The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today part IV (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729696)

COCONUTS 02-03-2019 08:28 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today part IV

Quote:

Originally Posted by studeclunker (Post 8458036)
The Sway-Bar sounds interesting. I'm almost afraid to ask how much.

Well, ya made me look!:o Price seems reasonable. The installation image looks a lot like the sway bars on my Studebakers.

I had a Summit coupon code and paid $118 shipped for mine. That was a couple of months ago. I drove my truck yesterday and again today about 100 miles total. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Easy install too.

studeclunker 02-05-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCONUTS (Post 8458061)
I had a Summit coupon code and paid $118 shipped for mine. That was a couple of months ago. I drove my truck yesterday and again today about 100 miles total. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Easy install too.

Love your username, reminds me of the Marx brothers!:lol:

So, took the wanderlust out of your steering, did it?;):chevy:

COCONUTS 02-05-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studeclunker (Post 8459593)
Love your username, reminds me of the Marx brothers!:lol:

So, took the wanderlust out of your steering, did it?;):chevy:

I recently replaced all my suspension and steering and had the truck aligned and it drove great. The sway bar made it better.

1998c1500 02-08-2019 10:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Made a drink holder that clips under my seat out of stainless network server rails. Any ideas on what the seat came from?

allchevy58 04-22-2019 10:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Last couple of weekends installed 70HD rearend with 3.54 gears, rear sway bar and painted rear and front suspension. Looking for rear upper shock mounts so I can install shocks.

roll_the_dice 05-14-2019 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got in new bulbs (LED) for the dash cluster and tested them ...now to finish everything else!

forestb 05-25-2019 11:18 PM

Installed 1 gauge battery cables and ground and also added a group strap that goes from the frame to where the battery ground connects to the engine block. I am hoping that this will help with my truck having a hard time starting up again right after I turn it off.

allchevy58 06-09-2019 11:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wife painted the hood and grill surround today.

forestb 06-10-2019 12:01 AM

I added another heavy duty ground strap on the driver side that goes from the block to the frame and a standard size one from the frame to the cab. I hope that will help me not get shocked when I push on the horn button. It seems to be starting better when hot sense I beefed up the electrical system. I still am planning on wrapping the starter motor in heat shielding just in case the problem is caused by heat soak.

1998c1500 06-12-2019 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed Eaton posi unit with a 3.42 gear to replace open differential with 3.08 gear

The Rocknrod 06-12-2019 05:08 PM

Nice. :)

studeclunker 06-12-2019 06:56 PM

I need a FB-type love button for that drink holder! Brilliant piece of fab work!:wave:

Wife does wonderful paint work!

All I did today is finally get my truck running again after two weeks of tinkering abound and trouble-shooting with the help of our Technical Forum! We're off and running again!:truck:

jbgroby 07-02-2019 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had to stay home today while my DD was being serviced. While that was being done, I decided to cut in the bumper gaurd holes while I'm waiting for the painter to finish them. The factor OEM templet made the drilling easy. Once I got past the 1/8" hole, I used a step drill to cut up to 5/8". You will notice the placement of the Bumper gaurds on the GMC are set outside of the lettering vs. using the bumper mount bolts as Chevy does. This is because the bumper gaurds would have interfered with the lettering. I've been wanted to cut these holes for about a year and never got around to it.

allchevy58 07-03-2019 12:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got grill support, grill, bumper and misc. back on. Had the grill, bezels and bumper powder coated.

The Rocknrod 07-03-2019 10:06 AM

That really looks good. :)

allchevy58 07-05-2019 11:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 8552373)
That really looks good. :)

Thanks, got it finished, took it to cruise night at Summit Racing. Installed bumper stickers like the originals, a friend made them for me.

forestb 07-06-2019 11:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I installed my new gauges.

Steeveedee 07-06-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 8553977)
I installed my new gauges.

That's a nice clean setup!

forestb 07-06-2019 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. Today I installed my controller for my kicker audio stereo. A little less glamorous but much more important I took out my fuel filter and dirt fell out both sides. I could not replace it because I have to order it from Summit because it threads into AN fittings. So just sprayed some engine degreaser into it and blew it out with compressed air. I know that’s probably not the right thing to do but it helped the truck runs a lot better. I will order one and install it next weekend. I might also add a filter before the pump.

allchevy58 08-12-2019 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed new mud flaps I ordered.

cwcarpenter98 08-12-2019 11:41 PM

I installed a new radio today but did not take any pics. Got it mounted and wired up, plugged it in, and turned the key. It worked for about 2 minutes then stopped working completely. Apparently I got a defective one, but the good news is that a new one should be here on Wednesday. I got a Pioneer digital media receiver for $80 so I could have bluetooth to listen to the music on my phone. I would have preferred a factory looking radio, but I don't have factory looking radio money at the moment :lol:

EDIT 8/14: In my haste to complete the installation, I assumed the radio was the culprit. Had a new radio sent out to me, and guess what, that one didn't work either. I took the first one and plugged it into my Dakota since I have a Pioneer radio in that truck too, and the radio worked perfectly. Looks like I have something wrong with the wiring, but won't be able to figure it out until the next time I return from college.

vin63 08-13-2019 03:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Almost wrapped up the interior. Finished wiring the trick Ron Francis courtesy light kit to the headlight switch. Still on the fence with the vintage tissue dispenser. At least I can store the nitrous and MP3 cords in it in the meantime.

studeclunker 08-14-2019 03:02 PM

LOVE your truck!:cool: Most especially the hat rack!:c2: I could use one of those...

1998c1500 08-18-2019 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put pretty stickers on my tailgate.

lilpoindexter 08-19-2019 12:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Painted the front frame in preparation for the square body suspension