The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Gotenntitans 06-12-2021 02:29 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

https://i.ibb.co/8NxGZ9v/15-DEB0-BE-...3605-A0147.jpg
Washed, waxed, and detailed wifey’s 2010 Camaro SS. That car is fun to drive, but that black paint keeps me hoppin’ trying to keep it clean! Someone told me that black vehicle owners should never let them get really dirty…….keep em fairly clean and they’ll look good longer. I’m trying!

57taskforce 06-12-2021 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8931649)
Washed, waxed, and detailed wifey’s 2010 Camaro SS. That car is fun to drive, but that black paint keeps me hoppin’ trying to keep it clean! Someone told me that black vehicle owners should never let them get really dirty…….keep em fairly clean and they’ll look good longer. I’m trying!

Hell yea!!! I’m a fan! (A bit biased but a fan at any rate) yours is still looking great, that’s an earlier ‘09 build, still has e GM fender chicklets. Yours is a bit uncommon in that it looks like just an SS without the w out the RS package, cool stuff. I like the ones that are a little less common. Mine is a late Oct ‘09 build. I actually busted mine out for a cruise around town this morning.

Gotenntitans 06-12-2021 06:40 PM

That’s a pretty blue and I like how your tail spoiler goes up higher like my friend’s old ‘78 Z28 did. I don’t know about rarities and all that. I was told because our “SS” emblem is white, it means that it did not have the RS package or it would have been red. No worries; Mama wanted it and it’s a low mileage garage kept cream puff so we bought it out of Iowa last December. Santa & Mrs. Claus both had a good Christmas!
https://i.ibb.co/Zh6xbkN/BF81-EE91-4...41-C515148.jpg

57taskforce 06-12-2021 07:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8931742)
That’s a pretty blue and I like how your tail spoiler goes up higher like my friend’s old ‘78 Z28 did. I don’t know about rarities and all that. I was told because our “SS” emblem is white, it means that it did not have the RS package or it would have been red. No worries; Mama wanted it and it’s a low mileage garage kept cream puff so we bought it out of Iowa last December. Santa & Mrs. Claus both had a good Christmas!
https://i.ibb.co/Zh6xbkN/BF81-EE91-4...41-C515148.jpg

Awesome stuff. Mine has the RS stuff and it’s nice but with that said, I really do also like the clean no BS look of the non RS headlights. You are correct white SS means no RS. That’s a clean car! They Are getting a little harder to find with low miles like that. Mines got 67 and some change. The spoiler and grill on mine are genuine GM accessories, which I feel really compliment the GM factory equipped ground effects it has. I really don’t care much for the little bitty stock spoiler they came factory with. The black on yours looks killer, black is really hard to take care of but it looks like you’ve got it figured out good! Here’s a few of my grill and my spoiler and a cluster shot of my own:lol: (for those who are about to comment on the low tire light at that speed; 3 tires had 34-36psi and 1 had 31) I’ve had it quite a bit faster but over 120 and I’m really not focused on glory shots of the speedo. This speedo picture was taken on the back stretch at Las Vegas motor speedway.

FleetsidePaul 06-13-2021 02:53 AM

Quote:

[Someone told me that black vehicle owners should never let them get really dirty…….keep em fairly clean and they’ll look good longer. I’m trying!

Nobody ever told me that. Probably why my black car is filthy and has bird crap all over it.

Is bird sh*t considered patina? :confused:

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 09:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

If cared for black will look good for years . 57 year old paint

yuccales 06-13-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8931941)
If cared for black will look good for years . 57 year old paint

Reflection pics are awesome! ;)

Ol Blue K20 06-13-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8931979)
Reflection pics are awesome! ;)

X2, I love how crisp that tree looks.

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 04:41 PM

Thanks ,it’s a lot of work I do a complete detail of the paint every spring. Clay all the way to wax . With a orbital Flex I burned out a porter cable and a maquiars orbitals .

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 04:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Today I replaced the rear tire on my wife’s bike. Electric tongue jack works great for braking the tire bead. Use a harbor freight spin balancer works out well

Ol Blue K20 06-13-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8932071)
Today I replaced the rear tire on my wife’s bike. Electric tongue jack works great for braking the tire bead. Use a harbor freight spin balancer works out well

Great technique, I didn't know HF had a spin balancer....

