The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pic Thread: Police Vehicles (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=850328)

57taskforce 02-11-2024 11:52 PM

Re: Pic Thread: Police Vehicles

lol no worries about bad memories, I never had any run-ins with the MD staters lol. I have an aunt who lives in Fredrick, we used to go thru MD staters speed traps on 15 and 340 both from time to time. I did get pulled over in Brunswick as a teenager by a Brunswick officer though, he was nice and told me to come to a complete stop at the stop sign and let me go.

special-K 02-12-2024 07:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
:lol: I have, but never got the back seat ride. I feel they are a very well run organization. They don't nitpick like you might see a local yocal do. I put siding on the, at the time, Brunswick Police Chief's new home near Burkittsville. He wasn't a very friendly guy.

I hadn't even thought about my '95 Suburban being a former Cobb County Georgia Sheriff's K-9 unit. I bought it from the county. It's all white and you can make out the lettering and graphics, barely. I've thought about turning it into a black & white with a gold star on the doors and call my company the "Rot Squad" because I've had thoughts of creating a company to specifically deal with water issues. Get it? A play on Riot Squad. The motto would be "We arrest rot" :lol: Oh, and I'd get my help out of the work release program :lol:. Those guys always show up :haha:

More police vehicles

special-K 02-17-2024 07:41 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More variety

special-K 02-18-2024 08:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Next batch

CG 02-19-2024 05:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Including this batch of Army 57's, maybe some were used for MP use? I had one of these exact 57's when I was a kid, exact except mine was Navy.

special-K 02-19-2024 10:30 PM

The Army has good taste

LT7A 02-20-2024 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9288912)
Including this batch of Army 57's, maybe some were used for MP use? I had one of these exact 57's when I was a kid, exact except mine was Navy.

That's an amazing picture. Do you think they'd miss just one?

special-K 02-20-2024 07:40 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Talk about bare bones. Perfect future gasser candidates. They don't look like they are O.D. Probably because basic black cost less than producing a run of special color cars. I have a friend with an Army Valiant and it's O.D.

FleetsidePaul 02-20-2024 01:58 PM

That Trooper Suburban looks like yours.

Those Bama Troopers were sure stylin in those Javelins.

CG 02-20-2024 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this count?

HO455 02-20-2024 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9289167)
Does this count?

That's where car 54 went to. It looked much bigger on TV.

CG 02-20-2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9289168)

I noticed that too. Only older folks will know what that means =)

Steeveedee 02-20-2024 03:22 PM

Car 54 in hot pursuit of a speeder, but I don't know where I am! Also, that would have to have been a convertible.

Boog 02-20-2024 05:16 PM

Radar unit? Those clowns. :lol:

special-K 02-21-2024 07:41 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9289167)
Does this count?

:lol: That's cool! It sure does. Any 'police vehicle'. It could be a meter maid Cushman or a mountain bike, any vehicle
Attachment 2338536
Attachment 2338537
"Calling for backup. We have a meter violator trying to shove a dime up my axx!"
Attachment 2338538
Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9289168)

That show was great! "Oooh Oooh" :lol:
Attachment 2338539
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9289158)
That Trooper Suburban looks like yours.

It does. you can still see "sheriff" on the tailgate and all the markings on the side...where they were. Here it is at the Cobb County municipal lot the day I bought it. Lights freshly removed and radio equipment freshly ripped out of the dash. There was even powders donut sugar in the seat creases. First thing I did was drive it illegally in 4 or 5 states driving home with no license plates :lol:

CAMAROBOY68SS 02-21-2024 08:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The original use of our 56 Chevy custom was a local sheriffs car. I have yet to find a picture of the car in active duty, but I have a picture of the 2nd owner right after buying from the local dealer once the county had turned it in late 1957. When we restored the car it still have evidence of its former life. There was a plug in the roof where the cb/radio antenna was, the posts have the holes where spot lights were drilled. They now serve as spots for the door poppers. Car was a factory power pack 265 V8, 3 speed car. Within a year and a half the car of being a cop car it was a full fledge custom show car and has been ever since.

special-K 02-22-2024 08:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS (Post 9289645)
The original use of our 56 Chevy custom was a local sheriffs car. I have yet to find a picture of the car in active duty, but I have a picture of the 2nd owner right after buying from the local dealer once the county had turned it in late 1957. When we restored the car it still have evidence of its former life. There was a plug in the roof where the cb/radio antenna was, the posts have the holes where spot lights were drilled. They now serve as spots for the door poppers. Car was a factory power pack 265 V8, 3 speed car. Within a year and a half the car of being a cop car it was a full fledge custom show car and has been ever since.

All three versions are cool '56s. It was a sharp 210 for that short while. Too bad there's now photo of it's law enforcement days

That last Suburban shows how the police vehicles, like mine, came. Base model Cheyenne with no roof rack and with body trim. Mine has hydraboost brakes. I'm not sure if that was on all, but most likely.

CAMAROBOY68SS 02-22-2024 01:24 PM

Yeah Im still talking to some more people in the historical society of the town where it was a police car. There has to be a pic somewhere of the car in the archives in the town.

special-K 02-22-2024 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY68SS (Post 9289819)
Yeah Im still talking to some more people in the historical society of the town where it was a police car. There has to be a pic somewhere of the car in the archives in the town.

Maybe a newspaper story. Even to have another '56 from that department would be cool

special-K 02-23-2024 07:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
When I was in high school I was at a party at a girls house whose parents were away but were ok with us drinking beer. Some guys left the party and went to a 7-11. The one, all buzzed, said to the clerk, "Give me all the money", then they left. The girl got the tag number and called the police. After that guy got dropped back at the party that driver got pulled over. He told where that other guy was and we had a detective and a whole heap of County Sheriffs knocking at the basement slider. We all got hauled in for underage drinking.

We were four to a car, even a girl in the front seat. The car was about a '70 Fury III with 440 Interceptor. Had a nice rumble. Out on the dual hiway I said "Let's see what she'll do" and the officer opened it up and got it rolling fast, then backed it down. I said, "This thing is hot!" as I took a drink of my beer :lol:. He saw me tilt the can and told me quite sternly, "Give me that beer!", I handed it up front, and he poured it out the window. That was my adventure in the back seat of a cop car :lol:

This one's probably faster. I should paint my Suburban like this one

CG 02-27-2024 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sign says for Michigan State Police.

special-K 02-29-2024 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That photo shows a lot of fury!

4u2nv 02-29-2024 09:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)