The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

rollenhard 10-24-2012 07:54 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

looking sharp Iceman_70
practice practice practice

la hi 10-24-2012 08:57 PM

Finished adding turn signal's project==they work now.

Speedbumpauto 10-25-2012 07:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished exhaust system complete with electronic cutouts. Now to pull it out, weld between the tack welds, clean it up and get it coated.

hotrod1 10-25-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedbumpauto (Post 5667735)
Finished exhaust system complete with electronic cutouts. Now to pull it out, weld between the tack welds, clean it up and get it coated.

Hey Speedbump. Do u have a build on that truck? I want to see more pictures.

Chevette 10-25-2012 08:07 PM

Speedbump: Your truck is looking very nice. Looks like your putting some big meat on the rear. What size you using? Exhaust looks great and so do the tail lights. Lookin' good.;)

yossarian19 10-25-2012 10:49 PM

Pressure washed the frame from cab forward & got the nut off of the original pitman arm. Managed not to break anything. Still have to remove the arm & the rest of the box then pull the lower shock mounts. Will at that point be ready for the engine & trans cross members + power steering kit that are on the way.

Speedbumpauto 10-26-2012 10:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not very digital, so I haven't figured out how the build thing works, but I did get a digital camera and kept a pictorial log of everything I did on my home computer. The tires are 31x16.5x 17 Hoosiers on 13.5 x 17 Welds. Thanks for the compliments, I'm starting to feel pretty good about this as it's the most extensive(expensive?;)) build I've ever attempted and sometimes it seems like there's never going to be an end.

renegade8720 10-26-2012 12:39 PM

Great looking truck!

Renegade

Daze57 10-26-2012 01:28 PM

x2 ^

NEWFISHER 10-26-2012 02:48 PM

Tossed some stainless 3/4 trim rings on it, unbolted the front seat and ordered a pleated seat cover and matching headliner. It seems to never stop!

agnes the dog 10-26-2012 08:40 PM

The starter was making a horrible sound. Crawled underneath and found that my starter housing is cracked from the PO torquing it too tight. At least I know what that sound is now! Off to the parts store again...

jrdecat 10-26-2012 10:54 PM

watched the snow melt off of it...

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...025_082249.jpg

yossarian19 10-27-2012 02:27 AM

Got the pitman arm, steering box & column removed. Still need to separate column from box, or source a 60s / 70s column to use. Not really sure how to separate column... hammer hasn't worked yet.

Docs fitty6 10-28-2012 07:15 PM

Most all of Saturday was spent re-working fenderwell headers. I hope to gain enough clearance to replace the 195-45/15 tires for something BIGGER
I hope to get some good video of the initial break in at the Vette shop this next week!
By the way. I cleaned up the frame/suspension of all loose stuff and then used and hand brushed coat of POR-15.
Has anyone else used this product? A bit spendy at close to $150/gal. But damn does this stuff work. And lasts a long time too. I first started using it in the mid nineties before it was available retail.
later

NEWFISHER 10-29-2012 02:15 AM

Masked and resprayed the interior.
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...028_164137.jpg
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...028_135138.jpg
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...028_184557.jpg
Then painted the hub caps and emblems, tossed on some buffed/ground whites and drove it to the Drive Inn for a shake. Found an engine for my Burb, so the Apache is now for sale
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...028_184944.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Daze57 10-30-2012 09:31 PM

hey guys -
For any of you 55- 59 chevy guys who are still utilizing your lower side cowl vent - i have a great tip for ya - for the doors i was trying a bunch of different materials to replace the worn cracked rubber . After buying the ''so-called'' replacment foam stuff for these vents - 3 times ( they tear v v easily - pure junk ) i tried other stuff and it all did not work . what is ''the'' best stuff is a old car or truck inner tube - get a busted one -make a template and a shot of wd-40 and there ya go - seals great !!!!!

hope this helps out anyone.

i am a guessin that the 47 -54 - guys may find a use for that tube rubber also '

meter swinger 11-01-2012 06:56 PM

My rear fleetside bumper just showed up today. It will be the first time iv'e had one on the the truck. I'm so excited i'll probably sleep with it tonight.:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

meter swinger 11-01-2012 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks good. Ordered it from brothers on friday and its already here. Now to find some brackets.:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Chevette 11-01-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meter swinger (Post 5680065)
My rear fleetside bumper just showed up today. It will be the first time iv'e had one on the the truck. I'm so excited i'll probably sleep with it tonight.:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