72c20customcamper 06-13-2021 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8932110)
Great technique, I didn't know HF had a spin balancer....

Used the wrong term . It's a stand balancer

Ol Blue K20 06-13-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8932148)
Used the wrong term . It's a stand balancer

Ok, that I have seen.

Getter-Done 06-13-2021 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is the best way.

I was trained on an Old Snap On

Wheel balancer .

If you spent the time it was (More Gooder)

Attachment 2108073

57taskforce 06-13-2021 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went to the mountains for the day with momma bear and the Cubs. Left right after church just got back. This is trout lake between Dolores and Telluride, we ate supper here and let the kids play in the water for a while.

67ChevyRedneck 06-14-2021 01:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Introduced little man to riding on the lawnmower and my C10 this weekend.

FleetsidePaul 06-14-2021 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8932301)
Introduced little man to riding on the lawnmower and my C10 this weekend.

Get ready. He'll be asking for the keys soon enough.(for the truck not the lawnmower)

I had a friend that always had to mow the lawn at his parents house. That was his chore. They had a huge lawn. They had a power mower but it was a push mower. He pushed that mower around for years.

When he moved out and his dad had to take over the lawn duties his old man immediately bought a really nice riding mower. :lol:

He was a little steamed about that.

67ChevyRedneck 06-14-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8932304)
Get ready. He'll be asking for the keys soon enough.(for the truck not the lawnmower)

I had a friend that always had to mow the lawn at his parents house. That was his chore. They had a huge lawn. They had a power mower but it was a push mower. He pushed that mower around for years.

When he moved out and his dad had to take over the lawn duties his old man immediately bought a really nice riding mower. :lol:

He was a little steamed about that.

Not exactly the same, but I was primarily responsible for my parents yard. About 6 of their 10 acres is yard, rest was wooded. We always had old busted ass used mowers I would have to fix at least once a month and they never seemed to have a deck larger than 42". They were at least riders though.

I went off to college fall of 1999 many states away. By summer 2000 my dad had a brand new rider with a 54" deck :rolleyes:

FleetsidePaul 06-14-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8932376)
Not exactly the same, but I was primarily responsible for my parents yard. About 6 of their 10 acres is yard, rest was wooded. We always had old busted ass used mowers I would have to fix at least once a month and they never seemed to have a deck larger than 42". They were at least riders though.

I went off to college fall of 1999 many states away. By summer 2000 my dad had a brand new rider with a 54" deck :rolleyes:

:lol: Funny how that works.

weq92f 06-15-2021 09:24 AM

Finished moving everything from the house into storage and turned over the keys to the new owners.

Bittersweet at best.

-klb

special-K 06-15-2021 06:54 PM

How long were you there?

Low Elco 06-16-2021 10:20 PM

Finished up several weeks worth of work on the new boat/trailer with the rear speaker install. Gathered all the trash from the front garage and shop for tomorrow. Currently waiting out the last hour and 45 at work before loading up to go to an airbnb at Table Rock for 4 days tomorrow. First time with my own boat and the family. Not much to a lot of people, big deal to me. Wish me luck.

davischevy 06-16-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8933297)
Finished up several weeks worth of work on the new boat/trailer with the rear speaker install. Gathered all the trash from the front garage and shop for tomorrow. Currently waiting out the last hour and 45 at work before loading up to go to an airbnb at Table Rock for 4 days tomorrow. First time with my own boat and the family. Not much to a lot of people, big deal to me. Wish me luck.

Table Rock Lake is in my world. Have fun.

67C10Step 06-16-2021 10:37 PM

Got an all expenses paid trip to walk down equipment I rep that is installed in the Frito Lay plant in Jonesboro. Saw enough chips to keep everyone on this board in snacks for a long while. Got no free samples though.

LockDoc 06-17-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8933297)

Hey Chip,

Have a great time, and don't sink the boat...:)

Make sure everyone has their life jackets on. I know how you drive.

LockDoc

Gotenntitans 06-17-2021 08:08 PM

Prepared a great dinner tonight……worked on it pretty much all day! TWAS QUITE GURD!
BEFORE:
https://i.ibb.co/zm1FSDY/4-A249-B58-...C26-E972-D.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/2KYh6yv/A46-CB032-3...A1114-D9-B.jpg
AFTER:
https://i.ibb.co/6v7QxHQ/D5-BF8-CCF-...470-E77289.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Qp6PRkX/2-E1335-B8-...346541-EA1.jpg

LockDoc 06-17-2021 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8933691)
Prepared a great dinner tonight……worked on it pretty much all day! TWAS QUITE GURD!

