The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

SCOTI 02-26-2010 01:32 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

I cut some of my steel floor up & re-arranged the pieces to make room for a flush fill stainless fuel filler. I posted a cell phone pic in my build thread.

I also dropped/broke my camera :waah: .

scooterskoolkustoms 02-26-2010 09:30 AM

watched my truck get burred under the snow AGAIN.I hate nj can't wait to move back to calif.Road trip comming up soon.

panelrodder81 02-26-2010 03:16 PM

Got my transmission and carrier shimmed to take care of a wicked vibration at highway speeds. Works great now... minus the uber low gearing in the axle that I need to replace.

Twiztid_66c10 02-26-2010 03:21 PM

got brake master cylinder installed, licensed and insured and title put in my about to take tuck out of town first time since at least 93 thats what the old plates and tags say

ruffrida2005 02-27-2010 01:21 AM

I pulled the motor and trans out so I can run my brake and fuel lines.

Bugeyev8 02-27-2010 02:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got the 98-01 Dodge Ram seats installed in my 62...what a pain in the ASS !!

Chevy Fleetside 02-28-2010 01:21 AM

Stripped and cut up the 81 parts truck with a couple of friends/board members today. It is cut into managable pieces. I found out it has a 200R4 tranny and came with an aluminum drive shaft. The drive shaft must weight about 10 lbs. It was refered to being a pvc pipe. I am going to use it in the 66. I think the engine is a 5.0 so I guess that will go to the scrap yard.

64c20crewcab 02-28-2010 02:08 AM

With front sheet metal off and motor yanked within the last 7 days, I started the frame cleanup - removal of the oil sludge from frame rail, cross member n front suspension. Lots done but nowhere near finished.....

SCOTI 02-28-2010 02:12 AM

Cut up the bed floor a little more. Welded it back together in a slightly different configuration. Grinding before, during, & after.
Build thread updated....

Slow Build 02-28-2010 02:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside (Post 3830247)
Stripped and cut up the 81 parts truck with a couple of friends/board members today.

It was kinda fun watching team sawsall in action (team motto: We have extra blades and we're not afraid to use em). When it started raining I thought there was no way we would get it torn all the way down. But when it stopped raining you guys ( and gal) hit full stride. Good fun.

thunder71 02-28-2010 09:17 AM

picked up another rusty bucket 66 short stepper saved from the crusher:metal:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1267362697
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1267362821
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1267362868
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1267362917
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1267362971

64GMCHorsepower 02-28-2010 12:12 PM

Fixed my brakelights, fixed my turn signals......Got my new alternator installeds, got my shocks installed....bumper installed...temporarily......Just gotta bolt down the passenger seat, tie up the wiring under the dash, install the radio and speakers, and we are ready tp drive!!!

carnuts07 02-28-2010 05:20 PM

emptyied snow from bed and found a bunch of junk from the PO

Sillyoldman 02-28-2010 05:31 PM

I moved it under its own power. Needs pipes. No brakes yet. Was hoping to run brake lines this weekend but it just ain't happening. Plan is to get it running and stopping properly then Ill start cutting and welding in new rocker, floor & cab corners.

My cruddy video today. Music is Feel the noise, quiet riot. That was not planned:lol:

Eagletucky 02-28-2010 06:09 PM

Broke my 61' down to the bare frame. Cut the floors out of it in prep for the floor replacement in my 66 Burb. Moved the 5 lug crossmember from the 61' to the burb. Did alot of cutting, grinding, getting dirty. Lots of progress, now to cut out the rusty burb floors!!

