm ......

Toolz.

Approved.

A man can never have enough tools.

Ta2Don 03-06-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6558652)
I am glad Jay was able to hook you up, those emblems look pretty sweet !!
I know he is looking for a few projects right now as he is stuck at the house for a couple more weeks !! So if you know anyone who wants this sort of thing made, make sure you point them in his direction.

I cannot wait to see what you do with yours !
I still have not mounted mine, but it is on the list to do.
The hang up is that I saw some stock Apache emblems mounted on the fenders, and that has my brain on the fence about my original idea of putting them on the cowls.

Hmmmmmm decisions decisions... :metal:

I am sure you will knock it outta da park no matter where they get mounted!:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 6560772)
Hhmmmmmm ......

Toolz.

Approved.

A man can never have enough tools.

Thanks Grizz… :mm: the coming weekend is showing promises of warmer weather… Monday is forecast to be 19C :metal: :bann::metal:

Grizz1963 03-07-2014 02:50 AM

We have a 16'C forecast for Sunday.

I have sourced an empty 24 inch Argon/CO2 mix bottle about 40 miles from here which we will collect on Saturday morning before going to visit Nicola's brother at Whitstable 5 miles further and possibly grabbing a fresh seafood lunch in the harbour.

Just need to find somewhere to get the bottle filled as most places want to sell you a £100.00 rental contract for the bottle plus price of a fill.

Catch you on Skype over the weekend.
Nicola is back from Venice and from the pics it seems they had an awesome time.

Ta2Don 03-10-2014 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Life has me missing out on truck time...:waah:

but…. these arrived today and have me CHEESING!!! Thanx Jay, and I am sticking to my story… it's all McMurphy's fault...:haha:

TJ's Chevy 03-10-2014 01:00 PM

And boy am I jealous! Wish my truck dumped out Holy exhaust! :lol::lol::haha::haha::haha::bann:;):chevy:

Ta2Don 03-10-2014 01:06 PM

As a caveat to my previous post…

Jay at Precision CNC Works is a Great guy to deal with… I am extremely pleased with the finished product!:metal: He kept the price to the quote, and also mailed them at a great Postal rate… They were mailed mid week last week and arrived today...:metal:

Check Jay out at
www.precisioncncworks.com or email him at info@precisioncncworks.com

Thanks again McMurphy for all you post for me to STEAL!!!:mm:

Ta2Don 03-10-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY (Post 6567597)
And boy am I jealous! Wish my truck dumped out Holy exhaust! :lol::lol::haha::haha::haha::bann:;):chevy:

TJ… You too can have COOL Custom Emblems… and I will design them...:metal:

chad64chevy 03-10-2014 01:26 PM

here I am finally moved, waiting for internet to stay in touch with my cyber buddys, an you get new tools and some pretty cool emblems! really like the taillights too! keep it up

TJ's Chevy 03-10-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6567618)
TJ… You too can have COOL Custom Emblems… and I will design them...:metal:

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

dwcardfan 03-10-2014 05:16 PM

Very nice!!!!:metal::metal:

McMurphy 03-10-2014 06:35 PM

Hey, all I can say is you asked.... I am super glad you guys like his work.
If you are contemplating getting something done, now is the time to hit Jay up. He has a lull in his work load and is looking for things to do !!

Bomp 03-10-2014 09:51 PM

I totally missed it. Where are you putting those killer Holy Fire C-10 emblems?
Their the tops.

Ta2Don 03-10-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 6567650)
here I am finally moved, waiting for internet to stay in touch with my cyber buddys, an you get new tools and some pretty cool emblems! really like the taillights too! keep it up

Glad you are moved… Looking forward to your updates...:mm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY (Post 6567775)
:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Hit me up...:uhmk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 6567975)
Very nice!!!!:metal::metal:

Thanks, I'm Stoked!!!:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6568097)
Hey, all I can say is you asked.... I am super glad you guys like his work.
If you are contemplating getting something done, now is the time to hit Jay up. He has a lull in his work load and is looking for things to do !!

To anyone who is contemplating this… Contact Jay, you will NOT regret it!!!:bann:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6568524)
I totally missed it. Where are you putting those killer Holy Fire C-10 emblems?
Their the tops.

