The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Ol Blue K20 03-03-2021 10:12 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8888102)
Fixed up another lantern I picked up last fall at a swap meet, model 200A built July 1967. And then went and shoveled gravel into the pot holes in my driveway...can't wait for the frost to go out and the water to soak in.

It looks like new! I should try to find some to fix up for my cabin. :metal:

1slo64 03-03-2021 10:39 PM

Started cleaning up the shop, got pretty cluttered over the past couple months.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...c47f0700_c.jpg

FleetsidePaul 03-03-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo64 (Post 8888273)
Started cleaning up the shop, got pretty cluttered over the past couple months.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...c47f0700_c.jpg

Cluttered? I only wish that my garage was that cluttered

1slo64 03-03-2021 11:36 PM

I had moved good bit of stuff before I took the picture, you couldn't really walk between the workbench and the mustang before.

Ol Blue K20 03-03-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8888291)
Cluttered? I only wish that my garage was that cluttered

Me too! ;)

Stocker 03-06-2021 05:12 PM

Changing oil & filter in our Generac for the first time. Total of nine hours run time since it was installed about 14 months ago. Time to replace the break-in oil with fresh synthetic 5W-30.

Ol Blue K20 03-06-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8889403)
Changing oil & filter in our Generac for the first time. Total of nine hours run time since it was installed about 14 months ago. Time to replace the break-in oil with fresh synthetic 5W-30.

How do you like it so far?

57taskforce 03-06-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

We had one when I was a teenager in VA. The hurricanes and winter storms would come thru and wreak havoc on the mountains from time to time, 2 weeks without power wasn’t that unheard of. Ours definitely got used, very nice to have when you need it.

Stocker 03-06-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8889438)
How do you like it so far?

:metal::metal::metal: :D

So far, so good, Dale! We've only had a few short outages and one late night planned maintenance outage of about 4 hours or so.

Peace of mind has been well worth the outlay in cash & labor. :)

Ol Blue K20 03-06-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8889445)
:metal::metal::metal: :D

So far, so good, Dale! We've only had a few short outages and one late night planned maintenance outage of about 4 hours or so.

Peace of mind has been well worth the outlay in cash & labor. :)

I may need one for the cabin and the ranch.....I need to win the lottery...:lol:

72c20customcamper 03-06-2021 08:29 PM

Put a new alternator on the Envoy . It was about 29° with flurries but not to bad of a job . Took longer because of the warm up breaks . Just waiting on my brake controller so I can go pick up the truck bed I bought .

Been to cold to tackle the rear end change on the Dodge my regular tow vehicle.

Rickysnickers 03-07-2021 10:56 AM

Curious, how and what are you guys using to heat your shops?

Redneck Rydes 03-07-2021 11:52 AM

Big Maxx 80,000 btu propane heater works pretty good but being a ceiling mount,the floor still pretty cool

GOPAPA 03-07-2021 12:30 PM

In the process of changing out 4 bath sink fixtures with new /faucets /popups/drains .. The house we bought was a show house,, but,,,,,they did not use good bath fixtures.. we were the second to buy it from it being new..

Sheepdip 03-07-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Mine has been in about 6 months now but has only seen monthly auto starts via the app/computer.

72c20customcamper 03-07-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8890477)

Pellet stove

67C10Step 03-07-2021 10:54 PM

Daughter asked me to build her a stand to hang her coffee mugs on at her house. Installed two new LED security lights on the back of the house.
Wife and I sprayed the lawn. Getting ready for grass growing as crazy as it sounds.

Redneck Rydes 03-08-2021 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is it pollen season yet,when I am in SC the pollen starts pretty soon,I have a house in a pine forest,lots of pollen.This year it is all snow

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-08-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8887879)
I finally hung my Mr. Suds sign on the side of my patio. Mr. Suds was kind of a landmark in Bakersfield. They tore it down. It's an Auto Zone now. So much for history. :(

I was lucky enough to get the sign. It's really big. You can see it from the boulevard. I'm waiting for someone to show up and order a cheeseburger and a root beer float. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Mr_Suds.jpg

Very cool and I'm hungry, especially for mom & pop shop burger, fries & ice cream. I had a favorite for sure. Used to be 3-4 here, now there are none.

