The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

Neatbeard 04-15-2013 08:59 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Finished off installing Dynamat on the cab floor and bulkhead. My better half made up a new carpet and we fitted that all in. Dynamatted the rear of the door trim panels and re-installed the retrimmed bench seat and belts...... Just waiting on new door rubbers to be delivered and new inner door handles and thats the interior pretty much done.

Getting close to being able to just enjoy using it now.... :D

TJ's Chevy 04-15-2013 10:33 AM

I used mine on my farm today. Had 5 tractor bucket loads in it the other day! People call me a hill billy for putting the much load on the original bious tires! Yikes, I am glad they didnt blow:lol:.

donthekawguy 04-15-2013 10:28 PM

Got the old shocks off, burned out the bushings after getting the trailing arms off. I made a few cuts in the metal sleeve of the bushings and the sleeves popped right out. Taking the trailing arms in for [powder coating tomorrow and parts are going to start coming in according to UPS.

SCHRUMGMC 04-15-2013 10:35 PM

Haha I laughed at the Fake Tray

Vernski 04-16-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donthekawguy (Post 6014420)
Got the old shocks off, burned out the bushings after getting the trailing arms off. I made a few cuts in the metal sleeve of the bushings and the sleeves popped right out. Taking the trailing arms in for [powder coating tomorrow and parts are going to start coming in according to UPS.

Hi Don what all are you doing under the back of your truck there? I'm still goofin around with parts vendors over the turn signal switch, they seem to think it's a Chevy in any case it's GMC specific the Chevy switch screw holes don't line up in the cup and they are way off I might add. Witch powder-coater are you using by the way?...Vernski:bling:

tincan1966 04-16-2013 07:23 AM

Hey Vernski : Can you post a pic of the GMC specific switch. I think I may have one. I was trying to combine 3 column to make one, and came across an odd-ball switch and upper column collar. It's your's if you want it. PM me an address. It tested good here on the bench with OHM meter.

glos55 04-16-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC (Post 6014451)
Haha I laughed at the Fake Tray

I know LOL We used to have an A&W Drive In on our Main St. in town and Friday nights it was filled with Hot Rods

SCHRUMGMC 04-16-2013 07:50 AM

Heck how did you make it ?

glos55 04-16-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC (Post 6014895)
Heck how did you make it ?

I have noticed alot of these Car Hop Trays showing up on the windows of cars and trucks at the shows. We have three drive-in's now in town with one having girls on roller skates to serve you food and drinks. Check out Nostalgia Unlimited they have the trays and accessories

SCHRUMGMC 04-16-2013 08:09 AM

Must be Sonic, Heck Once I get my 59 under way I'll get one of these

glos55 04-16-2013 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC (Post 6014919)
Must be Sonic, Heck Once I get my 59 under way I'll get one of these

Alot of fun at the shows

SCHRUMGMC 04-16-2013 08:33 AM

I assume they are able to hold real food ?

glos55 04-16-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC (Post 6014967)
I assume they are able to hold real food ?

Yes

SCHRUMGMC 04-16-2013 08:50 AM

Very very good

jbgroby 04-16-2013 08:53 AM

I too want to add that type of display to my ride.

Here are a few links:

http://www.xtreme-images.com/carhoptrac.html

The one below is "High Grade Plastic food - Sushi and the like

http://www.displayfakefoods.com/?gcl...FRMhnQodbE4ASA

66-PMD-GMC 04-16-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 6014804)
Hi Don what all are you doing under the back of your truck there? I'm still goofin around with parts vendors over the turn signal switch, they seem to think it's a Chevy in any case it's GMC specific the Chevy switch screw holes don't line up in the cup and they are way off I might add. Witch powder-coater are you using by the way?...Vernski:bling:

The 63 Chevy switch works on the GMC.
GMC trucks aren't Chevy, weren't built by Chevy....
I wonder when the vendors are going to wake up to that so guys like us don't have to educate everyone we buy parts from eh Vernski?? :lol:
:5150:

Vernski 04-16-2013 01:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tincan1966 (Post 6014867)
Hey Vernski : Can you post a pic of the GMC specific switch. I think I may have one. I was trying to combine 3 column to make one, and came across an odd-ball switch and upper column collar. It's your's if you want it. PM me an address. It tested good here on the bench with OHM meter.

Hey Tincan that would be great here's a couple of pics mine works fine electrically, only it won't cancel turning right as you can see the prong is broken off and they don't make any replacement parts for these that were mfg by Boyne and all the new replacements are made out of all plastic...Vernski

Vernski 04-16-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC (Post 6015115)
The 63 Chevy switch works on the GMC.
GMC trucks aren't Chevy, weren't built by Chevy....
I wonder when the vendors are going to wake up to that so guys like us don't have to educate everyone we buy parts from eh Vernski?? :lol:

Hi PMD I tried a 63 it lined up as far as the mounting holes, but the color code was different and that one would also fit a full size car Impala ect. Thanx Vernski:lol:

tincan1966 04-16-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 6015400)
Hey Tincan that would be great here's a couple of pics mine works fine electrically, only it won't cancel turning right as you can see the prong is broken off and they don't make any replacement parts for these that were mfg by Boyne and all the new replacements are made out of all plastic...Vernski

I'll post a couple pics of what I have. I am even more confused now, LOL! Neither of my parts columns had a steering wheel, so no horn button for ID. My '65 that was in the truck looks like your aswitch, but has different colored wires. One of the parts columns has a different type switch but the same wires colors like a later model.

May just send you all I have, if you want them, Vernski. I am not going to use any of them-maybe some pieces you can use. PM me an address, and I'll bag and tag 'em.

SCHRUMGMC 04-16-2013 04:34 PM

Learned something today

suzq044 04-16-2013 05:03 PM

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

SCHRUMGMC 04-16-2013 05:08 PM

Wow man don't sell it :/

Vernski 04-16-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzq044 (Post 6015851)
Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Suzq I think this is a grey area, I re-read all of Tincans posts and I don't see where he said he was asking what it was worth or if I wanted to buy, wanted to trade and or if it was for sale. My take on it was he wanted to give me the parts, so is giving something away against the rules now? Purdy fine line I'd say...Vernski:metal:

66-PMD-GMC 04-16-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 6015414)
Hi PMD I tried a 63 it lined up as far as the mounting holes, but the color code was different and that one would also fit a full size car Impala ect. Thanx Vernski:lol:

Mine said 63 Nova and several other models.
The colors did not match up but it works flawlessly. :metal:

Vernski 04-16-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC (Post 6016546)
Mine said 63 Nova and several other models.
The colors did not match up but it works flawlessly. :metal:

PMD that's interesting that it worked when the colors didn't match up, I tried to get that one I had to work unmatched or matched and a bunch of different combinations and nothing worked. Sure had allot of weird stuff going on with it though. It all was working fine with the old switch just wouldn't cancel to the right, wish I could find the part for the old one oh well life will go on thanx...Vernski:waah: