The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

kingsolver72 08-20-2020 04:42 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8795200)
Looks like Ft Knox!

He may have as much gold as Ft.Knox. Wild conspiracy...:lol:

Killer Bee 08-21-2020 05:47 PM

ocean blvd LB on my way to work today :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/az5pfidwff2...51980.jpg?dl=0

FleetsidePaul 08-22-2020 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8795931)
ocean blvd LB on my way to work today :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/az5pfidwff2...51980.jpg?dl=0

Nice pic. I like the A.D. I should have bought my friends 53 when he sold it.

But where's the traffic? Southern California didn't look like that when I lived there. Beach Blvd.was like a nuthouse on wheels. Cars with lunatics driving them. Lot's of them.

LUV2XCLR8 08-22-2020 04:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8795200)
Looks like Ft Knox! Is that your bunker there? :lol: I've seen some pictures as being built. Let's leave the random for a minute and post up the theme of "My shop progress and completion". Have you had your shindig yet?

No, the shindig is next month. (Posted in Regional section)

Yes, that IS a FEMA rated bunker / storm room / storage.

Updated picture attached just for you my old friend :metal:

(Also added the Shop Build link to my signature) :exit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8795188)
Wow...I thought you fell off the edge of the earth.
I haven’t seen you post in in a while.
Bet the shop turned out nice/

I got demoted / promoted at work, had to work every
other weekend for 5 yrs, but in that same time made
almost $100K extra, House paid for and Dream shop.
(I'm back on straight days now, actually M-TH, 10's)

*Still a work in progress, kinda went over budget :dohh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8795426)
He may have as much gold as Ft.Knox. Wild conspiracy...:lol:

Man I wish, I'd fill it plum full of Blazer's/Jimmy's :smoke:

GOPAPA 08-22-2020 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Chevyland;8599670]I know everyone likes photos on this site
Let’s see what you’ve got

A Fig Tree in Santa Barbara ,the tour guide says they have found roots a 1/4 mile from the base of the tree..

Attachment 2042474

The Rocknrod 08-22-2020 12:51 PM

I never knew they grew that big. :O

Stocker 08-22-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8796155)
A Fig Tree in Santa Barbara ,the tour guide says they have found roots a 1/4 mile from the base of the tree..

That is astounding..... I wonder how old it is.

GOPAPA 08-22-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 8796263)
I never knew they grew that big. :O

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8796275)
That is astounding..... I wonder how old it is.

Looked it up .the tour guide told is but I forgot the year

A seaman visiting Santa Barbara in 1876 presented a seedling of an Australian Moreton Bay fig tree to a local girl who planted it at 201 State Street. After the girl moved away a year later, her girlfriend, Adeline Crabb, transplanted the tree to the corner of Montecito and Chapala streets, just a few blocks from the ocean, on land then owned by the Southern Pacific Transportation Company

Ol Blue K20 08-22-2020 01:47 PM

That is one massive tree!

special-K 08-23-2020 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I grabbed this picture along US40 up in Western Maryland this weekend

yuccales 08-23-2020 11:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Made an emergency donut run. Smoke still fooling the street lights to stay on at 8:30am. And of course, mandatory fritter pic! :lol:

'63GENIII 08-23-2020 11:41 AM

Cool old wrecker. Wonder if its driven much or if its just "yard art". My money is on being driven..

I really like the style of that house too! The porch, shiplap, corbels under the eves. Timeless craftsmanship.

1976gmc20 08-23-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 8796652)
Cool old wrecker. Wonder if its driven much or if its just "yard art". My money is on being driven..

I really like the style of that house too! The porch, shiplap, corbels under the eves. Timeless craftsmanship.

Looks like a movie location: five college kids break down in the mountains and a big old hairy guy in that wrecker tows their car back to that house. He says it will take a few days for him to fix their car ...

special-K 08-23-2020 12:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I want to know about this "fritter" so I can start fixing them up.

