The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

truckmanloco 08-07-2012 03:39 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

The blower is only gonna make 10-12 pounds, but with the cam and heads that are on this motor. (heads flow over 300 cfm at 600) its gonna hit the power number. The heads, cam, and tune are the difference. ;)

Cole Trickle 08-07-2012 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by truckmanloco (Post 5527317)
I beg to differ heres stock cube LS2 Cam only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1TQWbIq0xqo

I'm not saying it won't do it but why build a heads/cam 408 and throw the little guy on?

I have been around a ton of boosted LSX vehicles (we probably have the same local friends) but its gonna be pushing it at those boost levels even on meth through the trucks drive train. You might get a glory pass before it heat soaks.

Either way it will be more than that truck will ever need and I look forward to the build I still miss my maggie.:metal::devil:

truckmanloco 08-07-2012 04:07 PM

Yeah i see what your saying Cole but we wanted to reach that power level and be dead reliable . The cam is not to crazy and the it will have great street manners. The realization is Eric knows this truck will NEVER EVER hook lol. I took alot of the experience i had with my TBSS which was 408 tvs 1900 @ 10. And kinda modeled the same package for this truck.

truckmanloco 08-07-2012 04:08 PM

Clean C5 by the way.

Cole Trickle 08-07-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckmanloco (Post 5527356)
Yeah i see what your saying Cole but we wanted to reach that power level and be dead reliable . The cam is not to crazy and the it will have great street manners. The realization is Eric knows this truck will NEVER EVER hook lol. I took alot of the experience i had with my TBSS which was 408 tvs 1900 @ 10. And kinda modeled the same package for this truck.

It will be a beast....:)

I think the TVS1900 will actually hit the tires harder and be more fun around town if your not trying to run a number at the track as boost seems to be instant. The newer bigger 2300 seems to come on a little later and pull harder through the midrange and higher RPM's.

When/if the 2014 SS comes out and it looks good I will probably jump back in the game. Had a kid and missed out on the TBSS/G8 program.

Cole Trickle 08-07-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckmanloco (Post 5527357)
Clean C5 by the way.

Thanks...

A long time ago working at Magnaflow and being sponsored my magnuson and baer was a pretty cool deal...lol

When they shut down all the tracks it bummed me out and I got out of the fast car game. The vette only went to the track (fontucky) once and pulled a 11.6 @124 with 460 to the wheels on drag radials. Knocked 2/10's off another 60' but the stock clutch hated it....probably would have gone 11.3:devil:

truckmanloco 08-07-2012 04:21 PM

Brother you are more than correct I have loved Maggies from day one. You cant beat a roots blower stump pulling power for sure. And whatever you do dont ride in a new ZL1 camaro (so impressive) or youll be sellin you truck. :lol:

superflysteiny 08-07-2012 05:21 PM

Thanks for the info you two. I know Travis and I are both excited about this engine blower and trans set up. Wait till you guys see the chassis under it all. It will be really cool

nibs 08-07-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5527455)
Wait till you guys see the chassis under it all. It will be really cool

STOP TEASING!!! ;) Let us OOOOHHHH and AAHHHHH over it

Lolyin58 08-07-2012 07:16 PM

Eric was just curious as I thought U would put the big Cahoona(TVS2300) on it. As I have a buddy 2 blocks from me that had the 1900 on and ended up revamping and going with the 2300as it just didnt have enough. The 2300 woke the motor up huge.
Any how, either way it is going to be absolutely retarded. You will be busy trying to keep it straight!!

FRENCHBLUE72 08-07-2012 08:31 PM

Where is this chassis???? 2 weeks out?

superflysteiny 08-08-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibs (Post 5527590)
STOP TEASING!!! ;) Let us OOOOHHHH and AAHHHHH over it

Who is teasing :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolyin58 (Post 5527639)
Eric was just curious as I thought U would put the big Cahoona(TVS2300) on it. As I have a buddy 2 blocks from me that had the 1900 on and ended up revamping and going with the 2300as it just didnt have enough. The 2300 woke the motor up huge.
Any how, either way it is going to be absolutely retarded. You will be busy trying to keep it straight!!

Neil I am only wanting 700 hp at the rear wheels so 1900 is enough for my application. Guys at Texas speed shop told me it would have no problem making that with my set up. This has to be streetable.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 (Post 5527773)
Where is this chassis???? 2 weeks out?

2-3 out as of last week. I really need to get it so I can hang this truck out in a few months. I want to debut it at goodguys Az and Dino's party
Posted via Mobile Device

nibs 08-08-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5528344)
I want to debut it at goodguys Az and Dino's party
Posted via Mobile Device

hmmmm, maybe I should go to this event... It is going on the weekend of my birthday!

superflysteiny 08-08-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibs (Post 5528482)
hmmmm, maybe I should go to this event... It is going on the weekend of my birthday!

