The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

sams60gmc 02-03-2010 11:36 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick's81 (Post 3771843)
bought it and hauled home 66 1/2 ton 2wd

Sweet score, welcome to the board from Grants Pass:metal:

SCOTI 02-04-2010 12:10 AM

I went looking for a 'flip-up' fuel door after picking up the youngsters H3 from my buddies body shop.

I'm ditching my current plans & going w/a straight fill pipe to the blazer tank. I'll weld a flip-up door into the floor & put the stock style set-up just under the floor. Hopefully I'll be able to find the type that's a 'push to open' since I don't want to jack w/wiring a release & don't care for the units w/the finger notch used for opening.

One step forward, two steps back.

Nick's81 02-04-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sams60gmc (Post 3778690)
Sweet score, welcome to the board from Grants Pass:metal:

thanks there are still a few in you'r town nice 66 3/4 ton on craigslist

midnite 02-04-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 3778768)
I went looking for a 'flip-up' fuel door after picking up the youngsters H3 from my buddies body shop.

I'm ditching my current plans & going w/a straight fill pipe to the blazer tank. I'll weld a flip-up door into the floor & put the stock style set-up just under the floor. Hopefully I'll be able to find the type that's a 'push to open' since I don't want to jack w/wiring a release & don't care for the units w/the finger notch used for opening.

One step forward, two steps back.

do like dodge did on my magnum, the hinge isn all the way to the back of the door so if you push on the back of the door it opens, no finger hole or latch....

LILRED66 02-04-2010 02:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OLRED66 is ready for the World of Wheels show in Kansas City, MO at Bartle Hall on February 12th-14th.

70 Suburban 02-04-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnite (Post 3778967)
do like dodge did on my magnum, the hinge isn all the way to the back of the door so if you push on the back of the door it opens, no finger hole or latch....

i just took one like that off of a 2008 sub also.

Mitch6667 02-04-2010 10:48 AM

I started fabricating tubular trailing arms for my 66.

Doogie 02-04-2010 11:00 AM

second gear donuts fun

panelrodder81 02-04-2010 01:35 PM

Dropped it off at the exhaust shop for some new pipes. And found out why my th350 isn't shifting right... the vacuum wasn't hookedup anymore!

Turkey 02-04-2010 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 543169

I finally got my tailgate installed and sanded down to a nice patina.:metal:

Camaro_nut2001 02-04-2010 09:56 PM

I got my nice heater control in the mail today that I bought from astevens (Super nice member) and installed it. Finished up some wiring I have been doing, droped a connector and bent down to pick it up and noticed transmission fluid all over the garage floor. I finished up my wiring and heater control and hooked the ground cable back to the battery to check my wiring upgrades and my fan switch on the heater control. Going to jack her up tomorrow and see what happened underneath. She hasn't been started or moved since I put her in the garage in the fall so I don't know what could have happened. I've got to get it fixed by Tuesday as my wheels are suppose to come in and i've got to drive her to have them put on, weather permitting. I'm kinda stumped but I will know tomorrow if the good Lord's willing.

lakeroadster 02-05-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_nut2001 (Post 3780502)
I .. noticed transmission fluid all over the garage floor. Going to jack her up tomorrow and see what happened underneath.

The turbo 350 tranny in my hot rod Model A leaks a little tranny fluid if it sits for an extended periord of time (like in the winter when I don't drive it). When I drive it frequently it doesn't leak a drop.

Wierd, eh?

I was told the gaskets dry up if the vehicle isn't periodically driven?

panelrodder81 02-05-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeroadster (Post 3781366)
The turbo 350 tranny in my hot rod Model A leaks a little tranny fluid if it sits for an extended periord of time (like in the winter when I don't drive it). When I drive it frequently it doesn't leak a drop.

Wierd, eh?

I was told the gaskets dry up if the vehicle isn't periodically driven?

Similar situation but with my 53 GMC panel. I always thought/was told it was because the fluid settles in the pan from the cooler and lines. Just kind of over runs the seals.

monolith 02-05-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkey (Post 3780346)
Attachment 543169

I finally got my tailgate installed and sanded down to a nice patina.:metal:

Nice!