Thanks Greg!!!:metal: Plans are to mount them on the Cowl extensions… and I may order a smaller one for the Glovebox...:mm:
Can't wait for the Airbrush Video, hint, hint!!! :hot:

Ta2Don 03-19-2014 10:56 PM

Here's a shout out to anyone watching…

Memphis Super Chevy Show...:metal:

Here's a thread I started….
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=621028

likaroc13 03-20-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6584771)
Here's a shout out to anyone watching…

Memphis Super Chevy Show...:metal:

Here's a thread I started….
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=621028

As a kid, I used to go frequently with my dad. Sometimes we went to sell, as they have a huge swap meet/car corral. As I got older, I visited a couple more times on my own. I think the last time I was there was 2007. Had my old '93 C1500 for sale in the car corral. My friend's family always has dragsters in the races there too. It's always a fun-filled weekend!

Another show you might check out is the Relaxed Atmosphere All-Star Event, also in Millington, TN. It's usually during Labor Day weekend. We've been celebrating my grandmother's birthday that weekend the last several years, so I haven't been able to make it. Last time I was there was 2006.

Oh, & Showfest is another big show you might check out sometime. It's coming up in May. Looks like the venue has moved to Southaven, MS. The past 2-3 years it was in Tunica I think.

Grizz1963 03-20-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6567592)
Life has me missing out on truck time...:waah:

but…. these arrived today and have me CHEESING!!! Thanx Jay, and I am sticking to my story… it's all McMurphy's fault...:haha:

It is so cool to have something personal and different to add to a build and these are really cool Don.
You have done well to get them made up

Ta2Don 03-20-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6584930)
As a kid, I used to go frequently with my dad. Sometimes we went to sell, as they have a huge swap meet/car corral. As I got older, I visited a couple more times on my own. I think the last time I was there was 2007. Had my old '93 C1500 for sale in the car corral. My friend's family always has dragsters in the races there too. It's always a fun-filled weekend!

Another show you might check out is the Relaxed Atmosphere All-Star Event, also in Millington, TN. It's usually during Labor Day weekend. We've been celebrating my grandmother's birthday that weekend the last several years, so I haven't been able to make it. Last time I was there was 2006.

Oh, & Showfest is another big show you might check out sometime. It's coming up in May. Looks like the venue has moved to Southaven, MS. The past 2-3 years it was in Tunica I think.

Thanks for tuning in… and thanks for the heads up on the other shows...:mm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 6585073)
It is so cool to have something personal and different to add to a build and these are really cool Don.
You have done well to get them made up

Thanks Grizz… Working on a prize for yer bumper project… Hint…Hint! :metal:

Grizz1963 03-20-2014 08:39 AM

Good morning Don.

Looks like America is waking up.

And sounds like you are up to mischief.

Just about to head back into hospital. Came out to have a quick coffee.

Modges'66 03-21-2014 07:31 PM

Those are some super-sweet emblems Don!
How come they don't have LT-1 on them somewhere!...LOL!
They look pretty awesome!

Ta2Don 03-21-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 6587712)
Those are some super-sweet emblems Don!
How come they don't have LT-1 on them somewhere!...LOL!
They look pretty awesome!

Thanks Man! Thanks for the kick in the backside about the LT1...:metal:

TJ's Chevy 03-22-2014 11:48 AM

Alright Brotha!! Its time to get those emblems on!!! I wanna see them! :metal::chevy:

Ta2Don 03-24-2014 05:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
No truck progress this weekend… had to finish up the clean room project at the studio, then had to repair the Work-tent for the stepper...:waah:

Time and Old man winter had their way with the cheap tent material, sooooo… time for Metal!!!

Here are a couple of pics of the tent and a couple of the project out in the Sun...:metal:

Ta2Don 03-24-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY (Post 6588679)
Alright Brotha!! Its time to get those emblems on!!! I wanna see them! :metal::chevy:

Patience Grasshopper… I have a longtime friend (from my high school dayz) that I had lost touch with until about 2 years ago, He also became a Tattoo Artist...:metal: He also pinstripes, so my cowl extensions will be pulled from the parts shelf, antenna hole filled, some paint slapped on, then boxed and off to Colorado Springs for my bud to do his art...:uhmk:

Once they return from the trip, I will mount this emblems and post some pics...:metal:

TJ's Chevy 03-24-2014 07:48 PM

Awesome! Least you have a place to store the stepper..lol..My truck makes do with a tarp...that's already showing age and it ain't been used for more then a year. lol. I'm gonna have to make me one of the tents. Eagerly waiting on the upcoming progress! Oh...GMC stands for God's Main Car....So it'll be a holy truck. lol. Yeah I know..it isn't a GMC, but its made by GMC so that counts. :lol: Have fun brotha. T.J.