The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   intro + 66 black bagged long fleet (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=449548)

dbomb53 06-07-2013 07:24 PM

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

Dude! Your work is looking killer...:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

dbomb53 06-07-2013 07:25 PM

Hopefully your not gonna put a floor in it so you can show off your work!
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 06-07-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbomb53 (Post 6112676)
Dude! Your work is looking killer...:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbomb53 (Post 6112677)
Hopefully your not gonna put a floor in it so you can show off your work!
Posted via Mobile Device

thanx dbomb :metal::metal::metal: and ive had a plan for a long time to make the bed floor fold up in between the wheel tubs, im gonna put some hinges on the boards at the front of the bed so i can lift it up to show it off, plus make it super easy to work on :metal::metal::metal: im also gonna install led light strips under the boards to light it all up when i wanna show it off at night :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

im pretty stoked about doing the bed floor but that will be the last step on this build

Dinos63 06-08-2013 10:58 AM

that exhaust is bananas very slick!!always sic work kat

McMurphy 06-08-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6113116)
thanx dbomb :metal::metal::metal: and ive had a plan for a long time to make the bed floor fold up in between the wheel tubs, im gonna put some hinges on the boards at the front of the bed so i can lift it up to show it off, plus make it super easy to work on :metal::metal::metal: im also gonna install led light strips under the boards to light it all up when i wanna show it off at night :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

im pretty stoked about doing the bed floor but that will be the last step on this build

I have plans for a custom bed deck as well, with many of the options you just mentioned as well, and for the same reasons !!
You :metal: Coulter, you da man !!

vegadesign 06-08-2013 02:12 PM

subscribed

just looked at pritty much the whole thread, very cool bro
nice to see another bagged truck with trailing arms

keep up the good work man

coulter 06-08-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 6113528)
that exhaust is bananas very slick!!always sic work kat

thanx dino :metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6113717)
I have plans for a custom bed deck as well, with many of the options you just mentioned as well, and for the same reasons !!
You :metal: Coulter, you da man !!

thanx murph :metal::metal::metal:
ya im suprised ive never seen it done yet.. it will be so handy to be able to lift it up.. its like a truck with a trunk :lol::lol::lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegadesign (Post 6113729)
subscribed

just looked at pritty much the whole thread, very cool bro
nice to see another bagged truck with trailing arms

keep up the good work man

thanx man!! i dont get out of the 60-66 forums very often but im glad i checked out ur truck!! i like how u mounted the rear bags, ive never seen it done like that :metal::metal:

vegadesign 06-08-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6113963)

thanx man!! i dont get out of the 60-66 forums very often but im glad i checked out ur truck!! i like how u mounted the rear bags, ive never seen it done like that :metal::metal:

Thanks bro
I try to make it ride good and functional for handling, avoiding body roll.

How's that paint holding up on the tires?
I really want to paint mine but unsure of what I should use and I've heard a lot of jetliner fusion doing badass work for whitewalls
Posted via Mobile Device

groundbound64 06-09-2013 01:13 AM

Just looked over build.. SWEET work, SWEET truck !!!! Keep it up :metal:

coulter 06-09-2013 01:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vegadesign (Post 6114026)
Thanks bro
I try to make it ride good and functional for handling, avoiding body roll.

How's that paint holding up on the tires?
I really want to paint mine but unsure of what I should use and I've heard a lot of jetliner fusion doing badass work for whitewalls
Posted via Mobile Device

well it looked great for a couple months but they discolored pretty bad. ive read that you cant paint new tires without them turning a lil brown.. i tryed to clean them with bleach, degreaser, soap and water and windex..lol i thought that would get enough of the oil off to make them stay wait but i guess i was wrong..lol im hoping if i just paint them again that they will stay white this time.. Ill have to look into that jetliner fusion

Quote:

Originally Posted by groundbound64 (Post 6114512)
Just looked over build.. SWEET work, SWEET truck !!!! Keep it up :metal:

thanx man!!!

well no work on the truck today but i decided i needed a suicide shifter and clutch on my harley so i made a bracket to relocate the clutch cable to the original shifter lever and made a suicide shifter out of an old door knob..
i got everything working good and its a blast to ride.. a lil tricky taking off but im starting to get pretty smooth with it now.. its actually way easier to find neutral now!!!
next step is to trim the old shift lever down and grind the shifter smooth and paint it and the bracket.. i will get some good pics after its all done
quicky cell pic

dr69burb 06-09-2013 11:54 AM

Harley is bad ass man. If thought about doing suicide shift on my sporty but I'm afraid. Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 06-09-2013 12:39 PM

thanx!! its actually pretty easy except for the taking off from a stop, but im getting used to it now. its really easy to shift though

coulter 06-14-2013 04:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Posted via Mobile Device
Not much of an update but my heat wrap and flex couplings came in so i finished up the exhaust. Gonna wait for the paint to cure real good before i install.