That looks really good!

Too hot here to work outside (101º) so I made some of my homemade Kahlua and homemade Chocolate Syrup. My Kahlua recipe makes 4-5 bottles for about the same price of one bottle of store bought....

LockDoc

Gotenntitans 06-18-2021 05:39 PM

Didn’t do anything to my truck, but Dad wanted his ‘87 Blue Boy washed & detailed. Spent about 5 hours on him today, but it was well worth it.
https://i.ibb.co/fYpBm0h/BCA94629-18...E4-FEDAF86.jpg
Dad wants to go out to a new ‘50s themed burger place tonight…..we’ll cruise on over in Blue Boy and check it out!

67C10Step 06-19-2021 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to car show and swap meet on Petite Jean mountain. Good sized crowd and some nice rides. Saw a nice 71 SS Chevelle and two really nice 66/67 models. One nice 68 anniversary C10 with an LS3 in it.
Nothing much at the swap meet but I did pick up this model plane. My father in law had an A35 and I loved flying in that plane.

57taskforce 06-19-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Count me in, I’ve got a rack in the freezer I need to smoke. Maybe next weekend. Looks like you had a great meal.

special-K 06-20-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Mmmm... That looks gooid! Yeah yeah the ribs, but I mean that cabbage too!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8933992)
Didn’t do anything to my truck, but Dad wanted his ‘87 Blue Boy washed & detailed. Spent about 5 hours on him today, but it was well worth it.

Dad wants to go out to a new ‘50s themed burger place tonight…..we’ll cruise on over in Blue Boy and check it out!

Nice GMC. You got it looking sharp

Gotenntitans 06-20-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8934400)
Mmmm... That looks gooid! Yeah yeah the ribs, but I mean that cabbage too!!

Nice GMC. You got it looking sharp

Thanks Guys!

dieseldawg142 06-21-2021 12:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
did some wood sealing today...
three coats on the patio...
Attachment 2109232

and had enough left over to put 3 coats on the quad trailer deck
Attachment 2109233Attachment 2109234

Warrens69GMC 06-21-2021 01:23 AM

Bought a swamp cooler for my dogs and a grill for myself - both have to be installed/put together

Stocker 06-21-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC (Post 8934710)
Bought a swamp cooler for my dogs

Curious about that, got any pics / info?

57taskforce 06-21-2021 09:18 AM

I use 2 to cool my house. Pretty cheap way to do things. They are really common around here, more so than refrigerated air. They work pretty good as long as it’s not really humid. Basically it’s just a louvered metal box, on three sides there are removable doors that contain aspen pads. Water is pumped to the top of the door and allowed to drain across the aspen pad. A fan draws air thru the pads and is cooled/humidified by the water.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Champion...WC50/100185332

Rich84 06-21-2021 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife and I drove home from the Finger lakes area on Sunday. 250 miles in my '84. Nearly 5 hours. It was the longest trip yet that I have ever taken it. Beautiful place and beautiful weather. The truck performed flawlessly. Made it home in time to go see my Dad who just turned 80.
Attachment 2109283

Stocker 06-21-2021 11:32 AM

Yep, we have had a large (6500 CFM) roof-mounted downdraft swamper for many years. No A/C.

Just curious how he rigged one up for his dogs. My dogs would probably appreciate having one -- but they spend so much time in the house that it might not matter! ;)

Steeveedee 06-21-2021 01:37 PM

Took the leaf blower to the back patio to clean it off, as I have some friends coming over. Should have used the hose! Man, that's a lot of dust! Even with a mask I'm sneezing like a big dog.

FleetsidePaul 06-21-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8934873)
Took the leaf blower to the back patio to clean it off, as I have some friends coming over. Should have used the hose! Man, that's a lot of dust! Even with a mask I'm sneezing like a big dog.

I was hosing down my patio once and my environmentally correct know it all neighbor poked his head over the fence and said that I was wasting water. And that I should use my blower.

I just told him "Does the blower blow away dog piss?