Used to be 5-6 family style steak houses too. Now there are none:waah: Moral of the story is the more a city grows the less likely to have the best, IMO. There's a GREAT family steak house south, and a nice one east.

68Bowtie4x4 03-08-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

I have a HVAC mini-split in my shop.

Heat in the Winter, and A/C in the Summer.

I've just been organizing my shop lately. Went through a bunch of boxed up stuff since moving in 2018 and made some more floor space.

Got my reloading desk setup for the 1st time since moving into the new house/shop in 2018, and man do I have a bunch of primers...LOL

Got my Dell Server rack moved and installed my Dell R710 Server in the rack and getting ready to install another 64 GB of RAM memory in it, and install a fresh image of 2019 Server Standard on it and make it a Web Server. I figured I might as well start hosting some websites and make some side money.

I've finally got all my parts needed to totally rebuild my 70 Chevelle 402 that's going into my 72 Monte Carlo. The engine in it right now is a complete rebuilt 396 SBC Stroker motor with only break in time and a 1/2 mile of driving from my buddy's shop to my shop, so it's going into the 72 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4 pickup.

1976gmc20 03-08-2021 07:32 PM

I'm hiring my young neighbor and he/we are chopping up a huge non functional hot tub to get it out of the room through a sliding patio door. Turns out they stuffed all sorts of foam scrap around it and then apparently sprayed in a bunch of liquid foam to hold it all in place. What a mess!

Also, the floor joists were all rotted out around the back of the hot tub, so it's a good thing I decided to finally tackle this project after 18 years. We already tried to get it fixed but they don't make parts for it anymore and nobody would touch it - "oh, you can buy a new one cheaper than fixing it" but how the hell would you get it out and another one in ????? :rolleyes:

We're just going to build a new floor in the room and use it for - I don't know yet - maybe a guest bedroom or move my reloading stuff in there from the garage ...?

1slo64 03-08-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

I use a 68k BTU propane heater, but below 40 I'm not usually out there.

allchevy58 03-08-2021 10:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Took out a propane furnace out, just cost too much for propane. Just put this used oil furnace in a month ago, love it.

mr.mud1 03-09-2021 09:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

hi,i built a new shop,64x32 finishing it up late last fall.my wife and i put 2100 feet of pex pipe in the floor before they poured the concrete and i built an in floor heat panel with an electric boiler.i am officially spoiled rotten.beautiful heat,always warm and very nice to work in.i'm very happy with it.

1976gmc20 03-10-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8891254)
I'm hiring my young neighbor and he/we are chopping up a huge non functional hot tub to get it out of the room through a sliding patio door. Turns out they stuffed all sorts of foam scrap around it and then apparently sprayed in a bunch of liquid foam to hold it all in place. What a mess!

Also, the floor joists were all rotted out around the back of the hot tub, so it's a good thing I decided to finally tackle this project after 18 years. We already tried to get it fixed but they don't make parts for it anymore and nobody would touch it - "oh, you can buy a new one cheaper than fixing it" but how the hell would you get it out and another one in ????? :rolleyes:

We're just going to build a new floor in the room and use it for - I don't know yet - maybe a guest bedroom or move my reloading stuff in there from the garage ...?

Anyway, now the old hot tub is all cut up into odd pieces and loaded (jammed!) into the bed of the old blue K1500 ready to go to the county dump.

And in the process of cleaning up we discovered that nearly all of the floor supports were all rotted out so instead of just filling a hole with 2x6 decking, the porch room is going to be getting an entirely new floor: all new joists and 4x8 subfloor.

Also need to figure out how to mitigate the moisture problem ...