The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 02-13-2021 10:02 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

1 Attachment(s)
My usual carry

72c20customcamper 02-13-2021 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My back yard

LONGHAIR 02-14-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8879744)
I never did get around to doing the permit thing.;)

Sure does vary by state doesn't it.

It sure does and it really shouldn't. Something like this makes one a felon in one place, simply by walking across some state line?

Here in Ohio you have to take a 10 hour class, 2 hours of shooting, and fill out an application with the county sheriff. If you don't have any legal disqualifiers, they have to give you the permit. It lasts 5 years, you go back to the sheriff, reapply, and get a new one.
There is never a proficiency test of any kind. They don't care at all about how well you shoot, it is totally about safety. Handling, storage, transportation, and the law are what they focus on. As long as you can put 50 rounds down range during the shooting portion of the class time, you never have to shoot again. Safety and the legalities of the state are the thing.

LONGHAIR 02-14-2021 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8879795)
My back yard

Cool shirt man! I haven't been in many years, but that is the closest Easyrider's rodeo location to me. I missed the first one (88 or 89?) but went for quite a few years starting with the second year.
I have a pic of me there in '91 riding a BMX bike that we grabbed off of the top of the trash wagon as it went by picking up bags from campsites. It had both tires flat, so we cut them off with a hacksaw and rode it around all weekend. Steel rims on asphalt make a crazy noise.

1976gmc20 02-14-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 8879954)
It sure does and it really shouldn't. Something like this makes one a felon in one place, simply by walking across some state line?

Here in Ohio you have to take a 10 hour class, 2 hours of shooting, and fill out an application with the county sheriff. If you don't have any legal disqualifiers, they have to give you the permit. It lasts 5 years, you go back to the sheriff, reapply, and get a new one.
There is never a proficiency test of any kind. They don't care at all about how well you shoot, it is totally about safety. Handling, storage, transportation, and the law are what they focus on. As long as you can put 50 rounds down range during the shooting portion of the class time, you never have to shoot again. Safety and the legalities of the state are the thing.

Yeah, and how many of the class instructors have actually had to shoot to save their lives? ;)

72c20customcamper 02-14-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

We went in 2015 and I have to say it was really a let down not many bikes mostly idiots in campers

72c20customcamper 02-14-2021 04:18 PM

Ordered a new ACDelco altenator for my Envoy

special-K 02-14-2021 06:39 PM

Got down in my cellar and finished up the under floor insulation 100%. Still more to do, but no more insulation. Next I will staple Tyvek up. I hadn't been down there in a month or more. It was the perfect day for it. Not fit for anything outside.

Just call me Sean 02-14-2021 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife woke me up this morning and said the roof was leaking, so I fixed that. It was on the side I didn't shingle yet.

MJN 02-15-2021 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Worked on getting another of my old Coleman lanterns working. This is my 1955 model 202 Professional. Got a couple others to fettle yet, good for these cold winter days.

Ol Blue K20 02-15-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8880531)
Worked on getting another of my old Coleman lanterns working. This is my 1955 model 202 Professional. Got a couple others to fettle yet, good for these cold winter days.

It looks pretty good for it's age. Did you freshen it up or was it that nice?

MJN 02-15-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8880536)
It looks pretty good for it's age. Did you freshen it up or was it that nice?

It was in pretty good condition when I got it. The fount (tank) needed to be cleaned inside, pump rebuilt, valve rebuilt, generator replaced, stem cleaner and eccentric replaced, new mantel and decal and overall thorough cleaning and polish. The vent is in ok condition, not perfect. Some parts are specific to the 202 and not easily found or reproduced. Many parts on the 202 are made of stainless steel where other models like the similar 200a those parts are steel

Wgesnerjr 02-15-2021 01:18 PM

Taxes....:-(

1976gmc20 02-15-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8880541)
It was in pretty good condition when I got it. The fount (tank) needed to be cleaned inside, pump rebuilt, valve rebuilt, generator replaced, stem cleaner and eccentric replaced, new mantel and decal and overall thorough cleaning and polish. The vent is in ok condition, not perfect. Some parts are specific to the 202 and not easily found or reproduced. Many parts on the 202 are made of stainless steel where other models like the similar 200a those parts are steel

I've got an old two burner stove that will no longer turn all the way off. You have to pull the tank out of the stove to kill the last little bit of invisible flame and then loosen the cap to release the pumped up pressure.