ravens65 02-28-2010 06:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well.... finally got to work on it again. ran the rest of the new wiring harness (e-z wiring my a$$) don't buy from them!!! installed the billet gauge cluster with ultra-lite gauges and billet knobs and also installed my grille. all thats left for the wiring is the heater, stereo, electric seats and tail lights Hey anybody know how to wire the aftermarket tailights???? there is two wires in the lights a green and a black and the wiring harness has one for stop lights and one for running lights , thought that the black would be ground but...... is one wire for each and the ground is from bolting the housing to the fender???if so which wire?? after wiring the two spd wiper motor this should be a no-brainer for me but still confused. E-z wiring is crap had to buy $40.00 worth of connectors and $30.00 of wire . one wire for wipers, what a joke the wipers should have about 6 wires, had to keep getting online for diagrams also do I need that p.o.s. relay for the heater, it looks like a small electric heater ???? look at all the finger prints that I will always have!!! what was I thinking? can really smell all that leather in there,( leather dash, headliner, pillar post, door panels) it sure smells new. Eric

lock 02-28-2010 10:32 PM

Finished powdercoating my front brake components and mocked them up.

http://www.iroc-ss.com/c10/images/fbrakes6.jpg

nbrfd007 02-28-2010 11:26 PM

It's Alive, my 62 Burb, put a new carb on today. Started on first try. Sounds great, got the clutch working. Drove it for the first time. Still got to work on the brakes.

ruffrida2005 03-01-2010 12:28 AM

Glad to see you back to work on it Eric.

I went to my parents house to load up my 64 cab. comes to find out the roof skin is cracked pretty much all the way around the drip rail. Windshield metal needs fixed. Too much work for the cab. I'm going to break out some dynoglass on it all so I can drive the truck till I can afford a new cab. I think a new one will be cheaper.

Mitch6667 03-01-2010 12:17 PM

Finished the tubular trailing arms (now i just need to triangulate them). Replaced pan hard bar crossmember, and transmission crossmember with a tubular style. Also ordered coil overs for the rear. Has we say on the eastern shore, It has been an Oh **** Son day.

panelrodder81 03-01-2010 12:59 PM

Did an oil change to get a better idea of the condition of the engine I just put in and have been driving for about a month. Oil was really solid, wasn't abnormally black, nor did it have any grit in it... yay. Fixed an oil leak on the top of the motor, who would have thought you'd need a gasket under the distributor! (I forgot to put it on when I put the HEI in I guess.) Then I installed a cheap little oil gauge in the truck since all I have are idiot lights. Ran out of time to make my gauge holder/bracket so it's just zip-tied to the dash for now. Next weekend I'll finish that up and get my temp gauge installed and put my new torque converter cover on... hopefully.

Vernski 03-01-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERIC BUFFARD (Post 3831362)
Well.... finally got to work on it again. ran the rest of the new wiring harness (e-z wiring my a$$) don't buy from them!!! installed the billet gauge cluster with ultra-lite gauges and billet knobs and also installed my grille. all thats left for the wiring is the heater, stereo, electric seats and tail lights Hey anybody know how to wire the aftermarket tailights???? there is two wires in the lights a green and a black and the wiring harness has one for stop lights and one for running lights , thought that the black would be ground but...... is one wire for each and the ground is from bolting the housing to the fender???if so which wire?? after wiring the two spd wiper motor this should be a no-brainer for me but still confused. E-z wiring is crap had to buy $40.00 worth of connectors and $30.00 of wire . one wire for wipers, what a joke the wipers should have about 6 wires, had to keep getting online for diagrams also do I need that p.o.s. relay for the heater, it looks like a small electric heater ???? look at all the finger prints that I will always have!!! what was I thinking? can really smell all that leather in there,( leather dash, headliner, pillar post, door panels) it sure smells new. Eric

Eric nice looking truck I like the gauges they look good. Did you powder-coat the grill & bumper or paint it? They have that soft look....Vernski:metal:

64c20crewcab 03-01-2010 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2/28/10 Lots accomplished on the frame clean up from forward cab mount to front bumper mount. Not done but getting there! Time, patients and favorable weather helped!

lakeroadster 03-01-2010 08:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got the gauges mounted in the '67 Camaro dash in my '65 SWB SS. Also installed boots for the Shifter and floor hand brake.

Turkey 03-01-2010 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Used the hood for a table so I could pinstripe my helmet.

Attachment 554267