The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Ol Blue K20 02-20-2018 04:44 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

1 Attachment(s)
Pick for Tim!!!!!! What we had served for lunch. A very high quality Brunswick hockey puck thats bee grilled to "extra well done" quality. This will be served on a standard quality Sysco brand bun. Included on this fine fair is "previously frozen" tomato slices, red onion rings and extremely soggylettuce leafs......As a small treat Lay's classic chips and a 6oz pepsi az well

Killer Bee 02-20-2018 05:06 PM

fifth wheel trailer passenger requirements

:ito:

Dustmaker65 02-20-2018 07:23 PM

So now you guys are trying to get me in trouble with the GF! I was telling her about the Tillamook cheese, so she buys some for me to try. As she is unpacking the groceries she throws the Tillamook cheese at me and says "tell your buddies they have way to much money to be friends with you!"

So I am guessing that it is a little more expensive than the cheese we get standing in line for???

davischevy 02-20-2018 10:19 PM

A frugal woman. Good choice.

I'm hurt that she doesn't like your choice of friends.

davischevy 02-20-2018 10:20 PM

Are you old enough to remember standing in line for cheese?

Dustmaker65 02-20-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8193520)

I am! There was a time my father was laid off and we went to get cheese! I was young then and now :)

And actually, she does like you guys alot more than the guys I used ride with a few years ago.

davischevy 02-21-2018 12:14 PM

My mothers parents were poor as church mice. Never owned a piece of property or a car. They rented from the same family all their lives.

I remember going to get them and taking them up to the county shop and them standing in line for "commodities".

My dad wouldn't go. He wasn't too proud of my maternal grandfather because of his lack of ambition. My grandfather was perfectly happy owning nothing. My life would be much simpler if I had inherited his gene.

leddzepp 02-21-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8193520)

Welfare cheese...yuck :lol:

GOPAPA 02-21-2018 12:41 PM

Acually ,,the welfare Cheese my folks got back in the day was Tillamook Cheese as we were only about 100 miles from Tillamook ,,at that time is was a Government hand out ( I think it was a time when work was hard to find ,,as my dad was a hard working logger with his own logging business) ,,we would get cheese ,butter, dried milk, and other things.. we had to drive to a town some 18 miles from us to get it.. He was a proud man so my mother and I went and got it..

It was a big ol brick of cheese about 4 inches square by a foot long I think and very very good ,, like candy to me ..with some salt crackers.

davischevy 02-21-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8193895)

Dang, LZ, I didn't think you were old enough to remember hard times.

First thing we know you will be telling old time stories like the rest of us.

special-K 02-21-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8193350)
So now you guys are trying to get me in trouble with the GF! I was telling her about the Tillamook cheese, so she buys some for me to try. As she is unpacking the groceries she throws the Tillamook cheese at me and says "tell your buddies they have way to much money to be friends with you!"

So I am guessing that it is a little more expensive than the cheese we get standing in line for???

I'll start eating cheaper cheese so we can still be friends.
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8193915)
Dang, LZ, I didn't think you were old enough to remember hard times.

I think this shows he's old enough to know what hard times are but too young to know they used to give good cheese. It's probably processed cheese food product these days.

Dustmaker65 02-21-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8193936)
I'll start eating cheaper cheese so we can still be friends.

She read this and said I can sell some truck parts and buy my own darn cheese...lol.

Thanks Tim! But I am going to try and move up a couple notches to join you guys. If I sell this building for my asking price, I will buy my GF a block of cheese too!

Dustmaker65 02-21-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

I really don't remember what it taste like. But I will bet ya that I ate it if it was on the table. Not like the kids of today...

davischevy 02-21-2018 08:39 PM

I ate it when I went to my grandparents. I think it was fine.

leddzepp 02-21-2018 08:47 PM

I remember standing in line with grandma to get it. That was in the late 70’s. Yes it was processed, just a giant block of velveeta :lol: I remember using it as trout bait at the lake too.

davischevy 02-21-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8193577)
I am! There was a time my father was laid off and we went to get cheese! I was young then and now :)

And actually, she does like you guys alot more than the guys I used ride with a few years ago.

Ah yes, the guys we used to ride with.

That's not a problem around here. Only one of them is still alive. One was a lawyer/judge. Nobody misses him.

GOPAPA 02-21-2018 08:50 PM

HEY CHEESE HEADS,,,What we need is one of you Forum members from Wisconsin to brag about your cheeses..