Apparently the needle valve and/or the seat is bad, and the stores don't carry that as a replacement part.

Any ideas ???

Ol Blue K20 02-15-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8880541)

It came out very nice. Great job!

FleetsidePaul 02-15-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr (Post 8880543)

Taxes....:-(

I feel your pain. I just got hammered myself. :waah:

MJN 02-15-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8880559)
I've got an old two burner stove that will no longer turn all the way off. You have to pull the tank out of the stove to kill the last little bit of invisible flame and then loosen the cap to release the pumped up pressure.

Apparently the needle valve and/or the seat is bad, and the stores don't carry that as a replacement part.

Any ideas ???

You could check here https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/home.php?cat=23
he also has parts diagrams available to download as well
https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/diagrams/

Someone on the collector forum may be helpful too- you have to log in to see most of the content though but these guys live and breathe old Coleman.
https://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/

1976gmc20 02-15-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8880566)
You could check here https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/home.php?cat=23
he also has parts diagrams available to download as well
https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/diagrams/

Someone on the collector forum may be helpful too- you have to log in to see most of the content though but these guys live and breathe old Coleman.
https://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/

Thanks! Looks like it is "check valve and stem" part number 200-6381 :)

Rich84 02-15-2021 04:30 PM

I have a never used still in the box Coleman stove from 1983-84. I bought it just before I started dating my wife. Camping for her is no HBO. So it never got used. I moved 4 times and still have it for some reason.
I also have a Coleman tent from the same time. I pulled it out once or twice for the kids. It is still in great condition.

1976gmc20 02-15-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8880651)
I have a never used still in the box Coleman stove from 1983-84. I bought it just before I started dating my wife. Camping for her is no HBO. So it never got used. I moved 4 times and still have it for some reason.
I also have a Coleman tent from the same time. I pulled it out once or twice for the kids. It is still in great condition.

The Coleman stove that I have was bought by my mom sometime in the latter half of the 1960s, after she bought the 1966 C/10 and "Desert Camper" so we could go camping and fishing. (I was a fishing nut back then!)

Then somewhere along the way I/we got it from her after she and my stepfather got into fancy RVs and didn't do any more cooking out on tables. Probably came with the 71 K10 around 1983. It worked great for years and years but then one time I burnt my hand trying to put it away after it should have been cooled off.

I bought a Coleman single burner just to go camping by myself, but it's almost like cooking on a flamethrower. I'd like to get the old green two burner working right again now that we have the Silverado and the Leer.

I don't think you can even buy a Coleman gasoline stove anymore? At least there was nothing at the store when I looked. They all use those stupid little throwaway propane cannisters :rolleyes:

weq92f 02-15-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

...<snip>...

Right and...Concealed carry isn't the only thing that will get you into this ignorant predicament either...

Go to Colorado or one of the other growing number of states where you can legally purchase concentrated THC products, get caught with them across the state line in another state where the rules are different and you will get charged with a felony for possession of concentrated controlled substance ( i.e. shatter, wax, etc ).

-klb

LONGHAIR 02-15-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8880146)
We went in 2015 and I have to say it was really a let down not many bikes mostly idiots in campers

That's why I quit going. In the beginning it was just a bunch of bikers getting together and just being bikers. It was a big campout with some beer drinkin and some weed smokin and an occasional flash.
Then it kind of merged into gawkers coming in to encourage the nudity, and it just got more and more crazy. Fewer and fewer actual bikers and just a big nudie show, with all of the problems that come with it. Arrests, drugs, fights, etc.

Just call me Sean 02-15-2021 10:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got another truck. My uncle was going to take it to a scrap yard.

Just call me Sean 02-17-2021 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cleaned the crap out of it and brought it home. Looks a little better.

72c20customcamper 02-17-2021 08:36 PM

Nice little Ranger.

I put the trans cooler in my Suzuki today wasnt to bad about 25° and sunny . Got it all buttoned up for the snow tomorrow