The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project: Shiro (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=608085)

C10_ustacould 04-17-2015 02:06 PM

Re: Project: Shiro

Quote:

Originally Posted by cericd (Post 7137059)
Probably my favorite truck I've seen on this forum. I miss seeing it around here and I would rather have it that my fleetside any day. To me, THAT's perfect patina.

You should have seen it before the P.O. took a buffer to it. It was truely perfect then! Maybe I can dig up a pick and post it over in the "Just an Old Truck" thread.

cericd 04-17-2015 02:09 PM

Cool. I'd like to see that.

lolife99 04-17-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 7137049)
Feeling a little nostalgic today, remember when?

Attachment 1392005

One of my favorites,...

C10_ustacould 04-17-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cericd (Post 7137066)
Cool. I'd like to see that.

Are you sure? They are up... just hit the link below. Fair warning they are not for the faint of heart.:lol:

cericd 04-17-2015 03:18 PM

Yep I'm sure. I like it like that. I would like one just like that then I would put some skinny tires back on it and cruise the full retro vibe!

cericd 04-17-2015 03:21 PM

I would swap my fleet bed in a heartbeat for a stepper but since my truck has the factory lower trim it would mean filling holes and a full body repaint. Too much trouble for a truck that looks pretty good to begin with.

We always want what we don't have... at least I do. :)

Malamute 04-17-2015 04:58 PM

Looks like they are moving along nicely on the cab Ernie. I'm glad you are happy with them so far.

Nsanehotrodz 04-18-2015 12:46 AM

Someone is slacking on the updates...

Possmguts 04-18-2015 09:18 AM

I rolled under and had a really good look at my cab bottom yesterday and have almost decided to go ahead with a full floor myself. What I dont get yet is how it comes out. After reading here that your floor is "bolted" in now am I to understand that the whole thing just bolts in?? Im sure there is some pulling and prying of old clue and sealer involved, but are there really no welds to cut out? Its hard to tell looking at mine from all the undercoating built up. Its really not bad at all except for the outer parts of the floor by the rockers, but I still think the best thing to do is just replace it all.... Thanks.

crawdadfox 04-18-2015 12:05 PM

Looks like they are doing super nice work on the cab!

C10_ustacould 04-18-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possmguts (Post 7137914)
I rolled under and had a really good look at my cab bottom yesterday and have almost decided to go ahead with a full floor myself. What I dont get yet is how it comes out. After reading here that your floor is "bolted" in now am I to understand that the whole thing just bolts in?? Im sure there is some pulling and prying of old clue and sealer involved, but are there really no welds to cut out? Its hard to tell looking at mine from all the undercoating built up. Its really not bad at all except for the outer parts of the floor by the rockers, but I still think the best thing to do is just replace it all.... Thanks.

Hopefully DeWayne will chime in but I think he was just identifying the first step of the install. The floor bolts to both the lower "A" and "B" pillars through the front and rear cab braces. After that, it is spot welded along the front and rear edges.

C10_ustacould 04-18-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz (Post 7137749)
Someone is slacking on the updates...

Man, he called me out big time!! :lol:

cericd 04-18-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 7138268)
Man, he called me out big time!! :lol:

Now that's funny when the shop is calling out the owner for not posting updates. Usually it's an owner starting a thread about how the shop has had the truck for a year and no work has been done. :)

C10_ustacould 04-18-2015 05:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, after spending the day in the back yard doing chores I spent an hour renaming pics so I can post them up in a way that makes sense and doesn't repeat old updates. I think we are up to the Right cab corner, so here it goes.

Nasty original cab corner...
Attachment 1392397

New cab corner tacked in...
Attachment 1392398

Welded and ready to be massaged a bit to make it just right.
Attachment 1392399

Advanced Design 04-18-2015 06:08 PM

Very nice work! I wonder what they are using to clean or sand the metal so nicely.

Nsanehotrodz 04-19-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possmguts (Post 7137914)

Give us a call and get that new floor ordered and we will send instructions to make the one piece floor install a whole lot easier! Thanks

C10_ustacould 04-19-2015 11:58 AM

Been looking at what it takes to correctly install buckets and a console in a bench seat floor today and I'm not very comfortable with what is available. Member rogerkoop sells brackets to add to the bench seat floor but it doesn't appear to be a complete solution. I believe my only choice is to find and use a set of buddy buckets. If I do that, I may as well use a '68 front end right? So, I think I'll use this rainy day to start hunting for original '68 front sheet metal. ;) Anyone need some very solid '71 front sheet metal? :lol:

Rusbuilt 04-19-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 7139303)
Been looking at what it takes to correctly install buckets and a console in a bench seat floor today and I'm not very comfortable with what is available. Member rogerkoop sells brackets to add to the bench seat floor but it doesn't appear to be a complete solution. I believe my only choice is to find and use a set of buddy buckets. If I do that, I may as well use a '68 front end right? So, I think I'll use this rainy day to start hunting for original '68 front sheet metal. ;) Anyone need some very solid '71 front sheet metal? :lol:

Did you sell your blue interior?

Rusbuilt 04-19-2015 01:25 PM

The sheet metal repairs look awesome btw!

C10_ustacould 04-19-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 7139402)
Did you sell your blue interior?

I sold the seat, still have the rest: column, dash pad, door panels, arm rests, visors, and carpet.

Rusbuilt 04-19-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 7139410)
I sold the seat, still have the rest: column, dash pad, door panels, arm rests, visors, and carpet.

Do you plan to sell it all? What about the steering wheel?

C10_ustacould 04-19-2015 01:43 PM

I have though about selling it or dyeing it, but haven't made a decision. The wheel was a reproduction, I sold it shortly after I disassembled the truck. The carpet has a hole in it for the 4 speed, other than that it's all in pretty good shape. Shoot me a PM with what parts you want and we can discuss it.

Rusbuilt 04-19-2015 01:53 PM

I'll send you a message through ig

C10_ustacould 04-19-2015 01:55 PM

Cool

sduckworth13 04-20-2015 12:15 PM

Cab corner looks great Buck! I should have cut mine out exactly how it has been done in the picture. Trying to smooth out the welds and keep the metal as flat as possible is impossible with all the spot welds that angle down on the back where I cut my cab corner at. It was my second cab corner and now that I've done a couple I understand why yours is done the way it is.