The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project truck dream 65" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510863)

bondo510 03-01-2012 03:42 PM

Re: Project truck dream 65"

This truck is going to be cool, Great job!

lenguini 03-01-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondo510 (Post 5223189)
This truck is going to be cool, Great job!

Thanks for the complement bondo,Its easy to stay focused on the project when there's progress !
Stay tuned as long as I'm conscious there will be more updates !:fry:

lenguini 03-01-2012 04:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Almost all the rust is cut out,going to start with the front hinge pillar............I guess ? :bann:
Front cab mount, both inner and outer rockers on,cab corner soon followed.
Must of done something right...the door closes ! he,he,hah,hah, hoo,hoo,..........oh oh,Im seeing the banana again :bann:

66-PMD-GMC 03-01-2012 08:46 PM

I am following this thread now. Cool build.

lenguini 03-01-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC (Post 5223741)
I am following this thread now. Cool build.

Welcome Chris,glad to have you along for the ride ! How's Arizona these days ?
I used to live in Phoenix back in the mid 80's.Sure liked it there,lots of good people down that way !
Cheers,
Ed.

66-PMD-GMC 03-01-2012 11:43 PM

I love phoenix all year except when it is under 65 degrees.
I freaking hate the cold. Hard to believe I grew up in Michigan.
Sorry to see you were taken advantage of on the cab.
Lot's of people forget that just because it is coming from Arizona, that doesn't mean it originated there.....
I have some nice cabs at the moment and feel lucky to have found them.
Cool build you have going there.
I am finishing up getting a roof over my build area and then on to the Pro-Street...
My biggest challenge is stiffening up the chassis without having the ugly roll cage come out the cab and make it look like a 4X4.

lenguini 03-02-2012 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC (Post 5224216)
I love phoenix all year except when it is under 65 degrees.
I freaking hate the cold. Hard to believe I grew up in Michigan.
Sorry to see you were taken advantage of on the cab.
Lot's of people forget that just because it is coming from Arizona, that doesn't mean it originated there.....
I have some nice cabs at the moment and feel lucky to have found them.
Cool build you have going there.
I am finishing up getting a roof over my build area and then on to the Pro-Street...
My biggest challenge is stiffening up the chassis without having the ugly roll cage come out the cab and make it look like a 4X4.

Same for me,not big on the cold but started some roots here so......

Actually the cab was an original out of Arizona,just that someone knocked out the glass, and never thought to throw out the 70"s shag that covered the floor.A couple thousand monsoon's passed through, you can pretty much figure it out from there !
Stiffening up the cab..that's a tough one ! My 56' Pro was set up that way and could never get over the cage through the back either....wish you the best figuring that out ! Posted a pic of it,was a nice ride.

Cheers,
Ed

lenguini 03-03-2012 01:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Firewall was next on the list,Going with Vintage air heat,defrost and air unit,so time to eliminate the holes for the jolly green growth that used to hang there !

All firewall holes for the stock inner cab insulation,wiper hoses, etc. are welded shut.The main wiring harness hole is welded and later to be relocated for hidden harness channel on the inside top of the drivers inner fender.
Passenger inner fender will be set up the same for windshield washer feed hose and anything else I may want to hide out of site later on.:ito:

lenguini 03-04-2012 02:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Outer door skins and inner door bottoms replaced.Cab corners are completed at rear of cab.
Cab is now ready to go back on the chassis,but first the standard trans hump will be removed and replaced with a 65' automatic tunnel.
Hard to believe this is the same rust bucket,time,cash and patience.
Good times !:ito:

joe231 03-04-2012 02:52 AM

Nice work!

Your moving along fast!!
Posted via Mobile Device

lenguini 03-04-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe231 (Post 5228807)
Nice work!

Your moving along fast!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Joe,appreciate it ! :ito:

Rich 5150 69 03-04-2012 12:05 PM

Great job, there`s a lot of good metal workers on here...!:flag:

lenguini 03-04-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich 5150 69 (Post 5229280)
Great job, there`s a lot of good metal workers on here...!:flag:

Greetings Rich,thanks !

Ed.:ito:

lenguini 03-04-2012 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot to mention that the gas tank was moved to the back ,so you can see in one of the last pic's the hole was filled.
I posted a pic of the inside of the cab before the new low tunnel is installed.

Its highly likely I'm related to that fee-fi-fo-fum guy that "chased Jack down the beanstock"...so this is good for me.., its a little more room to stretch out the legs on road trips.:ito:

66BowTieBoy 03-04-2012 08:46 PM

Hey Ed,

Followed your suggestion and your build of this '65. I must say I am impressed with your work and it makes me tired just thinking of my own project, as my '66 is pretty rough also. But, I'M NOT SCARED, MUCH...!

Never been to Kelowna, but use to spend the summers in Pentiction and really miss the Hosers and Kokanee Beer.... "Aye"....

Thanks for the inspiration.
Danny

Chevyman680063 03-04-2012 09:21 PM

Some great progress in such a short amount of time. I'd be afraid to have by cab blasted for fear that it would fall apart.:lol:

C@rnut001 03-05-2012 03:22 AM

Wow, you have come a long way with your build! Keep up the excellent work on it. It really is hard to believe that this is the same cab that you started with. What is great is that you will have a straight, rust free truck when you are finished. Keep the updates coming and keep up the great job that you are doing on your truck!

1Bad65GMC 03-05-2012 03:34 AM

Great thread, makes me want to get back to my 65. Subscribed, can't wait for the next update.
Posted via Mobile Device

amccomb 03-05-2012 04:07 AM

Trucks looking good!!

nhtc33d 03-05-2012 05:19 PM

Holy crap you work fast!!!! The way your moving along you will be driving your truck next month!! Looks great!

DLOE65 03-05-2012 06:45 PM

Making great progress! Your fast dude!!
Posted via Mobile Device

lenguini 03-05-2012 09:29 PM

Greetings all,I cant seem to keep up with all the reply's so Ill post as best as I can and say thank you everyone for your interest ! I appreciate it and its keeping me motivated !
Just so you all know,I'm behind on the pics...and the work done just looks like its been going at warp speed.
I have one and half years into this build to date and it never seems like its not getting done fast enough,but I'm somewhat of an impatient critter !

lenguini 03-06-2012 01:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Cab now ready for the chassis,had Steve the tow guy come pick it up with his flatdeck.Looks like Doug and I put it together right,the chassis rolled up the deck smoothly with no "skid marks" !....,Im referring to the deck of course !:lol:

T Smith 03-06-2012 01:20 PM

You might want to fill that slotted hole above the heater hole too, there's a cable that runs through it and you're not going to be using that anymore...

lenguini 03-06-2012 01:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Lowered the cab onto the chassis .No pics of that ...sorry folks,forgot to bring my camera for that step.:banghead:

My wheels on the way back to my shop.

Twas a great day !