If I put my bumper on the kitchen table, I'd probably end up sleeping with it too (out on the lawn). I'm sure she'd eventually cool down and let me back in the house though, as long as I didn't try to sneak the bumper back in.:lol: Looks good Meter. Make sure you put lots of polish on it.;)

vwjohnny 11-01-2012 10:14 PM

Wow! Bumper envy! I worked on my firewall and frame. More scrubbing to remove 50+ years of grease and yuck. Sprayed my new posies drop springs. Hope to be ready for paint in a few weeks. Ready to have my truck back.
Posted via Mobile Device

meter swinger 11-01-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevette (Post 5680504)
If I put my bumper on the kitchen table, I'd probably end up sleeping with it too (out on the lawn). I'm sure she'd eventually cool down and let me back in the house though, as long as I didn't try to sneak the bumper back in.:lol: Looks good Meter. Make sure you put lots of polish on it.;)

I have five boys. You outta see the crap they drag in the house :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

agnes the dog 11-01-2012 11:30 PM

Drove it.... :-) 180 mile round trip to buy a Camaro T-5 5 speed. I was really surprised that I got 17mpg!!! Just gotta find an s-10 tail housing now.

OrrieG 11-02-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevette (Post 5680504)

Yall do not want to find out what happens when you rebuild your engine during the winter in a two bedroom apt. That was in my second year of marriage, I am pretty sure it took me another 5 or so and a new house before she forgot.

tttuba 11-02-2012 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I did with my truck on the 31st.......

meter swinger 11-03-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tttuba (Post 5682355)
Here is what I did with my truck on the 31st.......

GRAVEDIGGER :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

OrrieG 11-03-2012 08:48 PM

Read thru the TF one piece thread, watched the videos, took notes and modified my doors. I elected to keep the latch piece where it is and compenstated on the other side. So far looking good, tomorrow going to put in the regulator and masonite "glass" to fine tune it.

mobileortho 11-05-2012 12:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wanted to get the rear speakers off the floor, so I cut the box down so that it would fit in the cab corners.

OrrieG 11-05-2012 03:09 PM

Still finetuning the windows, on hold until the channels get here. Made a support for my floor jack to hold the doors during hinge installation.

crossfire84 11-05-2012 05:35 PM

nice work

mknittle 11-07-2012 09:19 PM

Finished up my new transmission cross member. and got a quart of rust bullet.

NEWFISHER 11-08-2012 03:48 PM

Pulled the seat in the Apache and tore it down to the springs, rebuilding the foam and installing a new fitted cover.

mknittle 11-08-2012 11:49 PM

the brown truck brought my front control arm bushings

Speedbumpauto 11-09-2012 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
FINALLY got the Lokar parking brake the way I wanted it and got the boot to fit without interference from the mounting bolts. I also fabbed up a (I think) pretty sweet shifter for the overdrive unit so I won't have to use that ugly cable and big red knob under the dash.(US Gear V2, not Gearvendors) I'll get the shifter handle chromed to match the other two, but I think it turned out kinda neat. I wanted the E brake handle to stick up some cuz I think it gives a little bit of the "old truck" look.

renegade8720 11-09-2012 05:58 PM

Looking good!

Renegade

tttuba 11-09-2012 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Days...got my wheel spacers so I can use the stock wheels with disc brakes. Now to get all the Halloween items that are drying on the truck off so I can install these shiny pieces of metal.

crossfire84 11-10-2012 01:16 PM

sweet!!!

itstheshu 11-10-2012 03:58 PM

Finished up the wiring. So I threw the seat back in and took it for a drive.

waybad 11-10-2012 04:23 PM

put points plugs cap rotor

Dan in Pasadena 11-10-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedbumpauto (Post 5693430)
FINALLY got the Lokar parking brake the way I wanted it and got the boot to fit without interference from the mounting bolts. I also fabbed up a (I think) pretty sweet shifter for the overdrive unit so I won't have to use that ugly cable and big red knob under the dash.(US Gear V2, not Gearvendors) I'll get the shifter handle chromed to match the other two, but I think it turned out kinda neat. I wanted the E brake handle to stick up some cuz I think it gives a little bit of the "old truck" look.

How about some more info on that parking brake lever install? Is that stand-off you fabricated necessary for mechanical reasons too or just to make the boot fit right, as you mentioned? Maybe a Lokar part number for it?

_Ogre 11-10-2012 07:48 PM

drove mine :D

good looking parking brake speedbump
i may need to add one to my truck this winter