You should try to make it

nibs 08-08-2012 07:23 PM

Ill tell the wife that I want to go to Scottsdale, Az for my birthday and just out of nowhere I will happen to find a nice big car show. Cant pass one of those up! LOL Maybe even a stop by the Porterbuilt shop would be cool! ;)

mooseknuckles 08-09-2012 05:27 PM

another awesome build man...beautifull work!

broey 08-10-2012 02:05 AM

cool to see the rendering in this months street trucks!

Lolyin58 08-10-2012 10:41 AM

Eric that's a nice healthy number. My buddy has an LS1 with a 1900 in my old 67 and it's crazy. Totally streetable and fun to drive. It's a brand new build to be debuted in SEMA. I've never been so it should b a lot of fun. Are u going to SEMA?
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 08-12-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckles (Post 5531107)
another awesome build man...beautifull work!

Thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by broey (Post 5531879)
cool to see the rendering in this months street trucks!

Ya we are all excited about it. My mom is super pumped she is really looking forward to the truck being finished.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolyin58 (Post 5532166)
Eric that's a nice healthy number. My buddy has an LS1 with a 1900 in my old 67 and it's crazy. Totally streetable and fun to drive. It's a brand new build to be debuted in SEMA. I've never been so it should b a lot of fun. Are u going to SEMA?
Posted via Mobile Device

Wish I was going but if I want this truck to get to good guys November I need to stay home and work.
Posted via Mobile Device

moggey01 08-13-2012 01:49 AM

LMR here in Houston does alot of the LS powered stuff. Check out some of the videos they have on you tube. They test drive cars past my job at over 200mph.

MrBeast 08-13-2012 06:53 AM

Man you are building a pretty slick truck. I am normally not a big fan of 1/2 tons, they have been done to death IMHO, this truck however has some very original ideas in it. I am pretty impressed.

I must say I am a bit envious, that you are doing this project for your mother, not because you are getting to to build the truck, but that you have such a close relationship with her.

Fifteen years ago I kicked my mother out of my life, I haven't spoken to her since. All I know about where she is now is that recently she got out of prison.

The pedal cars for your kids are an awesome thing as well. My dad did stuff like that for me when I was a kid, in fact I had this little powered 3 wheeler I'd ride around, well dad made me a goose neck trailer to pull behind it. It was great and funny now 22 years later my current project is a 1 ton dually and a goose neck trailer.

Projects like this are a great influence for your kids. If you get them out into the shop with you and you teach them the skills you have, they will take them very far in life. There is no reason you have to choose between your family and your projects, teaching your kids about cars is something that will create memories they will cherish some day when it is you who is not long for this world.

I wish you the best of luck on the build, I will be following to see how it turns out. That and I hope your mother is just too awnry and stubborn to let a "little" think like cancer keep her down.

superflysteiny 08-13-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moggey01 (Post 5536583)
LMR here in Houston does alot of the LS powered stuff. Check out some of the videos they have on you tube. They test drive cars past my job at over 200mph.

I will check them out on the net thanks for the info
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBeast (Post 5536657)
Man you are building a pretty slick truck. I am normally not a big fan of 1/2 tons, they have been done to death IMHO, this truck however has some very original ideas in it. I am pretty impressed.

I must say I am a bit envious, that you are doing this project for your mother, not because you are getting to to build the truck, but that you have such a close relationship with her.

Fifteen years ago I kicked my mother out of my life, I haven't spoken to her since. All I know about where she is now is that recently she got out of prison.

The pedal cars for your kids are an awesome thing as well. My dad did stuff like that for me when I was a kid, in fact I had this little powered 3 wheeler I'd ride around, well dad made me a goose neck trailer to pull behind it. It was great and funny now 22 years later my current project is a 1 ton dually and a goose neck trailer.

Projects like this are a great influence for your kids. If you get them out into the shop with you and you teach them the skills you have, they will take them very far in life. There is no reason you have to choose between your family and your projects, teaching your kids about cars is something that will create memories they will cherish some day when it is you who is not long for this world.

I wish you the best of luck on the build, I will be following to see how it turns out. That and I hope your mother is just too awnry and stubborn to let a "little" think like cancer keep her down.

Sorry to here about you and your mom. I agree with you with the kids. My kids are still a little young but I have showed them some of the little stuff in the garage. I am planning on building both my sons and my daughter c10's. My son wants one forsure but my little girl wants a pink 60s caddy. Just have to wait and see were life takes us.

FRENCHBLUE72 08-13-2012 11:08 AM

Hey eric I saw your name ona green jeep at fordyce creek this weekend ...I asked the guy if he knew you and he said you guys were close great friendly guy and had nothing but good things to say about you and your builds...
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 08-14-2012 01:27 AM

Ya that is my best friend Chris Elrod. They call him Bird. He and I lived across the street from each other growing up. I have been friends with him for 25 year. Great guy
Posted via Mobile Device

nibs 08-14-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 5536875)
I am planning on building both my sons and my daughter c10's. My son wants one forsure but my little girl wants a pink 60s caddy. Just have to wait and see were life takes us.

Would you be willing to adopt??? Im a 24 year old boy, and I have a good job. I could help pay some bills! ;)