The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Slosh Tubz SEMA 2015 Build "BOOSTED BERTHA" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=643425)

Bomp 01-19-2016 09:34 AM

Re: Slosh Tubz SEMA 2015 Build "BOOSTED BERTHA"

Bar, One notch higher is set it is.

67cheby 01-22-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax (Post 7451927)
I'm not sure Custom really describes this truck anymore, this thing will be unbelievable! Can't wait for more updates and very much looking forward to seeing the finished product, if such a thing exist ;)

thanks man, I hope the "finished product" is in sight ! LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 7451969)
Looking great! Better hurry up. You're delaying your 2017 Sema build. Lol

I know right !!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7452392)
Just getting better and better Mike.

thanks man
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 7452690)
Mike, that is some super interior stuff your building, nice job...Jim

I am trying, I am no interior guy I can tell you that !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7452740)
Man, the interior of this truck is just awesome! Is that console top he made, made out of wood? I really like the pieces going around and down the back of the seat. is that all steel? Great work here!

Thanks man, yes a friend of mine made it for me out of sections of mdf glued together
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7453134)
man, you are logging the hours on the interior. looks real trick… can't wait for a ride.

seems like I am getting no where ! LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7453164)
Bar, One notch higher is set it is.

thanks Bomp !

67cheby 01-22-2016 10:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This interior is kicking my butt and wasting a lot of valuable time, I am trying to come up with a clean / custom door panel and like I said before I am certainly no interior design guy !

watahyahknow 01-22-2016 11:29 AM

those panels are huge and its realy hard to make sumtin that makes it look less bulky
been thinking about mine for a while ('86 squarebody doors ) , i think the best option would be to use google pictures and just look wat will work
too bad the dash is not comming intoo the interior or else you couldve shaped it intoo the doorpanels and have them flow down intoo doorholds and intoo armrests
making cardholders in the bottom might break it up a little too , if theres room below the window mecanism you could have the pockets inside the doors

slammed57 01-22-2016 08:27 PM

BOY! am I late to the party!!! looks feakin awsome!:metal::metal::metal:

67cheby 01-23-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7456841)
those panels are huge and its realy hard to make sumtin that makes it look less bulky
been thinking about mine for a while ('86 squarebody doors ) , i think the best option would be to use google pictures and just look wat will work
too bad the dash is not comming intoo the interior or else you couldve shaped it intoo the doorpanels and have them flow down intoo doorholds and intoo armrests
making cardholders in the bottom might break it up a little too , if theres room below the window mecanism you could have the pockets inside the doors

yep its tricky trying to figure out something !
Quote:

Originally Posted by slammed57 (Post 7457484)
BOY! am I late to the party!!! looks feakin awsome!:metal::metal::metal:

Thanks man !

mjh1965 01-23-2016 10:34 AM

I think a door pocket in the bottom would break it up a bit . The one in my work van is handy . You could also trim it like the dash to tie it all in . But I am sure whatever you do will look great .

67cheby 01-25-2016 10:18 AM

5 Attachment(s)
how about some weekend progress I started by working on the kick panels to house the Kicker mids and highs. I first stretched and glued on the fleece next applied a coat of resin once that was dry I sanded it down and knocked off the high spots to get it ready for a second coat of resin. When the second coat dried I knocked that down and added some fiberglass filler to the low spots.....next will be covering them with that beautiful Relicate Leather.....if I am brave enough to attempt it ! LOL

67cheby 01-25-2016 10:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
next I did a little work starting to get the dash padded and the dash cover fitted. I also started installing the custom made defrost vents that Trique Mfg made to match several of the other interior patterns !

