The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Lq4 Cam/ motor input ??? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=569139)

BR3W CITY 02-09-2014 02:51 PM

Re: Lq4 Cam/ motor input ???

Except no one here uses the search button lol.

The "Whats gonna fit" threads prove it.

Super73 02-09-2014 03:03 PM

Jon,

Unfortunately (and I am not pointing fingers here, so don't take it personal) when someone gives opinion that contradicts proven facts, people can be steared the wrong way. I try to provide info based on first hand experience, changes i have tried. Info that i have either proven or disproven. This is what helps people move forward and build projects to better meet their goals. Opinions based on what one was told 3rd hand, well you might not be getting the full story. Heck, i have made 510who cam only in a 2001 camaro. Oh but I forgot to mention the 100hit of n20. See my point?

Jon01 02-09-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR3W CITY (Post 6517067)
Except no one here uses the search button lol.

The "Whats gonna fit" threads prove it.

I couldn't agree with you more! :sumo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super73 (Post 6517076)
Jon,

Unfortunately (and I am not pointing fingers here, so don't take it personal) when someone gives opinion that contradicts proven facts, people can be steared the wrong way. I try to provide info based on first hand experience, changes i have tried. Info that i have either proven or disproven. This is what helps people move forward and build projects to better meet their goals. Opinions based on what one was told 3rd hand, well you might not be getting the full story. Heck, i have made 510who cam only in a 2001 camaro. Oh but I forgot to mention the 100hit of n20. See my point?

I have built several motors, done head and cam swaps plenty of times. I don't see what you're getting at here…I'm not talking out of my ass.

Super73 02-09-2014 07:21 PM

Jon, again I wasnt pointing my finger at you. It was a general statement towards some opinions that don't have real world experience to back up their opinions.

Jon01 02-09-2014 08:12 PM

Ok, sorry, just clarifying what you were getting at.
Unfortunately that's the biggest problem of the internet…people with no or minimal experience touting what they have read as fact.

Billett 02-10-2014 07:00 PM

On the other hand, do either of you have all day to answer every thread? Just trying to look at it from both sides here ok. You were taught through grade school out of a book and didn't learn everything hands on. What you have to remember is to take everything with a grain of salt as they say. No one has the time or the experience for every question.

68GMCCustom 02-10-2014 10:13 PM

well I too try to keep my suggestions based on experience vs what "they say".
I'm an old guy that's been out of it for years but always been a hotrodder at heart, and even worked in an automotive machine shop tearing down/building motors (and working with other components like clutch flywheels, brakes, axles, d-shafts etc.) when I was much younger. I often wonder how I got directed away from it to other careers... in more then one field....better pay I guess.

anyway, no expert but certainly no newbie either :lol:

Billett 02-10-2014 10:49 PM

I wasn't questioning anyone's experience, just that you really have to do your research. Don't take just one thread at face value, dig a little deeper to make sure it's true if you have doubts.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...s/viewall.html

This article seems to follow with what we stated earlier, L92s have less power lower in the rpms, but more up top. "Stage 2" heads will net more power but I personally don't think the price is worth it.

Again though, I'm not claiming experience, just that I do try to check my sources.