I really like that rear bumper- can you give me any details on it?

Camaro_nut2001 02-05-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_nut2001 (Post 3780502)
I got my nice heater control in the mail today that I bought from astevens (Super nice member) and installed it. Finished up some wiring I have been doing, droped a connector and bent down to pick it up and noticed transmission fluid all over the garage floor. I finished up my wiring and heater control and hooked the ground cable back to the battery to check my wiring upgrades and my fan switch on the heater control. Going to jack her up tomorrow and see what happened underneath. She hasn't been started or moved since I put her in the garage in the fall so I don't know what could have happened. I've got to get it fixed by Tuesday as my wheels are suppose to come in and i've got to drive her to have them put on, weather permitting. I'm kinda stumped but I will know tomorrow if the good Lord's willing.

Yeppy, it was the transmission pan leaking. I picked up a new filter, fluid and gasket today and my buddy is coming over tomorrow to change it for me. I got it on jack stands but I can't keep my arms raised long enough to get the dang pan off, pisses me off sometimes. I'm just thankful for my friends and thankful I can afford to pay a little bit even though I do have to sneak the money to them, lol. I had one friend and I had put some money on top off his cell phone he carried on top of his sun visor. I woke up the next morning and there was an envelope taped to my front door with a little note and the money in it. He left it there on his way to work that morning, lol.

KIC 02-06-2010 12:09 AM

Picked up the windshield yesterday, and ordered the factory original color paint today. If the weather holds, the sanding and prining will be done tomorrow and Monday is ( hopefully ) spray day.

sams60gmc 02-07-2010 12:46 PM

Yeah! Well over 20,000 views:metal::metal:

Camaro_nut2001 02-07-2010 04:25 PM

Two of my buddies came over today and put the new pan gasket on for me. While they were under there they went ahead and installed both new transmission lines I've had for a month. The old one's were spliced together with hose in three places. I also got new heavier gauge starter wires and flex ran completely. The old wires were light gauge and had been pieced together using house grade wire nuts, lol. The P/O was not too inclined to take the time and do stuff right. Oh well, everybody has their own way of doing things. I thank the Lord for friends.

low79fx 02-07-2010 04:27 PM

I installed my windshield w/the help of my 8 year old.Now I can get inspected and ready for the road.

SCOTI 02-07-2010 04:59 PM

I searched for a gas 'flip-up' door for my bed floor but still nothing. I considered a Ride Tech 'cool cap' style filler/cap & picked one of those up in case I can't find the right gas door.

I also started making my rear bag 'hats' but threw in the towel today in frustration. I don't have a band-saw to use on the pipe for a straight 90° cut (band saws @ my work cut stainless pipe & we can't cut other material types to eliminate contaminations risks). I tried my chop-saw & the blade wants to 'walk' when you apply enough pressure to cut through the material. Then I tried the masking tape, free-hand 4" angle grinder w/a cut-off wheel method. That still leaves me w/less than straight surfaces (which I can't stand). I guess I'll stop off @ the steel yard & get them to cut me some square pieces on Monday....

markeb01 02-07-2010 06:46 PM

I fabricated a new plate to mount the later style "above the floor" dimmer switch, eliminating the stock "under floor" switch and mounting plate. I moved it over an inch and now I have 3/4" clearance between the switch and diamond tufted kick panels, instead of munching up against the upholstery.

Turkey 02-07-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith (Post 3782244)
Nice!

I really like that rear bumper- can you give me any details on it?

It came with the truck, so I don't know what it's off of.

70 Suburban 02-07-2010 11:48 PM

installed the 5.3 in the frame today. started the wiring.

Chevy Fleetside 02-08-2010 09:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I swapped out the TBI Intake to a carb intake for the 66 today. The pics were taken with my phone so they are not the greatest. Better then nothing I guess.

jgh64pkup 02-08-2010 10:51 PM

umm can i have those headers :haha:
your engine looks good