The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

1976gmc20 01-11-2021 01:10 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 8862405)
fog= water vapor in the air.
we sometimes get it when it's foggy, but mostly cause of the river putting moisture in the air.

Up in Alaska we would get fog that would come in off of Cook Inlet and then disappear leaving the roads covered with black ice.

Almost killed me once, but fortunately I spun off in a cut on the highway and not a fill! Coming home from work in the dark, I had no idea that the road was anything but dry. Went into the ditch backwards in a couple feet of snow. I got out and locked in the hubs and drove right out :)

FleetsidePaul 01-11-2021 01:57 PM

I just found this on my patio. It was over at my other house which I seldom go to. I forgot I had it. A huge cast iron skillet. It's an old one made in Ohio.

Now I just need to figure out how to season it. There is no way it will fit in my oven and I don't think it will fit on any of my grill's. This thing is a monster. I have a Green Egg that will hit 800 degrees but it's not that big.

Any idea's what to do with this thing? :confused:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Big_Pan.jpg

weq92f 01-11-2021 02:00 PM

Shorten the handle?

-klb

1976gmc20 01-11-2021 03:26 PM

Use it over a campfire ;)

best view 01-11-2021 06:18 PM

Protect your family with it

special-K 01-11-2021 07:50 PM

That thar's fer a campfar. All thar is toit.

Ol Blue K20 01-11-2021 10:15 PM

Send it to me...I would love to have it and use it. How much you want for it?....

DeadheadNM 01-11-2021 10:18 PM

Fry up some chicharrones in it

dieseldawg142 01-11-2021 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8862407)
I can see that on your crewcab

do like the way it looks on the hood, but regrettably it won't go there...some "disadvantaged" person would prob rip it off eventually....pretty much a given.
thinking either put a strong magnet in it and stick on top of the grille guard so i can remove it every time i leave the truck or up on the visor in the middle were no one "should" not be able to reach it
Attachment 2073644

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8862536)
Up in Alaska we would get fog that would come in off of Cook Inlet and then disappear leaving the roads covered with black ice.

me and the wife hit extensive black ice on the freeway once at about 65 mph in my old blaze with 35's. slid completely sideways down the highway for about a 1/4 mile it seemed for it came around and straightened out. like you my only worry was to try not roll it if we left the road, lock the hubs and drive it out. had wifey looking out her side window down the road keeping an eye for bare spots. after i got it straight she looked at me and was white as a ghost- like glow in the dark white..:lol:

1976gmc20 01-11-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 8862852)

me and the wife hit extensive black ice on the freeway once at about 65 mph in my old blaze with 35's. slid completely sideways down the highway for about a 1/4 mile it seemed for it came around and straightened out. like you my only worry was to try not roll it if we left the road, lock the hubs and drive it out. had wifey looking out her side window down the road keeping an eye for bare spots. after i got it straight she looked at me and was white as a ghost- like glow in the dark white..:lol:

If I had gone off about a quarter of a mile in either direction, it would have been down maybe a 100 foot bank :uhmk: This was back when the Parks Highway was just a two lane going down from Wasilla towards the Matanuska/Knik bridges towards Eagle River and Anchorage.

I got lucky a few times when I was younger which started making me super careful. Not that I was a crazy driver, just that relatively normal driving could really get you (or someone else!) if the wrong thing just happened to happen. Just because you can drive a little bit faster down a canyon road doesn't mean some dumb sh1t won't be parked in the middle with their doors open looking at big horn sheep :rolleyes:

FleetsidePaul 01-12-2021 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8862847)
Send it to me...I would love to have it and use it. How much you want for it?....

I never sell anything. That's why I have so much cr@p.

The only thing I ever trade in is wives. If you're interested in one of them let me know. They're available. Do me a favor and get them off my back :lol:

FleetsidePaul 01-12-2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 8862718)
Protect your family with it

Got that covered already

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/python_2.jpg

Stocker 01-12-2021 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8862937)
Got that covered already

That looks familiar..... Dan Wesson?

FleetsidePaul 01-12-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8862949)
That looks familiar..... Dan Wesson?

Colt Python.

Ol Blue K20 01-12-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8863056)
Colt Python.

Did your wife get hers back?

