The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   FAQ Truck Tech (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SoCal checkin' in (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655965)

ItsRandy 10-27-2012 11:09 PM

Re: SoCal checkin' in

What time is breakfast? Maybe my interior will be done by then.

denz72 10-27-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRandy (Post 5671968)
What time is breakfast? Maybe my interior will be done by then.

Breakfast is at 7:00 am at the IHOP on Imperial just past Idaho going west before Beach on your right just look for the prom queen..:mm:

VWNate1 10-28-2012 11:28 AM

Re : SoCal checkin' in

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano69c10 (Post 5671214)
What about Nate ...?

Dec. , right ? .

I'll be there I hope ! .

I've been fighting with Kaiser to do a Laminectomy on my spine for some time now , (back sugery) they've now comitted to a " Pre surgery Doctor's Consult " but still won't schedule the dang surgery and you know , any one who kows what this is all about , must be in a *very* bad way to be begging for it.....

My point being : I may not be able to drive whenever this event occurrs .

Keep pestering me about it as I'd love to go but this meandering thread made me forget what it's all about...

VDOG 10-28-2012 02:19 PM

Correct me if im wrong, but was I being called out? You guys are going to pay for that one. LOL

Yes im down. If I dont make breakfast, I will be at the Home Depot around
8ish. I have some work to do to Bondo Louie, but I will be there.

Its ON!!!

JOHNORO 10-28-2012 04:34 PM

:haha::haha:
Quote:

Originally Posted by denz72 (Post 5671978)
Breakfast is at 7:00 am at the IHOP on Imperial just past Idaho going west before Beach on your right just look for the Prom queen..:mm:

:
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSkool71 10-28-2012 09:08 PM

Im all registered and ready to go. Did someone say Denz has got breakfast covered. Nice.:lol:

Lee H 10-28-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSkool71 (Post 5673347)
Denz has got breakfast covered. Nice.:lol:

I'm in for sure! :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

hopped up 10-28-2012 10:10 PM

I prob won't make it :( its dayafter moon eyes carshow and I'll prob be recovering from that. Hey Nate brook saw you exiting off the 210 and Osborn the other day.
Posted via Mobile Device

VWNate1 10-28-2012 10:24 PM

I was in & around the SFV Thursday & Friday , running errends .

What was I driving ? .

hopped up 10-28-2012 11:11 PM

Your pickup, the stepside
Posted via Mobile Device

denz72 10-28-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSkool71 (Post 5673347)
Im all registered and ready to go. Did someone say Denz has got breakfast covered. Nice.:lol:

Wow don't know how this got started about me buying breakfast..??..LOL:lol:

ItsRandy 10-29-2012 01:48 AM

Denz is buying breakfast? Way to go Denz! I'm in.

VWNate1 10-29-2012 08:12 AM

Re : FREE BREAKFAST !!

Well yeahbbutt ;

He's only buying one wheat pancake per person , we all have to line up and use the same plate , one at a time so no thanx , I'll buy my own .

Kudos for trying though .

VDOG 10-29-2012 07:21 PM

Bodyguards dont buy the breakfast, its the guy who he portects is the one that suppose to pay. :lol::lol:

VDOG 10-29-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5673485)
I prob won't make it :( its dayafter moon eyes carshow and I'll prob be recovering from that. Hey Nate brook saw you exiting off the 210 and Osborn the other day.
Posted via Mobile Device

C'mon Andy, have a little tomato juice, lemon juice and hot sauce to get you going. Or the new way, a few 5 hour drinks. You can do it. :lol:

denz72 10-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5675074)
C'mon Andy, have a little tomato juice, lemon juice and hot sauce to get you going. Or the new way, a few 5 hour drinks. You can do it. :lol:

Come on Andy little hair that bit the dog on the way in and your girlfriend can drive ..just a thought:ito:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5675068)
Bodyguards dont buy the breakfast, its the guy who he portects is the one that suppose to pay. :lol::lol:

Thanks Vince for clearing all this up so I guess John is buying now..lol:lol:

hopped up 10-30-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denz72 (Post 5675389)
Come on Andy little hair that bit the dog on the way in and your girlfriend can drive ..just a thought:ito:

Thanks Vince for clearing all this up so I guess John is buying now..lol:lol:

Since you guys asked so nicely ill def try to make it but no promises!!;)
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 10-30-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5675966)
Since you guys asked so nicely ill def try to make it but no promises!!;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hopped Up! Hopped Up! Hopped Up!!!:metal:

arturo7 10-30-2012 09:57 PM

Anyone have an engine hoist you're not using? Wanna sell it? I know they're only a couple hundo at HF, but I figured I'd ask anyway...

hopped up 10-31-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5676789)
Hopped Up! Hopped Up! Hopped Up!!!:metal:

Alright guys im gonna try real hard to make it. I have an engine swap planned for thanksgivinv weekend. Since im still havinv my starter problems!!!! Sucks since the motor runs soo good. So if all goes well with that.still gotta find a motor. Me and brook will be there
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 11-02-2012 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=hopped up;5678137]Alright guys im gonna try real hard to make it. I have an engine swap planned for thanksgivinv weekend. Since im still havinv my starter problems!!!! Sucks since the motor runs soo good. So if all goes well with that.still gotta find a motor. Me and brook will be there
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE

I still have that other starter here if you want it.

