The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-11-2019 02:10 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

5 Attachment(s)
I couldn't be happier. Three guys showed up this morning, we mounted the cab, and then the primary paint dude and I spent the next 12 hours building the body today. I'm real impressed with this guy, he led most of the day.

We have a few minor adjustments left, but basically got her done. I finished the day torquing the body mounts to minimum. and that didn't change a thing, we're square and level too. Next up are the inner fenders, mount the bed, and mark for all the moldings. Then we blast her apart for paint:chevy:

There are going to be three guys working on the body and paint. My buddy, his brother and friend. They all work at the same shop. I suspect I may actually be done last next year or early the next:lol: 7-8 years I think:metal: Couple pics from today.

And yeah Grumps you were right. All those body measurements I took before I tore the truck down was a wasted effort:lol::lol::waah:

66clow 08-11-2019 09:58 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A few custom touches with my dimple dies and bead roller.

C10ETC Instagram

weq92f 08-11-2019 10:28 AM

Looking good. Nice custom touches.

-klb

Pearly72 08-11-2019 11:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got some 15x8 rallies from a fellow C10-er in Idaho. Painted them last week (Ochre) to match the accent stripes and interior. Installed = satisfied me.

57Suburb 08-12-2019 08:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A shout out to Daniel Stern Lighting for hooking me up with my new H4 headlamps.:metal:

landarts 08-13-2019 08:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Worked on building a cab cart that will also tilt forward for access to roof and floor bottom when needed. Cart will also have another extension off the back so it will hold a bed. The mounts are sleeved and will have clevis pins for raising and lowering if needed. In the future I will design a few other attachments that will sleeve in so I can mount a fenders, bedside, hood, etc for painting or body work.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-14-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearly72 (Post 8574700)
Got some 15x8 rallies from a fellow C10-er in Idaho. Painted them last week (Ochre) to match the accent stripes and interior. Installed = satisfied me.

They look awesome. Ochre is a beautiful, especially broken up with chrome, black etc....I just ignore the haters:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarts (Post 8575377)
Worked on building a cab cart that will also tilt forward for access to roof and floor bottom when needed. Cart will also have another extension off the back so it will hold a bed. The mounts are sleeved and will have clevis pins for raising and lowering if needed. In the future I will design a few other attachments that will sleeve in so I can mount a fenders, bedside, hood, etc for painting or body work.

That cart is sweet, nice job.

OutlawM92 08-15-2019 07:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Been searching forever to find an original tach cluster for my '69 C10.. FINALLY found one. Came out of a '71 C60 and even has the air pressure gauge! The guy was thinking on scrapping the heavy hauler since he hardly had any bites and I'm so glad I stuck to it and got him to pull it and ship it to me. Once it arrived, I started pulling it apart and got everything cleaned up and needles repainted/straightened. Cleaning that lens was nerve-wracking! Sweating the whole time lol ..but it turned out good. Put lights in it to match the theme of my truck. I used the bezel already in my truck since the one it wore had a big crack on the bottom and around the other mounting holes. The only thing left to do is put in the tach harness this weekend and she's ready to rock to the show on Sunday!

NoStopN 08-15-2019 07:40 PM

Just out of curiosity, what is the air pressure gauge monitoring?

OutlawM92 08-15-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoStopN (Post 8576830)
Just out of curiosity, what is the air pressure gauge monitoring?

On the C60, air brakes etc.. as of right now, nothing.. the future may hold something for it.. makes a nice conversation piece for now :lol:

Already Gone 08-15-2019 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutlawM92 (Post 8576833)
On the C60, air brakes etc.. as of right now, nothing.. the future may hold something for it.. makes a nice conversation piece for now :lol:

You could stick a vacuum gauge in there with a line to the the intake tree. Thats the way mine is and the vacuum gauge works great.

66clow 08-15-2019 09:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started building filler panels

mygmctruck1 08-16-2019 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Slowly installing cab trim .

mygmctruck1 08-16-2019 09:54 PM

Today , I installed the center Ac vent and heater / Ac control . Wiring harness under dash and hook up to start soon. I am primarily test fitting everything . Will remove most of it to do wiring and then do my final install.

jimijam00 08-16-2019 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutlawM92 (Post 8576827)
Put lights in it to match the theme of my truck.

I've got red bulbs in mine, but they are barely visible unless it is pitch dark, and even then they are not very bright. Which bulbs did you use, and are they bright in person, or just in the pic due the the camera setting?

rowdy11 08-17-2019 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Topcoat on frame before & after. Swimming in deep water now!

NoStopN 08-17-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutlawM92 (Post 8576833)

Yeah, I figured the C10 didn't have any need for an air pressure gauge...unless you plan to put blower on it. :lol: Then it would be a great place for a boost gauge.

70STOVEBOLT 08-18-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoStopN (Post 8577783)
Yeah, I figured the C10 didn't have any need for an air pressure gauge...unless you plan to put blower on it. :lol: Then it would be a great place for a boost gauge.

That is a great idea. Boost gauge

OregonNed 08-18-2019 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fueled up and finished my new to me ashtray for paint

67C10Step 08-18-2019 02:07 PM

Well, I was going to finish tearing all the old wood and welded in angle iron out of the bed of my truck but after changing oil/filter and spark plugs in my little work car it was already 95 outside and the humidity is making it feel like 102.

Did blast the underside of one step and get it primed Friday evening. Slow going during the dog days of summer.

JerryIndy2112 08-18-2019 03:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Paint my grill after straightening some of the dents to the best of my ability.

rustytruck50 08-18-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryIndy2112 (Post 8578173)
Paint my grill after straightening some of the dents to the best of my ability.

That turned out really good! Need to bring mine over to you....
I got my brakes done and drove the truck up to Mickey D's...the exhaust was a bit loud for the kids in the drive thru...had to shut the truck off to correct the order:lol::metal:
First time I've had the truck out on the street in about a year...felt real good!:metal: :cool:

jabborabbo 08-18-2019 05:40 PM

Well, after stripping a thread in the bowl on the Rochester B carb, I had hoped that a machine shop could put Heli-coil inserts in, but no...drilled and tapped the holes out to allow a 1/4-28 bolt, punched 1/4 holes in the gasket, and drilled out the choke cable flange to 1/4 inch, put it all together and I’m back on the road...for the time being.... I’m happy!

72c20customcamper 08-19-2019 06:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got my A/C straightened out . Evacuated the system added some lube and recharged with new r12 . Just hair over 3 lbs 81° out and its blowing 41°.
Also started disassembly of the 68s nose to get ready to take the cab off. Very little rust so far none on the floors just the RH rocker

And on a side note some nice CAB Tomahawk Texas steak for dinner .

72c20customcamper 08-23-2019 06:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well I did find some holes in the passenger floor. Not alot but decided to cut out the thin areas and replace . Used my stretcher and shrinker for the first time today makes life that much easier