FleetsidePaul 01-12-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8863090)
Did your wife get hers back?

Nope. We fought the law and the law won. I don't even know why they notified her that the gun had been recovered. Because we spent time and money trying to get property that was stolen from her back. We even hired a firearms dealer to step in and he got nowhere either. Bottom line is they aint giving it back. I have a very low opinion of the Sheriff's Department and the Department of Justice right now. We tried for 6 months and got stonewalled every step of the way. :waah:

Boog 01-12-2021 05:55 PM

You know, there ought to be some where you can issue a statement of facts regarding the gun and make statement that you are not in possession of the gun since the date it was stolen and anything that may happen since that time with that gun you are not held responsible. Just in case it may come up some time in the future involved in some crime. One could easily assume that gun is in the hands of someone other than the police now or in an officer's personal possession.

1976gmc20 01-12-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8863191)
Nope. We fought the law and the law won. I don't even know why they notified her that the gun had been recovered. Because we spent time and money trying to get property that was stolen from her back. We even hired a firearms dealer to step in and he got nowhere either. Bottom line is they aint giving it back. I have a very low opinion of the Sheriff's Department and the Department of Justice right now. We tried for 6 months and got stonewalled every step of the way. :waah:

Nothing like being robbed twice :devil:

Molon Labe ;)

FleetsidePaul 01-12-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8863243)
You know, there ought to be some where you can issue a statement of facts regarding the gun and make statement that you are not in possession of the gun since the date it was stolen and anything that may happen since that time with that gun you are not held responsible. Just in case it may come up some time in the future involved in some crime. One could easily assume that gun is in the hands of someone other than the police now or in an officer's personal possession.

I'm not too worried about it. There was more than one gun stolen. My wife should have had a safe but she didn't. They found one of them a few years back in Phoenix and it had been used in a murder. She didn't want it back.

Reminds me of an old Plymouth that I sold years ago. Pile of junk but it ran good. I sold it to a real sketchy guy. And neglected to send in the release of liability.(Stupid) About a month later I got a letter from the Sheriff's Dept. asking me who I had sold it to. Apparently it had been used in a robbery.(Big shock) I called them and it was no problem. I think that they already knew who did it and just wanted confirmation. They never accused me of anything and I never heard another thing.

Whatever. I'm over it. Back to random photos.

I visited my 3 little buddies the last time I was at my property. I miss them they were good dogs.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ittle_guys.jpg

1976gmc20 01-12-2021 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The "throne room" on our new property:

:lol:

1976gmc20 01-12-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8863385)
The "throne room" on our new property:

:lol:

Believe it or not, the insurance company wanted pictures, just for extending our liability coverage. :rolleyes:

(it's a plywood tee-pee outhouse, btw ;) )

special-K 01-13-2021 06:29 AM

Ohhh... one of those roadside attractions, ey?

FleetsidePaul 01-13-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8863387)
Believe it or not, the insurance company wanted pictures, just for extending our liability coverage. :rolleyes:

(it's a plywood tee-pee outhouse, btw ;) )

Liability coverage on an outhouse. :lol: Are they afraid you'll get a splinter in your fanny and file a claim. :lol:

1976gmc20 01-13-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8863558)
Liability coverage on an outhouse. :lol: Are they afraid you'll get a splinter in your fanny and file a claim. :lol:

No, I wanted to extend our liability just in case somebody trespassed and rolled their ATV and broke their neck or something like that. There's no fence along the road to keep people out of the creek bottom side. Morons from town come out here and seem to think that this is national forest or something.

Agent asked me if there were any structures and I said no, just an outhouse - don't need coverage on that. So then the ins co wanted pictures of what they weren't insuring :rolleyes:

FleetsidePaul 01-13-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8863593)

Agent asked me if there were any structures and I said no, just an outhouse - don't need coverage on that. So then the ins co wanted pictures of what they weren't insuring :rolleyes:

Sounds familiar. I have a shed at my house in So Cal. When I rented it out I needed to change my policy to a rental. They sent some prick out and he said I needed to move my shed because it was under a huge Ash tree and a branch could fall on it. It was either move it or cut down the tree.

Well I'm sorry but it's a 1 year old wooden shed, built on a concrete slab. (that I poured) I'm not moving it or cutting down my beautiful 60 year old tree. I said I'd sign a waiver stating that if it was damaged by the tree that I would be responsible.

Not good enough. They denied me. I called my other insurance company. And it was no problem.Then I moved all my policies to the second company. All the first one did was lose my business.

1976gmc20 01-13-2021 06:24 PM

I guess they wanted to make sure my "outhouse" wasn't a 40 room mansion or something :lol:

There was some camping gear left in the john. I'm thinking about cleaning out our old chicken coop and moving it over there for a storage shed. But first I would have to fix the wheel bearing on my flatbed trailer ;)

FleetsidePaul 01-13-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8863764)
There was some camping gear left in the john.

Just be glad it was only camping gear. ;)

special-K 01-14-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8863761)
Sounds familiar. I have a shed at my house in So Cal. When I rented it out I needed to change my policy to a rental. They sent some prick out and he said I needed to move my shed because it was under a huge Ash tree and a branch could fall on it. It was either move it or cut down the tree.

Well I'm sorry but it's a 1 year old wooden shed, built on a concrete slab. (that I poured) I'm not moving it or cutting down my beautiful 60 year old tree. I said I'd sign a waiver stating that if it was damaged by the tree that I would be responsible.

Not good enough. They denied me. I called my other insurance company. And it was no problem. Then I moved all my policies to the second company. All the first one did was lose my business.

Been there done that. More than once I have had to remind a property insurance company of the third option, and then "demonstrating" the third option... Seeya! I'm just no good at fighting a company to get them to keep taking my money. Just cave in and go elsewhere

1976gmc20 01-14-2021 11:45 AM

I've been with the same ins agency since we moved to MT 23+ years ago. Good people and they find the best ins co for us even though the owner is a pxxck. The owners lived next door to us in town for a while and never even spoke or waved. He's a politician and although nominally the same party as me we have disagreed on a lot of things.

I would change my insurance just based on that but the folks in the office have always been real helpful. Also there are not really any other somewhat local options.

LUV2XCLR8 01-16-2021 06:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing to see here, just widening shop access :lol:

LUV2XCLR8 01-16-2021 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All done, the "Runway" is now complete :exit:

FleetsidePaul 01-16-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 (Post 8865180)

It's not complete until you lay some rubber on it. :)

I bought another surfboard today. Now I have 4 and I don't even surf anymore. Just more "Patio art". It's actually a windsurfer. Makes no difference to me. I'm too old to ride it. :(

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...surfboard2.jpg

dave6672 01-16-2021 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lone tombstone on the side of the road in southern IL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Neptune_(pig)

LUV2XCLR8 01-16-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8865199)
It's not complete until you lay some rubber on it. :)

Kinda hard to do on Gravel, but after it packs down I will try it :lol:

special-K 01-17-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 (Post 8865180)

First the building, now the fine tuning, next summer more mowing :cool:
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8865199)
I bought another surfboard today. Now I have 4 and I don't even surf anymore. Just more "Patio art". It's actually a windsurfer. Makes no difference to me. I'm too old to ride it. :(

Can I borrow one if I make it out that way?
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 8865230)
Lone tombstone on the side of the road in southern IL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Neptune_(pig)

Neat story.

LUV2XCLR8 01-17-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8865370)
First the building, now the fine tuning, next summer more mowing :cool:

I considered indoor/outdoor carpet on that hill :lol:

FleetsidePaul 01-17-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8865370)
Can I borrow one if I make it out that way?

Sure...Hang Ten Moondoggie. :lol:

LONGHAIR 01-17-2021 11:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A fairly small reception desk I built last week. Matching file cabinets go in the bare spaces at the ends and a solid access panel covers the center after the wiring is completed on-site.
Since it is so small (just over 8') it is fully assembled. That is unusual, most of the time either building access, weight, or just overall size dictates that they come apart and get reassembled by the installers.
As an example, the one directly behind it is in multiple pieces. It's not much longer, but the door opening wouldn't allow it to be assembled. It has an upper section that looks similar to the one in the front, except angled rather than square

72c20customcamper 01-17-2021 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My sons dog Clint

Boog 01-17-2021 09:12 PM

He comes with his own tool belt too..