I bet it's as good ..

davischevy 02-21-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8194301)
I remember standing in line with grandma to get it. That was in the late 70’s. Yes it was processed, just a giant block of velveeta :lol: I remember using it as trout bait at the lake too.

Yep, velveeta is a good description.

I knew your criticism of the stuff was fishy.

Dustmaker65 02-21-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

I think it was '74 when my Dad was laid off and we got it.

But did you catch any fish with it?

Dustmaker65 02-21-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8194302)
Ah yes, the guys we used to ride with.

That's not a problem around here. Only one of them is still alive. One was a lawyer/judge. Nobody misses him.

I sold my Harley's off to buy the old dealership building....probably the best thing I have done in many years! They always seem to get me in some type of trouble.

davischevy 02-21-2018 10:10 PM

A really nice body shop closed a couple years ago a half mile from my house. The owner had it built a few years ago and worked there until he retired. It still has the paint booth and frame machine in it. I have been over there twice with the realtor to look at it

I have a guy wanting to buy the property behind my house. I bush hog it twice a year and pay taxes on it.

I'm thinking I could use the body shop.

Dustmaker65 02-21-2018 10:35 PM

A very long time ago, I had an old timer tell me to buy all of the land I could afford to buy! They will never make any more...

I have not had the chance to buy much land around here. It is all farm ground and stays in the families. If it does go up for sale it goes for 10k an acre! So I buy the next best thing...houses that are foreclosed on. Buy them cheap and dump a ton of money and time in them to rent out. Sure is a lot of work!

Advanced Design 02-22-2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8194422)
A really nice body shop closed a couple years ago a half mile from my house. The owner had it built a few years ago and worked there until he retired. It still has the paint booth and frame machine in it. I have been over there twice with the realtor to look at it

I have a guy wanting to buy the property behind my house. I bush hog it twice a year and pay taxes on it.

I'm thinking I could use the body shop.

I would be concerned what the guy would do with the land behind my house.

Dustmaker, I had an old timer tell me the same when I was a kid. They aren't making any more land, it won't burn up or be stolen away. A good investment.

special-K 02-22-2018 07:17 AM

Land is always a good investment, but some land may not appreciate much at all, some can drop in value due to changes of events, and during the depths of the great recession it either had no buyers or it was going for fire sale prices. Land is a long term investment that needs to be sold when the market is right. And these days the right time has become most important. Back before people became so fickle land was a good investment you could make out on any time you sold.

Quote:

How to make a grilled cheese sandwich with gov't cheese:

* put two pieces of bread in toaster
* cut the cheese
* slice a slab of cheese off the block
* remove toast from toaster
* apply condiment of choice to toast
* lay slab of cheese between toast
* leave on plate at room temp for ten minutes to melt cheese

Grumpy old man 02-22-2018 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=special-K;8194644]Land is always a good investment, but some land may not appreciate much at all, some can drop in value due to changes of events, and during the depths of the great recession it either had no buyers or it was going for fire sale prices. Land is a long term investment that needs to be sold when the market is right. And these days the right time has become most important. Back before people became so fickle land was a good investment you could make out on any time you sold.

Tuesday Ms Grumpy and I went to look at 2 different lakefront properties each needing extensive home remodeling but they both had nice lake frontage and were priced way below market value , I'm talking $150,000.00 + below market . They looked like great investment properties online ,Well the first one looked good in the pictures 2 acres sitting in between 2 - $300,000.00 occupied homes but when we got there we quickly realized why someone had given up on the place it was basically a swamp with so many frogs croaking I didn't even walk up to the place :lol:

The second place was sitting on a small bluff overlooking a beautiful lake front view again needing restoration but a serious lakefront home large stone fireplaces and a detached 3 car building , I walked around it for an hour before we left and we realized the only way into the property was past a long time residents "place" That I can only describe as 2 acres of pure trash and running loose pigs /dogs/cats and piles of trash strewn everywhere by the animals . I'm not talking a little here and there it was so bad you would need a week with a bobcat and 3-4 large demo trailers to clean it up smack dab right in the middle of $300,000.00 + lake homes ,It just ruined the whole deal it was so bad ...:smoke:

There is plenty of nice land for sale around here cheap and with all the influx of major trucking companies, automakers and tech manufactures and homes going up everywhere the place is booming . :chevy: