The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

crossfire84 09-06-2012 07:09 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

3 Attachment(s)
just received my adapters today now rears match front bolt pattern.

mknittle 09-06-2012 08:33 PM

Those look good.

mknittle 09-06-2012 10:56 PM

I bit the bullet and cut and drilled the holes for the brake booster. I was going to use a hydro boost but i have a couple vacumn boosters laying around so .......... It will look cleaner any way.

arturo7 09-07-2012 12:28 AM

Picked up this little guy at HF for the ATF/Acetone rust solution. Not bad for two-niny-nine.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...76/oil_can.JPG

Dan in Pasadena 09-07-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arturo7 (Post 5579149)
...niny"...

Really?:lol:

OrrieG 09-07-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossfire84 (Post 5578490)
just received my adapters today now rears match front bolt pattern.

Looks like a nicer version of the ones I had on my VW Panel to run Chevy Ralley wheels in the 70's

RINC 09-07-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 5579204)
Looks like a nicer version of the ones I had on my VW Panel to run Chevy Ralley wheels in the 70's

Tell me Orrie, the rear wheelwells were cut out to clear the big tyres ?

I got the call today that my Posie springs were dropped off at the shop. The wide whites tyres are there. The rims are at the coater.

My buddy said to me that there will be some cool but subtle paint details on the body an trim. I been halfheartedly looking for a vintage window cooler.

WoOhOo ! Is it november yet for our Goodguys show ?

Dan in Pasadena 09-07-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINC (Post 5579279)

I got the call today that my Posie springs were dropped off at the shop.

Fronts, rears or a full set? I'm very curious about Posie's Supersliders. Are you using the springs only or are you also using a dropped axle?
Posted via Mobile Device

1project2many 09-07-2012 12:31 PM

I spent a couple of hours driving and logging data last night. Hope to burn another chip this weekend. I'm already liking the new computer.

mknittle 09-07-2012 08:21 PM

I worked on it all day and got nothing done. Murphy was following me all day:lol:
Iwent to the hardware store and forgot the and forgot the one thing that I neededbut managed to get a couple that I didn't. Then i came home and drilled two holes in the wrong place and scraped a part.After that I changed the whole design.:lol: some days are like that.

OrrieG 09-08-2012 12:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RINC (Post 5579279)
Tell me Orrie, the rear wheelwells were cut out to clear the big tyres ?

Yes, used the chevy rims to get bigger off road tires for rock and trail crawling in the Southwest (went to school in AZ, met my wife in ElPaso). Here is a before, after and engine shot. Traded a mint 64 bug body for the van, kept my engine. It was a 1200 with all the goodies, Norris Cam, aluminum pulley, 010 mechanical dist, headers, oil cooler, Holley 2 barrel carb. had Porsche chrome front wheels.

arturo7 09-08-2012 02:42 AM

started here

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...1/IMG_1713.JPG

ended here

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/IMG_1870.JPG

What a frickin mess!

crossfire84 09-08-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arturo7 (Post 5581019)

it may be a mess now, but wait when it hits the road, you will have the last laugh.

seanery 09-08-2012 10:33 AM

Orrie G,

Competition Motors is where James Dean bought his Porsche 550 Spyder. Your pic looks like it's from the San Diego dealership, not the Hollywood dealership, however.

CM was THE Porsche distributor on the west coast.

RINC 09-08-2012 02:38 PM

Nice Orrie !

Got new springs from Posies

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...54Chevy016.jpg

OrrieG 09-08-2012 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanery (Post 5581287)
Orrie G,

Competition Motors is where James Dean bought his Porsche 550 Spyder. Your pic looks like it's from the San Diego dealership, not the Hollywood dealership, however.

CM was THE Porsche distributor on the west coast.

I got it from CM in El Paso Tx. The Owner mechanic was named Rudy. Can't remember the last name.

Here is what $45 gets you a the wrecking yard.

Rudoo 09-09-2012 09:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started removing 2 layers of old vinyl. All the original cotton and batting under. Along with years of critter stuff :barf:

mknittle 09-10-2012 09:02 PM

I looked at it.I took my wife to a doctors appt. and on the way home we stopped here.

http://tognottisautoworld.com/

itook my tape measure and checked a couple things. my wife had fun looking at parts even if she didn't know what they do LOL!

Rude Dude 09-10-2012 09:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hooked up the steering and repainted the firewall it was way to glossy for me!

Chevette 09-10-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 5585808)
I looked at it.I took my wife to a doctors appt. and on the way home we stopped here.

http://tognottisautoworld.com/

itook my tape measure and checked a couple things. my wife had fun looking at parts even if she didn't know what they do LOL!

"Tognotti" rings a bell with me. Aren't they the engine builders that built race engines for the Sprint Cars. If memory serves me, a lot of the Sprint Car owners were running Gambler chassis and Tognotti race engines. I used to frequent Skagit Speedway. It's all coming back to me, but I wish I could remember where I put my glasses, my car keys and......oh ya....my pants....where the heck are my pants?

Daze57 09-11-2012 12:01 AM

chevette

''I wish I could remember where I put my glasses, my car keys and......oh ya....my pants....where the heck are my pants?

you funny !

OrrieG 09-11-2012 12:08 AM

Spent $60 of my truck parts money on a transmission for the lawn mower. ARRRGGGHHHHH. Cheap Chinese s*** that will probably be replaced by the same stuff. Told the wife no more burnouts!

mknittle 09-11-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevette (Post 5585965)
"Tognotti" rings a bell with me. Aren't they the engine builders that built race engines for the Sprint Cars. If memory serves me, a lot of the Sprint Car owners were running Gambler chassis and Tognotti race engines. I used to frequent Skagit Speedway. It's all coming back to me, but I wish I could remember where I put my glasses, my car keys and......oh ya....my pants....where the heck are my pants?

they used be pretty heavy into sprint cars years ago. When I started going there about 35 years ago they had a special counter for sprint car parts:lol:

mknittle 09-11-2012 06:24 PM

:lol:I worked on mu uglu zit of a vaccume booster:lol:

mknittle 09-13-2012 10:00 PM

I got my brake booster and brace mounted so I can figure where to weld the arm that accuates the brakes.

lankster35 09-13-2012 10:24 PM

Wiped the dust off it....but I did remove and install a new harmonic balancer on my 68 Pontiac Tempest.......Runs great now.....

OrrieG 09-14-2012 12:15 AM

Last night started on the gas door install. Made a template and determined the curve is almost dead on to match the TF bed; the stock inside filler part will not work without significant modification and the inner panel is history. Details will be posted in my build thread.

Nordic 09-14-2012 01:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bed installed one fender painted

Dan in Pasadena 09-14-2012 03:31 PM

Damn, that looks so good. What color is that? Did you do all the body work and the painting yourself? Products used, if you don't mind telling us.

arturo7 09-14-2012 04:44 PM

bought a pickle fork

mknittle 09-14-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 5592317)
Bed installed one fender painted

Nice!:metal:

Nordic 09-14-2012 05:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dan , yes all done in my garage, Color used was 89 gm autumn maple met single stage LIMCO paint. Rear bumper and tail lights finished. Yes there are some minor dings that showed up but not to worried because this will be more of fun/usable truck than a show truck

mknittle 09-14-2012 05:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got my brake pedal done.

Kabwe 09-14-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 5592638)
I got my brake pedal done.

About time.lol Just joking man it looks really nice.

I tried to get some work done this weekend and a neighbor call the police on me.lol Man all I was doing was DA sanding. The cop was cool he just told me "hey one of you neighbors called but I can't tell you who it was. I had to come out because they called but you can go back to work."lol Man it was one o'clock in the afternoon. I lost the desire to work after that, I have to move to the outskirts of town.

Jyman 09-14-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 5592773)
About time.lol Just joking man it looks really nice.

I tried to get some work done this weekend and a neighbor call the police on me.lol Man all I was doing was DA sanding. The cop was cool he just told me "hey one of you neighbors called but I can't tell you who it was. I had to come out because they called but you can go back to work."lol Man it was one o'clock in the afternoon. I lost the desire to work after that, I have to move to the outskirts of town.

Thats happened to me a couple times banging out the dents on the fenders, cop shows up and says "we have a complaint about ....., but hey nice truck. Well I don't see any complaint here" then about a half a dozen questions about the truck. Then he tells me "Well have a great day, Get back to work and can't wait to see it on the road." :cool:

OrrieG 09-14-2012 11:16 PM

In my neighborhood we get suspicious if it is too quiet. Older part of town, lots of gearheads and no neighborhood rules. Out of courtesty everyone usually only does heavy grinding and banging from 8am to 9pm.

Dan in Pasadena 09-15-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 5592773)
...Man it was one o'clock in the afternoon....

Ok, well then try one o'clock in the morning and see if they like it better?!:lol:

Daze57 09-15-2012 12:59 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .............no ! i got a ''neighbor who did that - no regard at all for other ppl who wrk late and come home late (me) -the man showed up twice - finally impounded his vehicle then he sold it - i am all for workin on trucks but c;mon man common sense ?this kid had none

Jyman 09-15-2012 01:30 AM

I still think I have the worst neighbor living beside me, the cop once showed up because of a noise complaint about my wind chime. even the cop was annoyed at the complaint from my neighbor.

spent the part of the day making mounting plates for the motor mount, I think 3/8 plate steal will be strong enough to hold the motor. and yes i know way over kill but thats all i had laying around.

msaintg 09-15-2012 07:12 AM

I just started a new job this week working from midnight till noon. I don't know when I'm going to be able to work on my truck that does not disturb the wifes sleep, much less the neighbors. :(
All I did to my truck this week is clean up the garage area around it and get my gas bottle filled.