Unfortunately that truck just sits. It's been there a few years at least. I am thinking it's time to try to pry it away. It's too good for yard art. I'll find him an old tractor or something. That place sits along US40, the National Road that was conceived and begun during George Washington's time. I'd say about mid-1800s on that place. It sits alone where the road takes a great dip and seeping turn like a race track. I've come around there at 80-90 mph on my bike. You feel your belly drop at the bottom, serious downforce. I can only imagine what it was like in the old pioneer wagons at that speed :lol:

This truck and restaurant are just east of there on what the called "The Long Stretch", named for being the longest straight stretch of road between Cumberland, MD and Wheeling, WVA. This is up on the Appalachian Plateau.

Across the road is a guy who sells, among other things, old campers. This one caught my eye on my way up to my mom's. Then I had to come back the next day to that very spot to rescue my brother who dropped his rear driveshaft. So I got to talk to the guy and look it over

Boog 08-23-2020 01:12 PM

Hmph. My first camper was much like that one. It was a '71 Redmon Roadliner. Boy I got an education on campers with that one.

'63GENIII 08-23-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8796655)
Looks like a movie location: five college kids break down in the mountains and a big old hairy guy in that wrecker tows their car back to that house. He says it will take a few days for him to fix their car ...

As they try to hide in the shed full of chainsaws....muahahaha!

special-K 08-23-2020 02:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I picture them stuck down in the ice pit! :lol:

Boog, this one is in really good shape and a size I'd like to have. It's a '74 with title. It was kept under roof, so top has no leaks. How about hooking this up to that beer truck with taps on the side and rolling into a campground? :lol:
Attachment 2042779
Attachment 2042780

How about this big ole vintage camper? About the same era, twice as big, and that's a "fold-out" not a "slide-out". I never saw anything like that back in that time

Boog 08-23-2020 02:19 PM

[It's a '74 with title. It was kept under roof, so top has no leaks. How about hooking this up to that beer truck with taps on the side and rolling into a campground? ]

Really good shape. It obviously was kept out of the weather.
Now I like that idea. You would have the most popular camp site there. ;)

special-K 08-23-2020 02:24 PM

I was recently given a 33' 5th wheel camper if I want it. I'm considering hauling it up to the family place. It is also from that era. I think it's got a fiberglass top

Boog 08-23-2020 02:34 PM

That's the first ever "fold out" camper I've seen. Sure looks heavy and with the patio sliding door that makes it a park model.

A 33' fifth wheel is a good sized trailer. Would you use it?

special-K 08-23-2020 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think if I took it I'd use my friend's reliable trailer wheels he said I could borrow, haul it to the farm, and leave it like a mobile home. Maybe by that one with the fold-out ($1,000/no title) and put it next to it. Hillbilly camper heaven!

That's the first fold-in unit I ever saw. Spacious inside with the slider across the room. I'd like that thing on a lake (next to it :cool:)

There was this other one I took a picture of because it would be perfect mounted on the back of an old truck

Steeveedee 08-23-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8796651)
Made an emergency donut run. Smoke still fooling the street lights to stay on at 8:30am. And of course, mandatory fritter pic! :lol:

I haven't had a fritter in a dog's age! I guess I know what's for breakfast tomorrow. Do you have any more pics of that metal pig? That looks pretty cool!

special-K 08-23-2020 08:48 PM

So who is going to tell what this thing you Californians call a fritter is? We have various foods with the name fritter attached, but nothing that looks like that

Sheepdip 08-23-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8796894)
So who is going to tell what this thing you Californians call a fritter is? We have various foods with the name fritter attached, but nothing that looks like that

Its made from the same dough as a donut shop cinnamon roll, but as you see in the pic it's just a big cake usually with apple chunks in it, aka apple fritter.....yum yum!

1976gmc20 08-23-2020 09:13 PM

The yellow/green/white camper is probably a Prowler?

The park model with the tip-out is probably a Kenskill. We had one on the lot where I worked in HS. It was a trade in and I used to demonstrate how it opened up. It seemed to work pretty good but sure took a bit of muscle.