VWNate1 11-02-2012 01:50 PM

Re : Musical Starters

I vote for this ! .

The 250's starter in my '69 is some odd ball thing that no partshaus carries , the last time it died as the sun was going down on a Sunday afternoon , I was able to find a different one in a junkyard as they were pushing me out the door , I went back the where my truck was stranded in front of a yuppie Coffee House and took both apart on the curb , built one good one that's still fine....

I am sure that once you figure out the mesh problem / situation , you'll be good to go .

Try counting the starter's drive teeth and trying different counts......

Drewsteezy68 11-02-2012 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Checking in from riverside,ca here's my project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 11-02-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewsteezy68 (Post 5681737)
Checking in from riverside,ca here's my project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Very nice, welcome to the SoCal Post. We have a few members out your way feel free to chime in anytime or come to one of our meets.

hopped up 11-02-2012 07:21 PM

Hey nate ny starter has 9 teeth
Posted via Mobile Device

Drewsteezy68 11-02-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5681882)
Very nice, welcome to the SoCal Post. We have a few members out your way feel free to chime in anytime or come to one of our meets.

Thanks. I plan on doing so.

Anyone in riverside have monthly car meets.
Posted via Mobile Device

ItsRandy 11-04-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewsteezy68 (Post 5682546)

Anyone in riverside have monthly car meets.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know of any monthly meets. I'm in Grand Terrace.
Posted via Mobile Device

robnolimit 11-04-2012 03:02 PM

If anyone is interested, we could have a monthly meet up at our shop in San Bernardino

arturo7 11-04-2012 03:07 PM

Anybody know of a community college in OC or Long Beach that offers night classes in auto body repair?

Drewsteezy68 11-04-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robnolimit (Post 5685063)
If anyone is interested, we could have a monthly meet up at our shop in San Bernardino

I'd be up for that.
Posted via Mobile Device

ItsRandy 11-05-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

I could do that...sounds like fun. We could get a bunch of Jack in the Box tacos (2 for $.99) and hang out and tell lies and stuff.

VDOG 11-05-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

That sounds like a plan. Im in.

Quote:

Anybody know of a community college in OC or Long Beach that offers night classes in auto body repair?
Try Golden West College in the OC, and Long Beach City College. Only other school I know offers it is El Camino College in Torrance.

Mike Bradbury 11-05-2012 12:24 AM

I think a lot of guys would be up for a monthly meeting. Although I am down here in San Diego I could not make many of them but it would be nice to meet some more guys. The tacos are a plus too. LOL

Drewsteezy68 11-05-2012 12:27 AM

Let's set this up. It's a new month.
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 11-05-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury (Post 5686211)
I think a lot of guys would be up for a monthly meeting. Although I am down here in San Diego I could not make many of them but it would be nice to meet some more guys. The tacos are a plus too. LOL

Mike I dont everybody is going to make all of them, but it should be a nice turn out from time to time. So come down when you can.

VWNate1 11-06-2012 12:21 AM

Re : Starter Bendix

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5682071)
Hey nate ny starter has 9 teeth
Posted via Mobile Device

O.K. , now it is time to begin hitting the books (or OnLine Catalogs) and see how many different ones are available and what they fit , then scour some Wrecking yards until you find different ones and test fit............

I'm sorry I cannot offer hands on help but my driveway is full to the street with dead vehicles.....

hopped up 11-06-2012 12:39 AM

Thanks vwnate. Id pretty much given up on my motor. But maybe (im hoping youre right) that i can still fix my problem. I really dont want to swap my motor. Im just at my whitts end!! Been fighting aith thos for over a year
Posted via Mobile Device

VWNate1 11-06-2012 12:50 AM

Re : Starter Madness

I know how frustrating it is because I always get these weird problems when I buy abandoned projects then I have to figger out what the hell's going on (I'm currently buried in a $1,200 '91 Camry 4 door that whizzed right on past $4,500 in parts and isn't done yet.....)

Anyways , you've been offered free starters from several here and what I'd do is : remove the torque converter cover plate and gut the starter of brushes and solenoid , mount it to the engine and pull the plunger with a bungie cord etc. then hand rotate the engine and visually inspect the depth or the tooth mesh ~ I feel it has to be in there somehow , be aware this is just a " S.W.A.G. " but that's the 1st, thing I'd do as a good running engine , to me , is priceless and always worth saving .

Maybe it's the flex plate , maybe the crankshaft is bent ? . I dunno 'til it's looked at .

FWIW , we once had a bramd new '81 C-60 with a 4 bolt 350 , when Chevy machined the bare block new , the center of the main bearing saddles was 0.010" OFF (wow) - yet it started and ran , it vibrated pretty badly but I don't recall any starter troubles , it just beat itself to death in 10,000 miles .

My point is : someone had to take the time to really LOOK at it to figure out what the hell was wrong , I worked in a Major Fleet Repair Shop and they were all too (insert pejorative here) to be bothered taking the time....

This is why I always counsel most DIY'ers to JUST DO IT ! because you're interested and have the time , you'll usually do a better job .

'K ? .

Don't give up ! .

hopped up 11-06-2012 01:31 AM

Its juat soo strange that itll start perfectly fine a few times then start grinding all over again
Posted via Mobile Device

hopped up 11-06-2012 01:32 AM

I sure have never experienced anything like this ever
Posted via Mobile Device