The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=554172)

67cheby 02-22-2013 11:23 AM

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

i clamped and tacked it to the table, i tweaked jus a little but not much at all !

Zoomin 02-22-2013 11:24 AM

Nice work Mike!
Posted via Mobile Device

thor 02-22-2013 12:14 PM

That notch is looking good man!

Bomp 02-22-2013 12:23 PM

That there is some nice work.

watahyahknow 02-22-2013 12:40 PM

over here they usually weld a little bit at a time side to side to keep it in line
those welds look verry clean btw

Rusbuilt 02-22-2013 12:56 PM

Looks good!

oldman3 02-22-2013 06:21 PM

Mike, nice job....Jim

jkeating1 02-22-2013 07:58 PM

I pity the fool that rear-ends you! That frame'd make an accordian out of a Kia! (yeah, I know, don't even think it!)

67cheby 02-23-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomin (Post 5905291)
Nice work Mike!
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks man !
Quote:

Originally Posted by thor (Post 5905413)
That notch is looking good man!

thank you, i love how it is turning out !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5905429)
That there is some nice work.

thanks !
Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 5905448)
over here they usually weld a little bit at a time side to side to keep it in line
those welds look verry clean btw

Thank you , i had my welding buddy come over when i started to inspect everything including my welds and he approved !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 5905479)
Looks good!

thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 5906047)
Mike, nice job....Jim

thanks Jim !
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkeating1 (Post 5906206)
I pity the fool that rear-ends you! That frame'd make an accordian out of a Kia! (yeah, I know, don't even think it!)

LOL....i hope so !

67cheby 02-23-2013 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hmmmm....yes i think i will !

RocketKing 02-23-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 5907431)
hmmmm....yes i think i will !

Alright, now were talkin!

Low Elco 02-23-2013 01:28 PM

That at a garage sale? What year? Custom insert and gauges on the hook up? Are you locked in hard for SEMA 2013?
Posted via Mobile Device

67cheby 02-23-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketKing (Post 5907569)
Alright, now were talkin!

LOL, yep !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 5907586)
That at a garage sale? What year? Custom insert and gauges on the hook up? Are you locked in hard for SEMA 2013?
Posted via Mobile Device

No a fellow board member, Dakota Digital Custom Guages probably, and yes for SEMA

Low Elco 02-23-2013 01:33 PM

No offense, just bein on the curb and all laid out like that. Good luck on SEMA, we're all pullin' for ya! Got a wheel connection yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

67cheby 02-23-2013 01:40 PM

None taken , no on the wheel connection still trying to get something rolling ! Intro offered me a discount but still out of my budget !

screaminchevypickup 02-23-2013 03:47 PM

Nice work on the frame!! Going to be a sweet ride mike..
Posted via Mobile Device

ryanroo 02-23-2013 03:51 PM

I wish i was closer, id gladly be your welding buddy too! thats the kind of fab i love.. looks great

Ryan

67cheby 02-23-2013 03:52 PM

Thanks Kyle I think I have a great team out together to make this build happen !
Posted via Mobile Device

DrppdBlazr 02-24-2013 01:09 AM

nice...gotta love dash swaps

jkeating1 02-24-2013 10:01 AM

I'm down with that dash! Looking at Cloud 9, you're inclined to have a stock look. On that dash, I can see it bone stock, except with period-appropriate A/C vents in the ashtray & HVAC control holes, and the new A/C knobs in the three holes right of the column (with correct knobs, of course). IDK if you planned to keep the ignition in the column, but that would make those holes unneeded.

Of course, opinions are like......well, you know!

Edit---just had a thought! They have those starter-button-in-the-column things. Maybe that would jive into the above mix somehow. My wife's furen car has a no-key-needed pushbutton start---ya' kinda get used to that! Or, it might look cool to have lights-wipers-start on the left of the column, AC-AC-AC on the right.

jkeating1 02-24-2013 10:52 AM

While I'm on this dash kick---I suggested to a cat at Dakota Digital that they consider putting a remote audio input option in their panels. Have the info for the audio on their "info" screen buried in the electronics of the panel. They could partner up with Secret Audio to use their remote controller (or reverse-engineer SA's). Then guys like you could leave the AM radio in the dash, and not have to put some dinky little screen in the glovebox. The jack could be put on the bottom side of the dash (out of sight).

I'm a Monday morning dash quarterback.

bagged74 02-24-2013 11:27 AM

I like that idea a lot , except for the SEcret Audio part. Their stuff is garbage.
Posted via Mobile Device

mooseknuckles 02-24-2013 11:32 AM

I love the dash man...

watahyahknow 02-24-2013 01:16 PM

other radio's like the ones from sony have pretty elaborate remotes you could hide those radio's under the seat and still have complee controll , you need a infrared remote control extender those are eazy to find and cheap to make youreself too the reciever is a small led like device you could hide inside the gaugecluster
you used to need to be able to keep the rado within reach t change cd's or cassettes but with the usb stick and mp3 hookups nowadays you just need a verry small rectangulair hole in the dash for the usb hookup and a small round hole for the minijack and youre fixed , you could make those somewat under the dash so there not realy visable
there some cars here that use the cars lcd display for the basic radio info like wat station youre listening and trafic info , not sure how they do that usually they use a radio that is car brand related for that but i think dacota might have or can make sumting simulair that works with the lcd display inside one of there gauges

jkeating1 02-24-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 5909651)
other radio's like the ones from sony have pretty elaborate remotes you could hide those radio's under the seat and still have complee controll , you need a infrared remote control extender those are eazy to find and cheap to make youreself too the reciever is a small led like device you could hide inside the gaugecluster
you used to need to be able to keep the rado within reach t change cd's or cassettes but with the usb stick and mp3 hookups nowadays you just need a verry small rectangulair hole in the dash for the usb hookup and a small round hole for the minijack and youre fixed , you could make those somewat under the dash so there not realy visable
there some cars here that use the cars lcd display for the basic radio info like wat station youre listening and trafic info , not sure how they do that usually they use a radio that is car brand related for that but i think dacota might have or can make sumting simulair that works with the lcd display inside one of there gauges

The truck I just sold had a Pioneer with a wireless remote that did everything you need to do. It had Satellite radio and MP3 (as well as a never-used CD). It just had a very small display---could very easily be replicated in a Dak Dig panel.