67cheby 01-25-2016 10:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
the last project that I was able to work on for the weekend was shortening the factory tilt column, I had a beautiful aftermarket column but it pushed the steering wheel way to close to the driver. I took the factory column and thanks to the forum I was able to figure out how to disassemble and it and then I took 3 1/2 inches out of the column shaft , shifter tube and steering shaft. The only other thing to do was to figure out how to make it go though my firewall ball mount with the shifting arm attached.....obviously that would work so I made the shifting arm removable from the shifting shaft. A couple new parts and some body and paint work and we should be good to go !

clemdaddy 01-25-2016 06:44 PM

thats some good noodling there... guess i'll keep the columns around for another build but i still really like Mexican food. maybe a trip your way needs to be planned...:metal:

67cheby 01-25-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7461277)
thats some good noodling there... guess i'll keep the columns around for another build but i still really like Mexican food. maybe a trip your way needs to be planned...:metal:

I do still need that one column nut....just sayin

Bomp 01-26-2016 09:21 AM

Dang, choppin down a factory tilt column.
That takes guts, Thats what I love about your style. Nothing holds you back.

67cheby 01-26-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7461953)
Dang, choppin down a factory tilt column.
That takes guts, Thats what I love about your style. Nothing holds you back.

I am to dumb for anything to scare me ! LOL.....although I have never been brave enough to stretch my doors...just sayin !

clemdaddy 01-26-2016 01:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
found 3 later model columns but only 1 tilt... any help?

67cheby 01-26-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7462207)
found 3 later model columns but only 1 tilt... any help?

There is the one nut that holds on the steering wheel and then about 1 1/2 inches further down the shaft is one more nut that has fine thread that is the one that I need

watahyahknow 01-26-2016 03:19 PM

dont know if it works on the older trucks :
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/xj-ste...page-31.12087/

67cheby 01-28-2016 10:27 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Boosted Bertha is going to be set up with Kicker Audio at Lonestar ThrowDown so I have been trying to make sure that we have this system setup nice and clean. That being said making a trim panel to fit around everything that it must fit around and getting the right contours was quite a job....but it is done now and ready to go to upholstery.

aggie91 01-28-2016 10:47 AM

Can't wait to see here there!

winslowgoodwin 01-28-2016 03:30 PM

just found this build this morning just got done reading 49 pages. very nice build! love seeing this interior coming together. very nice work!

67cheby 01-28-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 7464545)
Can't wait to see here there!

its going to be a great show, last year was Awesome !

Quote:

Originally Posted by winslowgoodwin (Post 7464891)
just found this build this morning just got done reading 49 pages. very nice build! love seeing this interior coming together. very nice work!

WOW, thanks man !

Dieselwrencher 01-28-2016 05:35 PM

Great work! That interior is goign to be awesome!

67cheby 02-05-2016 10:22 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well.....we are still plugging away at this interior ! I built a couple mdf frames to go around the areas that I wanted to insert then stretched fleece over it. The next step was laying down a couple coats of resin, sanding that smooth and starting back over with body filler. Once again I state that I am no interior guy there is probably a much better way to do this but I am just doing what I know.

watahyahknow 02-05-2016 10:33 AM

looks good , maibe if they come out looking realy nice you can have moulds taken of them and sell them along with the slosh tubs
you could have them vacuum moulded out of 1 mm sheet abs plastic wish is available in different colours too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LVPRHmkcU

this one is small but you can make the vacuumbox as big as you need and add some of those paintshop heatlamps or electric oven elements to soften the plastic
or go professional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFQ6R85puS0

jlsanborn 02-05-2016 11:37 AM

Sorry Mike but you ARE officially an "interior guy". Looks like fun and I'm sure it'll look fantastic when you're done.

67cheby 02-05-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7474794)
looks good , maibe if they come out looking realy nice you can have moulds taken of them and sell them along with the slosh tubs
you could have them vacuum moulded out of 1 mm sheet abs plastic wish is available in different colours too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LVPRHmkcU

this one is small but you can make the vacuumbox as big as you need and add some of those paintshop heatlamps or electric oven elements to soften the plastic
or go professional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFQ6R85puS0

Yes sir !
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlsanborn (Post 7474861)
Sorry Mike but you ARE officially an "interior guy". Looks like fun and I'm sure it'll look fantastic when you're done.

