The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

Sheepdip 09-02-2020 12:59 AM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

2 Attachment(s)
Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls Idaho 2017 and Mt Rushmore 2017

HO455 09-02-2020 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sunrise at work.

Low Elco 09-02-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8801794)
Somewhere near Kansas City :ennyd:

Thats about a mile and a half from my house, I salvaged that sign between the doors. Joe is a great cat.

Killer Bee 09-02-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8801996)
Thats about a mile and a half from my house, I salvaged that sign between the doors. Joe is a great cat.

you too? Joe and I same age I think and I believe he went to Truman or Chrisman? I went to blue mills elementary and would have went to fort osage but we had to move to the farm when grandpa passed..

in high school my uncle was the manager of hillside apts on Truman around the corner from Joe.. he got my mom the mowing contract for several apt. complexes by same owner.. made a lot of $$$ as a teenager :D

just met someone here on the forum recently from Holden where I went to high school.. wanted to meet with him and Joe in July but I got overloaded with chores.. maybe next summer meet up? y'all welcome on the farm, it's out in the boonies but no complaints :lol:

kingsolver72 09-02-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8801794)
Somewhere near Kansas City :ennyd:

I’ve been there too.. when I was there years ago he had a nice collection of tailgates.

dieseldawg142 09-02-2020 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
feeding the birds on our lunch break...
Attachment 2045286

Killer Bee 09-02-2020 10:29 PM

the birdman of Rampart :lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/l02e22acii1...43656.jpg?dl=0

leddzepp 09-03-2020 01:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 8801822)
Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls Idaho 2017 and Mt Rushmore 2017

That looks familiar ;)

cornerstone 09-03-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8801799)
What happens when you invite A fellow truck lover from Germany to stay :barn:
It’s been a year Gerhard
I hope you and the family are well

Hard to believe it's been a year! Gerhard is such a great guy, the whole family took to him and loved hearing all his stories. I hope to take a cruise with him when he is working as the ships engineer someday. Thanks again for the cammo Chevyland hat! It's the only ball cap I'll wear.

Low Elco 09-03-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8802060)
you too? Joe and I same age I think and I believe he went to Truman or Chrisman? I went to blue mills elementary and would have went to fort osage but we had to move to the farm when grandpa passed..

in high school my uncle was the manager of hillside apts on Truman around the corner from Joe.. he got my mom the mowing contract for several apt. complexes by same owner.. made a lot of $$$ as a teenager :D

just met someone here on the forum recently from Holden where I went to high school.. wanted to meet with him and Joe in July but I got overloaded with chores.. maybe next summer meet up? y'all welcome on the farm, it's out in the boonies but no complaints :lol:

Yup, I live out just south of Blue Mills, both of my kids graduated from Fort O. Let me know, there's a whole crew of us here in KC.

special-K 09-03-2020 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nudder bird pic

davischevy 09-03-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8802553)
Yup, I live out just south of Blue Mills, both of my kids graduated from Fort O. Let me know, there's a whole crew of us here in KC.

I lived in Blue Springs.

kingsolver72 09-03-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8802720)
I lived in Blue Springs.

Details please....

davischevy 09-03-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8802725)
Details please....

1958-59 I was a little kid.
My dad and uncle were in the remodeling business.
My uncle had been there a while.
They both still had farms here.
They moved back here and started building custom houses.
They split about the time I got out of high school and I joined my dad.

Boy buys hammer and nail belt. Rest is history.

davischevy 09-03-2020 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Along the Buffalo River near Steel Creek landing.

Steeveedee 09-03-2020 11:33 PM

I see pics like "other Larry" posted above (and others), and I guess I ought to just go explore this country before I agree with my wife to going to Europe for a few weeks. Lots to see here in the US, most people speak the language (maybe with atrocious accents) and I wouldn't need a passport, even though I have one. If I can double my truck's mileage, maybe I should put in that LS motor, after all. I'd save a young fortune on fuel. :lol:

Chevyland 09-04-2020 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep

Chevyland 09-04-2020 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No LS needed
Crazy Horse........in the background

Killer Bee 09-04-2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 8802553)

we lived in blue mills when it was newly developing, 1617 glenview ct right after it was built.. still remember our phone number 796-8069.. late 70s there was no south of blue mills or paved access anyways.. the east end of blue mills rd was the 'new edition' where our 'dirt trails' were.. another trail led west from our tract to qt on 24.. my best friend lived in glen ellen ct and he graduated from the fort, his folks live in salem east now :) we rode our bikes to little blue where there's a park now and paved trail.. all the way to billy's house in atherton.. fell out of a tree showing off for his cute sister :lol:

definitely need to all get together sometime!

special-K 09-04-2020 08:29 AM

It is right about the middle of this country.

Low Elco 09-04-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8802811)
we lived in blue mills when it was newly developing, 1617 glenview ct right after it was built.. still remember our phone number 796-8069.. late 70s there was no south of blue mills or paved access anyways.. the east end of blue mills rd was the 'new edition' where our 'dirt trails' were.. another trail led west from our tract to qt on 24.. my best friend lived in glen ellen ct and he graduated from the fort, his folks live in salem east now :) we rode our bikes to little blue where there's a park now and paved trail.. all the way to billy's house in atherton.. fell out of a tree showing off for his cute sister :lol:

definitely need to all get together sometime!

My wife's parent's house was the 3rd one built in all of Salem East in '69. Carol finally moved out last year. If you remember that well, we live at Jackson Drive/Jones Road and Bundschu. I've heard many a good story about the trails back behind there. I grew up north of Wichita, moved to KC North in '85 and went to Oak Park. ALL of my great teenage fun spots have been bulldozed. Back to Regular programming...

Low Elco 09-04-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8802760)
I see pics like "other Larry" posted above (and others), and I guess I ought to just go explore this country before I agree with my wife to going to Europe for a few weeks. Lots to see here in the US, most people speak the language (maybe with atrocious accents) and I wouldn't need a passport, even though I have one. If I can double my truck's mileage, maybe I should put in that LS motor, after all. I'd save a young fortune on fuel. :lol:

The accents are the fun part! The Power that started in Louisiana was awesome with all the Cajuns talkin' in KS/MO!

72c20customcamper 09-04-2020 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some of the places I've been to on the bike. There's more on the inside side bag lids to .

davischevy 09-04-2020 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hwy 43 south of town, Compton Mountain, looking east over Crooked Creek Valley. The Forestry Service was doing controlled burns that day, hence the blue haze.

davischevy 09-04-2020 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
71 Longhorn stenciled frame number.