The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Tools, Shops and Shop Safety (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   I bought a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=336406)

rod86 04-29-2009 06:53 PM

Re: I bought a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow... that sure isnt good.... hope it goes well on your end...

GOPAPA 04-29-2009 06:53 PM

Congradulations on the home and property .. I like it a lot ..

Just curious about what the room over the garage is ,,and is it a one room or two..

My son is just closing a deal on his first home and he is getting a amendment like you are.. only thing is his didnt close fast enough and he had to make another months lease out for the sum of $1700. Ouch!

The garage does look like a 6 or 7 -12 pitch ..better use a toe board ,,Huh? thx for sharing ..

67ChevyRedneck 04-29-2009 07:36 PM

The room over the garage is one BIG room. Not sure on the roof pitch but it's steep.

If they can't get their **** together by next wednesday we're taking legal action against them.

Sillyoldman 04-29-2009 07:51 PM

That sucks about the sellers. I hate crap like that. It always happens though, always a glitch. I got wrapped up with a couple for a couple months. I had to sell our last home FSBO to have enough money to get what we wanted. Our buyers got wrapped up in a shady broker. When we called his bluff he tracked my wifes employer and demanded they fire her since she had correspondence via her email at work.The sale never happened. We lost money and so did the buyers. We even tried to help them find financing. They could not qualify for any sized mortgage. We wrapped up so much of our time that it nearly cost us a 25k deposit on what we were wanting to buy. Hopefully this guy gets hit by a bus. Karma will catch him.

Palf70Step 04-29-2009 07:56 PM

I hope it works out for you and the Mrs, Jesse.

67ChevyRedneck 04-29-2009 08:01 PM

...and the hits keep coming...

I've been interviewing with the DOT lately. I went in for 2 interviews in what's been a 3 week process. It was down to me and a couple other people. Just got this:

Quote:

Eric, Jason and I enjoyed talking with you on Monday. I am sorry to say that we have chosen another candidate for the position. Please continue to visit the SCDOT website and if you ever have questions concerning a position, feel free to contact me. I will be advertising another Engineer/Associate Engineer I training position in mid June 2009.

I wish you the best.
June, huh? So I can apply in 6 or 7 weeks, wait a month for them to choose candidates and then get dicked around for another 3 weeks? Sounds great!

Sillyoldman 04-29-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3285140)
...and the hits keep coming...

I've been interviewing with the DOT lately. I went in for 2 interviews in what's been a 3 week process. It was down to me and a couple other people. Just got this:

June, huh? So I can apply in 6 or 7 weeks, wait a month for them to choose candidates and then get dicked around for another 3 weeks? Sounds great!

That sucks. It's especially frustrating as a "finalist".

67ChevyRedneck 04-29-2009 08:22 PM

It was actually my 3rd interview for them. I was told I was overqualified for the first position and would be an excellent fit for the next one (the one I just got rejected for.) I actually applied for it back in mid February and did my first interview for it April 7th :banghead:

67ChevyRedneck 04-29-2009 08:33 PM

Dang edit thing! Sorry for the double post.

I also wanted to add that I now have to pay another month on my storage unit and as an extra kick in the balls.... :mad: Like I have an extra $70 right now.

In order to "save time" for me to clean out the storage unit and get ready for Newport, I loaded my S-10 with all of my truck parts and body panels last night. I'll have to bring it all back tomorrow :(

OARNGESI 04-30-2009 10:18 AM

Sorry to hear that

FRENCHBLUE72 04-30-2009 10:55 AM

Dude that so sucks hopefully things will fall into place..

Dean 05-01-2009 01:36 PM

Nice house! Actually I'm coming down to your area on May 15th to pick up a new BMW.

Longhorn321 05-03-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 3288112)
Nice house! Actually I'm coming down to your area on May 15th to pick up a new BMW.

At the Performance Center? Look me up. I work there.

gcburdic 05-04-2009 08:32 AM

Sorry to hear about this Jesse...Hope it goes well Wednesday!!...By the way....how'd that PE exam go?!?!

67ChevyRedneck 05-04-2009 12:17 PM

Wasn't as hard as everyone says it is.

67ChevyRedneck 05-06-2009 10:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Closing went as it was supposed to today. It took a whopping 20 minutes.

Stupid sellers screwed themselves :lol: Last week we owed X dollars, but because we got such an awesome deal from Bank of America, they didn't have to kick in their full 3% of closing costs, per our contract.

Well, now that the closing moved to "the next month" our payment moved from June to July 1st which really helps us because we have to make one more apartment payment June 1st. The seller ended up paying about $800 more in interest, taxes, and lawyer fees for moving closing :lol: We had to pay a whopping X + $20 more than we would have if we closed last month and moved our payment by a month, so they saved us $920 :haha:

Anyway... I'm sure y'all knew what I was going to do first ;)

67ChevyRedneck 05-06-2009 10:13 PM

Except for getting the same deal we got (which they quit offering April 17th) I would not recommend dealing with Bank of America. Total Pain in the ass. We got their no fee mortgage plus loan which basically means no PMI and BOA pays all of their closing costs.

However, because the seller paid up to 3% in closing, I bought some points, our interest rate was still 4.375 for 30yr fixed, and because of how the math worked out, not only did we not pay a single penny for closing, but we were supposed to pay 10% down, but because of how the math worked out with credits and what not, we ended up only paying 9.5% down, but got "credit for paying 10%" if that makes sense. No PMI either :metal:

I'll be applying for our 8K tax amendment VERY soon.

Longhorn321 05-06-2009 11:03 PM

SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!:metal::metal::metal::5150::metal::metal::metal:

67ChevyRedneck 05-06-2009 11:12 PM

Yep! And I already filled out and printed out the 1040X and 5405 forms. I used OLT (online tax services) but they won't submit amendments, but you can fill them out on their site then print them out... so snail mail it is for our 8K.

What's sad is that I've lost double that not working :rolleyes:

Palf70Step 05-07-2009 05:01 AM

Congrats on the home Jesse. That trophy winning truck need a nice room!

Good luck for a smooth move in and fire up that lawnmower dude!

gcburdic 05-07-2009 07:37 AM

I was wondering about this last night, but forgot to post!!!....
Congrats Jesse and Wifey!!!!
Glad you got the truck in there first and foremost....now get those parts out of storage and put them on the other side!!!LOL.....
Also, when will that new additon garage be done...come on!!!LOL

FRENCHBLUE72 05-07-2009 08:12 AM

Congrats man glad to see that all went well..

67ChevyRedneck 05-07-2009 11:39 AM

The addition may be a year or two. You need money to build it, something I haven't been making in many moons. I have plenty of room to work for now. With the truck in there, it actually looks a little bigger than I thought it did. I have A LOT to do on the inside of the house.

I had to pay an extra month on the storage unit. No hurry to empty it now.

My father in law is bringing down a bunch of freebie lawn stuff memorial weekend (including a rider :metal: ), it will have to wait until then. The inlaws moved from a 1.5 acre yard to a huge house on 0.25 or so acres, so he can now mow it in 15 minutes with a push mower :lol:

Thanks everyone :D