The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2wd Blazer and Jimmy's find thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=273187)

Big Block 11-23-2011 10:59 AM

Re: 2wd Blazer and Jimmy's find thread

Looks like you found the mother load!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

JOHNORO 11-28-2011 06:38 PM

Not mine..but I looked at it months ago, a little rough
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2714812507.html

Splash4195 11-28-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNORO (Post 5035771)
Not mine..but I looked at it months ago, a little rough
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2714812507.html

Why was it rough? Was the interior tore up?

RustyBucket 11-29-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffg1010 (Post 4871177)
Hey, welcome to the forum. This is a great resource.

Blazester has his '72 for sale. It is closer to you (in the Atlanta area). You could get it for around $20k, which in my opinion is a steal compared to what all has been done to it. I posted a few pics of it at the Auto Fair here in CLT on Saturday in THIS forum thread. He also has it for sale in the forum classifieds HERE

Of course, I wouldn't change much on his. It will go anywhere now. He's ran it on the Hot Rod Power Tour. It's already lowered (without bags). Of course, I am a daily driver guy. I wanna be able to enjoy mine everyday of the week, so I am not a big fan of airbags.

If I had the money (or the existing credit), that's the one I would be going for.

I'd like to thank jeffg1010 for posting the pics of Blazester's '72. After I read his post I talked to Blazester and he agreed to meet me half way on a Sunday in Valdosta to show it to me. He drove 4hrs. and so did I. I thought that he had no problem with an 8hr. road trip(round trip) was a good thing. NICE GUY! NICE BLAZER! I looked at it and drove it around.. he said "go ahead and GET ON IT!" ....IT'S FUN! I hadn't driven anything with a big block and a stick in a long time.... never had a big block, stick roadster before. We agreed on a price during the week. The next weekend, 11/30, I think, I towed my trailer up near Atlanta and brought it home. I've been busy and have only played with it a little but finally got it on my lift to look at it good underneath. COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!! Amazingly good floors and torsion boxes. Blazester had owned it 13yrs. and told me the few places that had metal repair. I got a very complete bundle of receipts that detailed what he had done to it. I got the original seats, hood, a 3.73 posi rear and the hard top. Factory A/C works good. Maybe just 'cause I'm old (60) but I'm thinkin' maybe the original seats, and a back bumper. I'm REALLY happy with my purchase and I hope BLAZESTER enjoys his nice '68 ElCamino... great transaction with another good guy on this site.

PHAT TONY 11-29-2011 12:01 PM

Good for you! That's a SUPER sweet Blazer!

jeffg1010 11-29-2011 12:14 PM

Hey man, that's what this site is for. AND... while I am EXTREMELY jealous, that is ONE SWEET BLAZER! If I had the cash (or credit, haha) I would already own it. And that thing will go anywhere. He's done the Hot Rod Power Tour with it a few times I think. It is the model of what most Blazers one day HOPE they'll be able to do. It's cool that you got the Tremec too. I would have wanted it that way too. He talked about swapping it out for an automatic.
Let me know what you are going to do with those seats!!! And if you decide not to run the roadster top, I GOT DIBS!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyBucket (Post 5037184)
I'd like to thank jeffg1010 for posting the pics of Blazester's '72. After I read his post I talked to Blazester and he agreed to meet me half way on a Sunday in Valdosta to show it to me. He drove 4hrs. and so did I. I thought that he had no problem with an 8hr. road trip(round trip) was a good thing. NICE GUY! NICE BLAZER! I looked at it and drove it around.. he said "go ahead and GET ON IT!" ....IT'S FUN! I hadn't driven anything with a big block and a stick in a long time.... never had a big block, stick roadster before. We agreed on a price during the week. The next weekend, 11/30, I think, I towed my trailer up near Atlanta and brought it home. I've been busy and have only played with it a little but finally got it on my lift to look at it good underneath. COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!! Amazingly good floors and torsion boxes. Blazester had owned it 13yrs. and told me the few places that had metal repair. I got a very complete bundle of receipts that detailed what he had done to it. I got the original seats, hood, a 3.73 posi rear and the hard top. Factory A/C works good. Maybe just 'cause I'm old (60) but I'm thinkin' maybe the original seats, and a back bumper. I'm REALLY happy with my purchase and I hope BLAZESTER enjoys his nice '68 ElCamino... great transaction with another good guy on this site.

Splash4195 11-29-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyBucket (Post 5037184)

Nice Blazer!

RustyBucket 11-30-2011 07:54 PM

Thanks all, I'm tickled with it... I'd been enjoying this thread all along. I've never bought a "done" hotrod before. I just wasn't making progress on my projects.. and wanted this real bad after I looked at it.

PHAT TONY 11-30-2011 08:08 PM

Is the top white? I'd like to see it on. I reckon you need to post up too many pics in the Blazer section!

RustyBucket 11-30-2011 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here 'tis... purty, ain't it?

jeffg1010 11-30-2011 08:24 PM

Man, I love that Blazer...
It even makes Ochre look good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyBucket (Post 5040177)

In fact... his Blazer has inspired my build so much, it graces the "man cave" fridge in my garage.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...0/d3ce8e6e.jpg

JOHNORO 11-30-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyBucket (Post 5040177)

Nice :metal:

JOHNORO 11-30-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash4195 (Post 5036391)
Why was it rough? Was the interior tore up?

interior ..paint, engine
all in all a 6 out of 10 in my book

npauto 11-30-2011 08:45 PM

Some very nice 2wd Blazers, I hope to own one some day.

Hope this doesn't derail the thread but I'm looking for a top for a 1972 2wd Blazer.
I'm interested in buying a 72 2wd but it comes without a top.
I'm from Canada but no hard tops to be found up here so I will have to expand my search.

Anyone out there know of one in good shape?

Thanks

tnamarine 11-30-2011 09:21 PM

Do you need a single wall or double wall? Theres a guy out here on the coast with a decent black single wall for sale for $300. Needs a little bit of work on the hatch but nothing major at all. I was going to pick it up but i need a double wall to match the holes in my bed. Let me know if you want his contact info and i'll gladly pass it along

PHAT TONY 12-01-2011 02:22 AM

You could try Scotts Super Trucks in Penhold, he may be able to help.

npauto 12-02-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnamarine (Post 5040309)
Do you need a single wall or double wall? Theres a guy out here on the coast with a decent black single wall for sale for $300. Needs a little bit of work on the hatch but nothing major at all. I was going to pick it up but i need a double wall to match the holes in my bed. Let me know if you want his contact info and i'll gladly pass it along

I think I would prefer a double wall as well, from what I've heard they help make for a quieter interior. I don't know for sure what this Blazer came with original because all holes have been filled and is not set up for a top but the only way I am interested in buying it is if I can put a top on it.

npauto 12-02-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHAT TONY (Post 5040885)
You could try Scotts Super Trucks in Penhold, he may be able to help.

Sent them an email a week or so ago, no reply yet. I will have to give them a call one of these days.

lt155ruck 12-27-2011 02:40 PM

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/2722279813.html

bobshotrodblazer 12-27-2011 02:46 PM

sweet deal for somebody

Splash4195 12-27-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lt155ruck (Post 5085664)

Wow not bad!

lt155ruck 12-30-2011 12:06 AM

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...lazer_16436640

Splash4195 12-30-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lt155ruck (Post 5090524)

No Pictures!

lt155ruck 12-31-2011 12:06 AM

Sorry, I have sent an email and no response yet. I'll post if I get any.

Splash4195 03-01-2012 06:16 PM

Let's post them up people. I think I'm in the market to find one now.