Also got a new air cleaner for my bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinos63 06-14-2013 05:29 PM

sic bike kat!

coulter 06-14-2013 06:07 PM

thanx man!!!

chad64chevy 06-14-2013 10:18 PM

that exhaust is crazy cool, I like it!! my exhaust will be easy a straight pipe to a 45* to a tip! it will come out just before the rear tires, bet your wanting to really drive it with as close as you are

Jmorales3181 06-15-2013 02:16 PM

I can almost hear it now! Can't wait man! Looks nice. That bike looks super clean too!:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

laynrockers 06-15-2013 03:13 PM

Great job on the exhaust. I am planning mine out right now. Going with 3" as well but i'm running a cam'd LS. Hopefully it will achieve the sound we are looking for!! Great job on the build always love cheking in, Keep it up..

clemdaddy 06-16-2013 05:47 AM

man, i really love the bike... its the time of year for crusin' and you'll be styling on that bike. we pushed the bbq to this fall and it looks like your truck will be good to go. look forward to seeing it in person. looks great...

coulter 06-17-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 6124015)
that exhaust is crazy cool, I like it!! my exhaust will be easy a straight pipe to a 45* to a tip! it will come out just before the rear tires, bet your wanting to really drive it with as close as you are

ya man im getting pretty pumped!!! if i could just stay away from my bike long enough to get my truck done...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6124723)
I can almost hear it now! Can't wait man! Looks nice. That bike looks super clean too!:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

thanx man!!! ur paint turned out killer :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynrockers (Post 6124779)
Great job on the exhaust. I am planning mine out right now. Going with 3" as well but i'm running a cam'd LS. Hopefully it will achieve the sound we are looking for!! Great job on the build always love cheking in, Keep it up..

thanx for watching man!!! hope your exhaust turns out how you want. its a fun part of the project :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6125681)
man, i really love the bike... its the time of year for crusin' and you'll be styling on that bike. we pushed the bbq to this fall and it looks like your truck will be good to go. look forward to seeing it in person. looks great...

thanx man!!! i ended up going to a bike ralley instead of installing my exhaust.. its super fun to ride with that jockey shift on it!!! people look at me like WTF when im riding it :lol::lol::lol:
Fall will be perfect.. i should have it running and all the little bugs worked out by then

Jmorales3181 07-05-2013 10:20 PM

Thank man! Any updates????
Posted via Mobile Device

vegadesign 07-06-2013 01:38 AM

Back to the truck bro!
Posted via Mobile Device

ChefCy 07-22-2013 07:47 AM

SICK!!
Nice HD.

I just laid my 06 RK down this past friday when a douche decided to slam on his brakes at a green light in the rain.

coulter 07-24-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6158827)
Thank man! Any updates????
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegadesign (Post 6159079)
Back to the truck bro!
Posted via Mobile Device

i should have some updates this weekend :metal::metal::metal: i finally got my seat back from the upholstrey shop. also got my exhaust done and installed. just doing a lil work on the wiring inside the cab so i can put the seat in

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefCy (Post 6184390)
SICK!!
Nice HD.

I just laid my 06 RK down this past friday when a douche decided to slam on his brakes at a green light in the rain.

thanx man and sorry to hear about ur wreck. that sux man. did you get hurt?

ChefCy 07-24-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6188354)

thanx man and sorry to hear about ur wreck. that sux man. did you get hurt?

Not too bad, banged and bruised. Engine guard (lindby) did its job. My choices were to either swerve left and hit the curb into a wall or right into cars or straight. I chose straight but as my bike came closer and closer to the douche I chose to lock my brakes and lay it down to avoid going into his truck and over my bars. Now my bags are scratched up. Im thinking of plasti dippin now