LOL...no .....I hate interiors !

67cheby 02-08-2016 10:55 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well I am still plugging away at the interior but in the mean time we have decided that the Atomic Injection would not run this Mast Motorsports 6.2 and the Magnuson Supercharger to the full extent of its capabilities. So in my effort to find the right solution to the problem I called on my friends Aaron Kauffman and Jonathan Mansour from Gas Monkey, they came down and went over everything with me and pointed me towards the Holley Dominator.....so here we go ! I spent a couple days taking out everything else we had done to get it ready for my buddy Brock Payton to do the wiring. We started Sunday morning getting everything laid out and I have to say this is an AMAZING user friendly set up almost everything so far has been plug and play !

Holley Dominator for the win !

67cheby 02-08-2016 11:01 AM

5 Attachment(s)
We started under the hood plugging in the Fuel injection harness, then the cam position sensors and the idle air sensor . The next step was plugging in the main harness to it to start figuring out where to route it all

67cheby 02-08-2016 11:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
i have been trying to do all the underneath grunt labor while my wiring guru Brock works inside so the next step for me was installing the 02 sensors and getting the transmission harness ran (i love that the Dominator controls the transmission also ! Most of the Injection setups leave the trans out)

67cheby 02-08-2016 11:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
in our rush to get ready for SEMA i had never permanently mounted the battery so i finally mounted my stainless CPP drop down battery box this thing is too cool !! I also installed the Amazing XS D3400 this is one BEAST of a battery from XS Power , i love the battery and the battery tender that keeps everything juiced up during these long build periods !

BigDaddyV 02-08-2016 11:47 AM

What's the part number on your batt box. I'm having a hard time finding the right one. Looking good Mike!

67cheby 02-08-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyV (Post 7478223)
What's the part number on your batt box. I'm having a hard time finding the right one. Looking good Mike!

I think I still have the box I will check tonight

watahyahknow 02-08-2016 12:57 PM

good place for the battery especially when the car is aired out and out of power
ask gasmonkey garage how that feels (it happened to them shortly before the truck had to drive to the auctionblock)

would be a good idea to add a power connection for a boosterpack under the hood

hotrod1 02-08-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 7478159)
i have been trying to do all the underneath grunt labor while my wiring guru Brock works inside so the next step for me was installing the 02 sensors and getting the transmission harness ran (i love that the Dominator controls the transmission also ! Most of the Injection setups leave the trans out)

Hey Cheby

Where did u mount the computer? If in the cab, how and where did you get the harness through the firewall (grommet or plug)? Any pics?

67cheby 02-08-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrod1 (Post 7478351)
Hey Cheby

Where did u mount the computer? If in the cab, how and where did you get the harness through the firewall (grommet or plug)? Any pics?

That's the next step, stay tuned ! It will be in the cab under the console.

clemdaddy 02-10-2016 09:38 PM

this rig is too frigin' cool… brock rocks!

dude, get some sleep, you're burnin' the candle on both ends...

67cheby 02-12-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7481622)
this rig is too frigin' cool… brock rocks!

dude, get some sleep, you're burnin' the candle on both ends...

Thanks Clem !

67cheby 02-12-2016 10:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Once again Clem saves me , he has gave me a spot he had reserved at his upholstery shop so I am trying to get everything busted out so his guy can get it covered !

I think after tonight I will be completely done with the door panels and have them ready to upholster ! The top and bottom panels are removable held to the door panel with Mad Daddy magnets...these things are Awesome...a little pricey but awesome ! I cant wait to see them all covered in that Relicate leather

67cheby 02-12-2016 10:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Started all the wiring on the Rest-mod air unit, this is one nice unit !

I also decided to plumb the inside of the CPP under dash setup with the CPP hydroboost with actual hydraulic lines just in case !

Its all a mess at the moment but don't worry it will get all cleaned up before the dash goes in !

knomadd 02-12-2016 12:28 PM

You're moving right along! Are you going to have it all ready for LST this year?